Thread: What do you HATE and LOVE about GSD?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

What do you HATE and LOVE about GSD?

I make this topic to just let people express, quickly and simply, their loves and hates about Gundam SEED Destiny. I know we have a Fukuda haters topic and a Fukuda praise topic (tho i think Mut's mostly being sarcastic) but I just wanted to have people throw down and rank the things about Destiny that they couldn't stand or absolutley loved.

My TOP 5:
    1. Rey Za Burrel. Come on! He's the successor to Rau! He's not "evil" in the classical anime villain sense, but he is so grimly determined and loyal that he is a frightening monster. I also think that his and Shinn's friendship is one of the more interesting aspects of the show.

2. "Break the World" - A colony drop in the first season of a show! Usually its towards the finale when someone attempts a colony drop, but this time it was used to set the stage for the rest of the events. I was slightly confused about the EAF's lacking efforts to stop it (I'd have launched every nuke in my arsenal at the thing) but when Break the World happened I thought GSD was really thriving.

3. Auel Neider- He is an asshole and a momma's boy all at the same time! He is by far the most emotionally developed druggie to come out of SEED or GSD. His comments were always hilarious and he noticed Stellar's absence even though she had been wiped from his memory! Abyss was also an excellent Gundam.

4. Chairman Dullindal- Ok ok. I know we all saw his evilness coming, but he pulled most of it off so damn well! His only mistakes have come as plot devices to allow the Clyne Faction to have a fighting chance and side against him. Otherwise, just as Kira admitted, everyone would be in his pocket by now.

5. Meer Campbell- Yes I am serious! I'll say that an episode that was so much about her should NOT have come so late in the series, but I think the idea behind her character was excellent! Hollywood today is full of celebrities ripping off each others styles, stars being born and made by largely imitating the great ones that came before them, jumping on the bandwagon. And Meer to me is the limit of that phenomenon. It was also an excellent political move, and I'm glad GSD continued addressing the issue of propaganda and its effect in wartime.

TOP 5 HATED:

1. Lacus Clyne- Burn bitch burn. I'm still baffled about why people listen to her... I also think she's turned into this delivery system for Fukuda to warp all of our minds, trying to form our morals about what is right and wrong in war. Her long speeches are boring, her saddness unpitiable, her lack of direct political action in GSD (not even appearing on the political scene until episode 40 or so!) laughable. She is such a goody-two-shoes it makes me sick to my stomach. And she in turn has infected...

2. Kira Yamato- Wow, I could just list the rest of the things about Kira in GSD that I hate for the rest of my top 5. He can't die. He still won't kill. He spouts as much shit as Lacus. He has seen about 0 character development. He is the Deus Ex Machina and posterboy of GSD. I used to think he was the best back in SEED...

3. Reviving Mwu- Way to totally trample one of the best moments from the SEED series. I thought it was beautiful, him taking the shot and saving the ArchAngel while Azreal and Nataru were also killed in the battle. But then he gets revived, granted his role was pretty kickass, and they try to keep us in suspense for 30+ episodes, when it's so painfully obvious that Neo is Mwu. Now his memory is back, nobody seems to care about his role in the Destroy massacre in Berlin, and he's shacking up with Maryu again. He was one of my favorite SEED characters too...

4. ArchAngel and Lacus Faction's never-ending surprises and military resources- No one, not even a rockstar, not even the daughter of the former Chairman can finance all of that stuff. Her account would have been frozen by ZAFT anyway. Her information network is never explained, but always digs up the most pertinent information at the most pivitol of times. And then there's the AA. It just keeps getting repaired and sheltered, but we really don't see alot of WHO gives them supplies and how they can pay for it. Finally we have a mysterious Factory up in space churning out the two most powerful Gundams ever, and neither ZAFT nor EAF have any role in it (ORB neither, since it was being controlled by Yuna Roma at the time) but this top-notch miltary technology is still available to our loved heroes! makes me barf.

5. Flashbacks- I don't need to be reminded constantly of what happened. I think they're using all the recycled clips to save money, those stingy bastards.

Well, there's a little more than my two cents! What do you all think?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Actually, your list is exactly like mine as far as I can see. I'd only switch "Break the world" for Heine, with the following motivation: Heine ruled.

And I'd put break the world at spot 5, kicking Meer off the top 5 good things.
    I agree with absolutely everything else, though I have a hard time with who I should rank higher out of Lacus and Kira.

*thinks for 2 seconds*

Gah who am I kidding, BURN LACUS BURN!

I can't say that I at this moment could give a top 5 after what has happen to this series..

But I feel that I have a mutial feeling about the top 5 hated... And must say that I agree but would have changed places with Neo/Mwu and the flashbacks... These flashbacks, it's hilariuos, I started to laugh last episode..

BURN Lacus burn, BURN I SAY, I can't take your goody-two-shoe mentality anymore..

Plz someone watch the ending and then tell me if she died, if so, I will run a marathon..
    It feels like a waste of time downloading GSD now a days.. But hell, sunday I might download it anyway, the strim of hope shines through the screen and I think, maybe, MAYBE..

THE GOOD:

Heine Westenfluss

The sexiest guy to ever grace an anime? I fucking think so. His hair, his smile, his gouf, his voice and his attitude. All 100% pure sexiness.

*Swoon*

The Music

At The End Of Insanity has to be one of the best tracks ever. The music in GSD has been freakin' awesome. Thank you, Sahashi Toshihiko!

Rey Za Burrel

Zealots are awesome. This zealot can play the piano and totally mess with your mind. Yes, I'm trying to say that Rey absolutely rules.

Chairman Gilbert Dullindal

His various facial gestures alone makes this man unforgettable. I also like how his idea actually makes SENSE. Sadly, Fukuda seems to prefer simply writing "DEVIL" on his forehead.

Episode 34

Such a great episode when first viewed. Such a useless episode when looked back at. I really enjoyed 34 when it first was aired, hence I will list it.

THE ( VERY ) BAD:

Lacus Clyne

Hypocritical, self-righteous, inconsequent and pink haired. By the way, what's she going to do once Dullindal is dead and the world descends into anarchy due to the lack of a leader? Go back to living in an orphanage abusing children while saying "fuck you" to the rest of the world again?

Kira Yamato

This guy has literally no personality and has given the word "pussywhipped" a whole new meaning. And he doesn't even get sex for it! What a fucking loser.

Mwu Slash Neo

Reviving Mwu and THEN forgetting about how he abused the druggies as Neo and making him into yet another of the AA's flawless carebears was beyond disgusting.

Flashbacks

... I really don't think I need to say more about this.

Where's The Reaper

Really, where the fuck is he? I mean, he sure as hell didn't seem to hesitate when it came to beaming up Heine. Then again, maybe he simply wants to keep inane idiots like Kira and Lacus the fuck away from him. I know I would.

As a sidenote, this moment was also quite awesome:
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

I think the Shinn vs Kira has been done to death so i'll argue on issue of ego. "My shoe is whiter/darker than yours."

When in a war do you value ownage or do you value peace?

Do you like Lenin or Stalin?

Are you competitive? If you lose do you vow revenge?

Is God someone who exists or do you think he's just there to make people act accordingly?

Do you value someone who is cunning and intelligent over someone who is humanitarian?

If you got arrest by a natural cop & been in trouble with the law & question if it was because you're a coordinator a) that you have done something to deserve it & naturals & coordinators could live in harmony as long as possible. b) hate toward all forms of current authority & a New World Order is needed & only way to change it all is if everyone is the same/equal & cleansing is only way. Hit home? No?

I think you'll find alot of people will agree with you on these points. Maybe Lacus is too good for her own shoes. Some find her speeches 'dumb' because she's not as cunning as Dullindal and link a person's intelligence to how evil and manipulative they become so for Lacus she's manipulative dumb _____. You can buy a vowel, yes. I think it's a matter of ego rather than anything else. I like Lacus because her head doesn't swell as much as Dullindal even if her speeches suck. When Dullindal's head swells so are some of the people. Anyway, i think these are something that will exhaust people when it comes to choosing sides. There's really no point to comparing Kira/Athrun vs Shinn/Rey or Lacus vs Dullindal.

My opinion does not change just because someone else feels differently. Maybe you're just not persuasive but i still like GSD despite it being slow to develope and it's nearing the end.

1. Music - Once again TMR makes what is IMO the best OP for the series and even tops Meteor with a new battle song. Oh, and the background music of course was excellent and while Wings of Words was not the best, if anyone were to watch some of the fan made Openings there are some far crappier choices, though I am still questioning why they didn't use Destiny. Overall, though the music was excellent.

2. The DOM Trio - Yes, this was such a cool part that it deserves its own like. I was a huge fan of the original Gundam and love to see the resurrection of one of the coolest parts of it (as cheesy as it is, I always thought it was kind of cool seeing them yell out "JET STREAM ATTACK!").

3. Cool Mobile Suit Designs - Even if they are just remakes, I found it refreshing to see a fresh look added to old MS from Gundam 0079, and while the DRAGOON system lost a little of it's uniqueness, I still found it pretty cool seeing Akatsuki and Freedom using it (I would have rather seen a revamped Providence instead of a downgraded one).

4. Cagalli Yula Athha - Yes, I know she started off as a weak character, but I found that I enjoyed her character development far more than any of the others. And I believe that Fukuda at least tied her story up well as it would not make any sense for the leader of ORB to leave to fight in space with her fiance.

5. Heine Westenfluss - Even if he only had a few episodes of fame he was a very cool character and if he had been kept, could have turned the show possibly in a more positive direction. Additionally, it was very entertaining to see him put Stellar in her place using his custom Gouf, showing the mortality of the Extended.

Hates:

1. One-sided perspective - A problem of several Gundam Series that is shared by this one too. Once again, just like in SEED I could care less if any of the enemies on the EAF side die because Fukuda failed to actually explain the reasons of that side for doing what they do while he told us everything about ZAFT once again.

2. Useless Episodes (Recaps and 100% talk ones that can be summed up in a few words) - These episodes are extremely stupid as it shows a lack of motivation by Fukuda to actually make a real episode so instead he decides upon a clip show or to have the characters stretch a sentence into half an episode.

3. Undeveloping characters - While Cagalli never was really finished up in SEED and needed more development, there is no reason that Athrun should have started at square one again or that Kira should have become god without a brain. Another example of Fukuda half-assing it.

4. SEED Takeover - By this I mean that Fukuda basically made this the old SEED cast's show in the first 15 episodes, instead of waiting until the last 5-7 episodes and gradually easing them in before that.

5. Invincible Characters - OK, if Fukuda doesn't want a character to die then at least have them jump out of the cockpit ahead of time or something instead of surviving a blast directly below the cockpit.

If you strongly disagree with my Likes and Hates, then that's too bad, try posting your own instead (note this is in anticipation of having someone flame my choices, not to start a fight with anyone).

The Good:
    1. Heine Westenfluss - Do I NEED TO SAY WHY!!!!

*swoon*

2. Stellar - *sigh* Stallar.......

*sigh*

3. Dullindal - Best evil genious, EVER!

4. Destiny - That is an awsome mobile suit. I don't care what anyone says.

5. Rey Za Burrel - The best bad guy, EVER!

The Bad:
    1. Kira - Bah!

2. Lacus - Bah!

3. Hugs - Haven't those two heard of sex! Jeez!

4. Neo - He should've stayed dead!

5. Death from spinning - WHO THE HELL SPINS AROUND WHEN THEIR SHOT!

The Ugly:
    *Meer not as Lacus, scary....

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

1. One-sided perspective

Seem like the only glue that actually bonds in GSD when asked what you like or hate about GSD characters. I don't think GSD is that bad when it comes to God characters. Naruto has been lagging as well and i last time i enjoyed it was when the 3rd died. Look at how many times Naruto survived a major battle. He's like an energizer bunny in his own rights. When a main character dies = when the show's over. In that sense, Kira has become a main character except he's not given much of a role in GSD besides being a machine with no script. He's rolling heads and i guess it's called for that he's not popular either.

Nai wins again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If we remove all the flashbacks and recycled animation from GSD we will be down to...
    30 episodes i say.
    Who less? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

the good:
    1 Cagalli (shes always my fav)
    2 Heine Westenfluss(shame he died so soon)
    3 kira
    4 athrun'
    5 Rey

the bad:
    1 Shinn Asuka
    2 stellar ( she killed my Heine.awwwww)
    3 flashbacks
    4 Lacus