Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Phase 48 Discussion

Phase 48 Discussion

psh...another build up episode. i want some ACTION already. goddamnit .IF this show is really only 50 eps, then they got some major cramming. At least we know there'll actually be MS fights next episode, the dragoons on the atasuki looks pretty sic.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Phase 48 Discussion

OF COURSE REY IS A RAU CLONE!!!! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IT WAS SO OBVIOUS!

Destiny blows balls, I don't think it can be salvaged now.

EDIT: And its not terrible that its a build-up episode, but goddamn how are we supposed to care anymore after the lull of flashbacks, switching of main characters and cheese that Destiny has become since episode 34 or so?

I mean, if anyone was actually vested in the end of the show it would kick ass. But everyone basically knows what is going to happen already, so "building it up" really doesn't do much. They should have developed it more BEFORE this point to make people actually care!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Phase 48 Discussion

Since when did Rey become evil? Where as Rau was the ultimate bad mfo in GS and he stands out as someone playing others' cards. Rey? He's just taking orders. In that case he would even make Mini-me, Dr evil clone, look good. I wouldn't care if he lives or die in the next episode. He has never done anything as evil as Rau who deserves to die at the end of GS. He's just Dullindal's shadow. Hope they're not going to kill one of the characters and then give them a whole episode explaining their significance in the series. Meer flash back was okay because she tied loose ends that people were expecting. Some didn't know why Lacus and Kira, the odd couple out, didn't join in on the series earlier and others thought they're just annoying because their roles were pushed back and dragged along as Shinn's & Athrun's, the misguided teenagers, progressed making them arbitrary and a hinderance to GSD's story. "Damn that pink haired girl and her virgin, over-zealous knight in shining armor makes Lucifer look like a Saint." Do her already so i can watch my collection without guilt. Granted they were plot devices too and being re-injected to GSD so fans polarize on the characters while keeping new GSD characters on their heels. As Heine was the point to which Athrun would revolve his character development around, Shinn fans needed someone to hate and so his character and plot can have a story, even if it wasn't much appreciated by everyone. In the next episode, Rey would have to play on Rau's wits to the previous chairman to up the ante if he is going to fall into that stereotype and be the ultimate bad guy. Im going to d/l it when the translation comes out or if i have bandwidth i might d/l it.

Phase 48 Discussion

Doesn't Akatsuki just have a detachable flier, like the one justice has? Instead of a mini dragoon system...

Phase 48 Discussion

hmmm. Maybe, the hell, they lok like dragoons. @alukard, one episode for Rey?. There have been already too many flashbacks and explanations:

Phase Edited
    Phase 20 Past
    Phase 29 Fates
    Phase 41 Refrain
    Phase 47 Meer
    +The recaps in every fucking episode (first two minutes or so)

Now Phase 49 Rey? F**K U FUCKuda, 2 whole action-packed episodes NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Let me be more explicit, Kill rey in the first 3 minutes of Phase 49, i would love it if he gets killed in the Opening [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Phase 48 Discussion

Terracosmo, in association with the anti-Fukuda organization, presents: A Terracosmic rant

Starring: Terra

Okay. I never thought that this day would come, but I actually shut down an episode of Seed. Yeah that's right, I shut it down. Terra, the legendary Seed junkie who once used to breathe, eat and ejaculate Seed (lol, that pun was unintentional) has now relinquished his title. Well, those things still hold true for the original Seed. But this isn't fucking Seed, this is an insult to all things that made the original Seed so awesome.

My venture in this episode began at the first minute. 2 minutes of constant flashbacking was what I saw. I laughed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. For the first 30 episodes I supressed my hatred towards Fukuda's newfound love for flashbacking, but this is insane. After 5 pure recap episodes we still have the same old FUCKING scenes in EVERY DAMN EPISODE.

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SHOW US 1 MINUTE OF JUNIUS 7 BOMBING IN EPISODE FUCKING 48?! THAT HAPPENED A MILLION EPISODES AGO AND WE ALREADY KNOW HOW IT ENDED AND WHAT AN IMPACT IT HAD

WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU EVEN TRYING? YOU FUCKING OVERPAID PIECE OF SHIT SCRIPT WRITERS GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, another reason to why I shut it down was that it was purely talking, and I didn't understand anything. But judging from what you guys have posted above, it doesn't exactly make me thrilled to see the sub. What? Rey is a clone? For real?

I still remember the mental pain I endured when I realized that Neo was Mwu. It had been blatantly foreshadowed since episode 1, to the point that it was "too" obvious, which is why I doubted it. To the end, I believed in the story and that it would give me a twist... and I haven't recovered from that shock yet. And now this comes. People back in episode 1 thought that Rey was a Rau clone. HOW THE HELL CAN A SHOW BE SO EASY TO PREDICT?

Again, THEY AREN'T EVEN TRYING! This is just a living cash cow, manifesting and reproducing itself in front of our eyes. I am fucking ashamed to own Destiny model kits at this point. I think to myself "why?". Why have I wasted hard earned money on two stale mechas that just stand on my shelf doing nothing? I am proud of the Duel I have, since Seed gave me so much joy. But to think I gave Fukuda & Bandai money for things they have managed to sell through this piece of shit animation they throw at us each week, well, it makes me want to go hang myself. I feel fucking fooled. It's like Fukuda looks at us, the fans, and laughs at us. He doesn't even give a shit about his own show- that's one thing the interviews have shown us. He only wants money, and he gets it. He is a disgrace to directors everywhere.

Anyway... end of rant. Next week: Yzak has dialogue! That's enough to make me a little bit happier.
    Also, I have to admit that the cute cartoon in this episode which showed Djibril being owned and carried out of an office with Gil replacing him (you know what I mean) was quite funny. But it's not like that saves it.

Everybody, let's look forward to next week, an episode filled with countless flashbacks yet again (but thankfully it doesn't seem to be a recap episode).

Again, fuck this show.

Phase 48 Discussion

y'know, the constant general assumption that simply because Phase 49 is titled "Rey", it is going to be a recap of Rey's life, etc is rather unfounded. looking at the short trailer for the episode, there doesn't seem to be much, if any, recap footage. in fact, i'd be willing to wager that the episode has the title "Rey", for the same reason that Phase 32 was titled "Stellar".

Rey is going to crack, finally emulating Rau, as he has been inching toward doing for at least ten epsidoes now. in the trailer, you can clearly see Legend fighting Strike-Freedom, as well as massive amounts of destruction within the Orb fleet... now... from this trailer, why does anyone even think it's going to be a recap? maybe you'll get exactly what you want after all, maybe these last two episodes will be some huge, epic space battle... but then again, maybe we'll get something better than that...

maybe we'll get a well-planned twist ending that is more intelligent than the standard, formulaic Gundam ending... i think that the fact that nobody's figured out how it's going to end yet shows the shining possibility that it will, in fact be a quite different ending from any previous Gundam series... and really, wouldn't that, in itself, be more impressive than another writer just following the standard Gundam formula? i think so.

Phase 48 Discussion

lmao twist ending. Good one. Either you are really optimistic or a born comedian.

But yeah, I also think that it's gonna be an episode centered around Rey, without recaps. Make that "I'm sure it will".
    We can, however, expect a lot of quick Rau shots and minor random Rey flashbacks.

Phase 48 Discussion

well, there just isn't enough of an opposed cast of pilots/factions/etc for an ending like that of SEED, but i think it still has potential... i mean, really, i'd just be happy to see Athrun punch Gil in the face... since he's been needing to do that for the vast majority of the series.

i'm getting a feeling Rey might shoot down Impulse, kill Lunamaria, then Shin'll break down, question everything, save Kira's ass in a fight with Legend (not to upset Kira supporters, just theorizing on how the story looks to be heading), then someone'll have to take down Gil and Messiah Base... who knows.

i think there's still a slim chance. we've seen good episodes in this series so far, such as... a good portion of the first 15 episodes, then beyond there... Phase 28 was great, Phase 32, Phase 39 and Phase 43 were even pretty damn good... i think that we're forgetting just how many good episodes there have been, in favor of dwelling on how many slower-paced episodes there are... there were just as many boring episodes in SEED, if not more...

i really think that we might end up being pleasently surprised in the end... hell, for all we know, Shinn'll sacrifice himself to save humanity in the end, as Ahtrun tried to do in SEED, though Cagalli wouldn't let him... i'm just going to wait it out. i've got a good gut feeling on this one.

Phase 48 Discussion

I'm still waiting for this episodes to be subbed but after seeing the trailer for next weeks episode I think I want to see that instead =P

More DOMs for the CLyne Faction?

Phase 48 Discussion

Well Gunslinger I wish I could agree with you, but as much as I love the franchise, I have a hard time finding any hope at this point.

Phase 48 Discussion

u know terra? its kind of ironic i guess but u really sound more and more like Yzak o_0 maybe its just my imagination but when I read what u said earlier i just keep seeing a pissed off Yzak in my mind.

Phase 48 Discussion

Hehe

Well, it's quite natural to like characters which you can identify yourself with.
    I've been told that talking to me is the closest you can get to a real conversation with Yzak [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Phase 48 Discussion

Originally posted by: knirfie
    Doesn't Akatsuki just have a detachable flier, like the one justice has? Instead of a mini dragoon system...
    It has both.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gund...eed-destiny/orb-01.htm

It is like Strike, multiple mission packs. The one we have seen so far is the atmospheric flight pack. The one with the DRAGOONS is the space pack. That is acctually a good idea since DRAGOONs can't be used in atmospheric combat anyways.

I thought it was interesting that there were EAF ships with the Clyne Faction as well.

As for the Izumo Class ships, it is nice to see that somebody decided to mass-produce a major ship. The EAF built the Dominion and the Girty Lue, but mostly have stuck with their obsolete stuff, while ZAFT has mostly stuck with Nazca and whatever that other type was.

Phase 48 Discussion

hmm never knew that it has dragoon...they are using it way too much now...

Phase 48 Discussion

Yeah. I was seriously considering to buy Providence & Legend and have them stand next to each other as the badass dragoon mobile suits, but then all damn suits started having it. Yet another aspect of Seed destroyed!

Phase 48 Discussion

If you do decide to get one Terra only get Providence as Legend is just a cheap ripoff. Providence had more Drgoons that are more powerful. Everytime I compare Legend launching its Dragoons to Providence I see more white streaks off Providences. Legends Dragoons only shoot one beam for every Dragoon. Providence shot a folly of beams for every one Dragoon. The only thing that Legend has going for it is those beam spikes. Providence was a freakin army in its own right. Legend just disgraces its glory.

Phase 48 Discussion

ya Legend is like a crap version of Providence lol

Phase 48 Discussion

I agree about Providence being cooler. It's just that I'm a Rey fanboy. Or at least I was until it was revealed that he was just a clone. But then again, I still like him.
    Bottomline: if I get any it will probably be the prior.

Phase 48 Discussion

hiro fansub is out http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/