Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Air Gear

Manga: Air Gear

Alright, let's see if this works out...

This is the first winner we have, so let's all start reading it...

You can download the series here:

http://www.mangatraders.com/ = Direct Downloads

Up to Chapter 30 of Volume 4 has been translated thus far, I think the manga is up to volume 11 in Japan, I may be mistaken though

There's a new poll to choose the next manga to read, so remember to visit this thread again and cast your vote:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...6201&enterthread=y

Air Gear

I'll finish the rest of volume 4 tomorrow,

is there gonna be a discussion or what?
    Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

Air Gear

and does everyone have to catch up with all the scanslated manga in order to discuss it? or can we just air our impressions as we go along on our own?

Air Gear

Well I guess I'll try to start up some kind of discussion...

So far I can't decide if I like this manga or not. I do like the bits of comedy thrown in every now and then, and i've had a couple of moments where it actually made me laugh out loud, but the whole premise of the story is just... well bad. Those first chapters were so chaotic as far as introducing the characters and everything, but maybe I was just rushing through it. Either way, definitely not the best read ever, but it is entertaining nonetheless.

Air Gear

Originally posted by: Honoko
    and does everyone have to catch up with all the scanslated manga in order to discuss it? or can we just air our impressions as we go along on our own?
    I say give your impressions as you go along on your own.... if we wait till you read all of it, we'll probably see just a couple of discussions and it will surely die until a new chapter is out... so prefferably discuss as you go on is better i think...

And I suggest that everyone, at least until everyone is caught up, puts up spoiler warnings of what chapter you are on before revealing something... since I know many are up to date, but I also know many are simply starting now

Originally posted by: relevasius
    Well I guess I'll try to start up some kind of discussion...

So far I can't decide if I like this manga or not. I do like the bits of comedy thrown in every now and then, and i've had a couple of moments where it actually made me laugh out loud, but the whole premise of the story is just... well bad. Those first chapters were so chaotic as far as introducing the characters and everything, but maybe I was just rushing through it. Either way, definitely not the best read ever, but it is entertaining nonetheless.

The manga is ok... some fan service for those who like it, and some action.... But I think the action portion is gonna get better from now on, since as of now all we've seen are stupid games... The fights in the first volume were much better than the later ones...

Air Gear

Artworks OK kept simple and clean

Up till now ive only been able to read the first 3 chapters (Had to read the first chapter twice to get a grip on whos who amongst the chaos like relevasius said earlier) due to other things takin up my time but i think im gonna like this one.

Anyone else like the idea of being the tortured servent of a bunch of sadistic skater chicks. Tie me up and gimme a roasting anytime [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

Air Gear

Hehehe yeah...

But it seems like we've only seen the older sister once in the first chapters, then she is forgotten... anyone know where the heck she is?

Air Gear

well, in the beginning he said that Rika started working, so I guess she just got a job...

Air Gear

Ah that's true... I just confused her with the other sister (the one that always kicks his ass when he comes home)

Air Gear

well, my question's not relevant anymore.... i read all 4 volumes last nite >_<

general thoughts: pretty shounen, and i'm a sucker for "typical" artwork. the storyline is pretty typical but the "battles" are somewhat original enough to hold my interest. makes me wanna go rollerblading and do all those cool tricks on buildings in my neighborhood hah [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Air Gear

I wonder if theres gonna be a skateboard equivalent of Air Tricks

was The Next Hokage

Air Gear

Damn, this manga as really caught my attention, it's great.

Nice and original, I like the humour content also, fan service, man what else could you ask for?

Air Gear

Originally posted by: kAi
    Damn, this manga as really caught my attention, it's great.

Nice and original, I like the humour content also, fan service, man what else could you ask for?
    I agree. Great action and humor always make manga. Theres just something about it that makes it worth coming back for more. *cough**cough*fanservice*cough**cough*

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Air Gear

I really like the manga,,
    it's amusing - mostly because of the sheer idioticy that comes back every chapter now and then
    and the fights are kinda nice

I only got a bit annoyed in the first few chapters,,
    I had to read it a few times to get the names and facts right - twas a bit chaotic in my opinion

it's contagious, I feel like fetching my old skates again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Air Gear

Originally posted by: Shinda
    it's contagious, I feel like fetching my old skates again [img][/img]
    I aint been on skates since i was 12 and i wasnt very good then and that was before frequent alcohol binges destroyed my coordination.

was The Next Hokage

Air Gear

Ringo is the hottest character in manga I've ever seen. How can you go wrong when she's dressed as a school girl half the time, and a punked out skater queen (very often in hotpants) the rest of the time? Simca's her only real challenger, but I'm still gonna stay with Ringo.

And the part where Ikki is trying to find a place to take a shit is hilarious. 'He's already scoping out the arena, he must be really talented... [authors note: just trying to find a place to take a shit]'

Air Gear

Originally posted by: Ryllharu
    Ringo is the hottest character in manga I've ever seen. How can you go wrong when she's dressed as a school girl half the time, and a punked out skater queen (very often in hotpants) the rest of the time? Simca's her only real challenger, but I'm still gonna stay with Ringo.
    How can you say that! Simca is defenitly the hotest! Anyone who can give a "reward" like that.......

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Air Gear

Originally posted by: Ryllharu

And the part where Ikki is trying to find a place to take a shit is hilarious. 'He's already scoping out the arena, he must be really talented... [authors note: just trying to find a place to take a shit]'
    Lol, that part was hilarious.. so random... everyone is intense about the fight, Ringo looks left, and there's Ikki taking a shit with all of his clothes off

Air Gear

Cool manga, a great choice. The only thing i feel it lacks are some characters, i mean there are Ikki but that's about it for now. There are no interesting side kicks or anything.

The art is very good though and it is very original, it feels like it will pick up the pace soon so i'm looking forward to more.

Air Gear

Thanks for teh recomendation Bud. I really got in to this series fast. It's nice to see somehitng with an orginal flair such as this once and while.