Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GW Reading the Same Manga Part 4

GW Reading the Same Manga

I'll join in.

I voted for Air Gear.

I'm always up for great manga.
    Air Gear

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Humm, it seems like most of you want Air Gear, I'm leaning there myself...

Right now I'm debating over Tokko, Air Gear, 666 Satan, Jiraishin, or Priest... But I'll think i'll end up voting for Air Gear...

As for Vagabond, I'll keep it in mind for next round... I read it myself (got to catch up though), and it's very good...

I'm going with Air Gear

I was doubting between Air gear and 666 satan, but I have heard many negative reviews about 666 satan
    so I went with AG, seems a more nicer manga anyway
    Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

I voted for Air Gear b/c of what you guys said. Read the description, sounds enjoyable.

Also, because 666 Satan really sucks.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I think it's pretty obvious that we want to read Air Gear, so I'm just gonna take the liberty of choosing Air Gear as our first winner... I'm gonna modify the poll, so we can start voting again for the second manga we'll read, though this second poll should last a bit longer than a day of voting, depending on how fast we as a community read Air Gear

Edit: Let me know if the people that already voted in the first poll have problems voting in this second poll

Damn, I completely missed round 1 of voting, but I'm the first for round 2, hurray. I was stuck between Dangu and Priest, but I ended up going for priest. Some of the artwork on the covers is just amazing, and it seems like the mangaka can produce a solid story. Just looking at the preview pages I got a hellsing/gungrave type feel, both which I enjoyed so, yeah, that get's my vote. But for now I read Air Gear.

Bud - Haha, I should have mentioned how Freesia get's pretty wacky too. All those blurred out scenes (if you've read you know what i'm talking about) are just... well for me, they were hilarious, but some people might get offended by that stuff .

I voted Togari since i have read most of the other mangas.....

When do we start reading the manga that won the first poll? When the second round is over? Or now?

nest:

Thats why Vagabond is my fav samura manga with Lone Wolf and Cub cuase its very realistic fights and story. No super powers ala Kenshin etc.

Start reading now... thread is already created [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think I'm gonna vote for either Priest or Tokko, haven't decided yet...

Wouldnt be easier if we focused one manga then we are finished with it we read the next manga.

Just like a book club.

Now people will talk about two mangas at once and the thread will be alittle wild. Someone talking about Air Gear and the next talking about another manga.

we are not discussing the mangas in this thread...

Air Gear will be discussed here:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/mess...6234&amp;enterthread=y

Ahaa okay.

if we're voting for manga #2, i'd say it's a toss up between jiraishin and chaosic rune.....

btw, there seems to be some interest in the weird, psychological disturbing manga. i particularly didn't enjoy this one (b/c of its disturbing gory detail) but you guys may find interest: Homunculus. The storyline is REALLY interesting and the mindfucking that goes on in there is crazy =P

lol, yeah i've heard about that and it's on my to read list...

And yeah it seems that most of the ones recommended are "disturbing" types of manga... I really thought there would be more of you that and enjoyed shounen types, hence why I recommended 666 Satan, but it seems that it is not of the interest of this forum...

GW Reading the Same Manga Part 2

Well what is there to really "discuss" about shounen manga, not that I don't read it myself, but there's rarely anything really thought provoking. It just turns into the drivel you see in the naruto posts. I'd rather talk about something that has content and is open to interpretation, deeper than the weeks new ultimate move. And Homonculus, yikes...well it's fine till the endish of vol 5 and beginning of vol 6, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Other than that it's a great story.

preist seems good gets my vote for round 2 .

I like the whole Idea of a "Ramen Western"

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

I decided to vote for Jiraishin... I'm in the mood for some cop action...

Bud i like shonen alot but i dont know of many other than OP,Naruto,HXH,FMA. I tried 666 Satan but didnt like it,if you know of any good shonen recomened it so we can know about it.

Right now im into trying diffrent genres mode so im more into sick,diffrent,comdey,ecchi etc.

Im gonna definetly vote for Humancolous or Eden in round 3.

I'm actually gonna change my vote to Priest... read the first 2 volumes of Jiraishin, even though I liked it, it had an episodic type of manga feel to it, and it's not the type of manga I want to read right now...

Ooo i love espisodic mangas thanks to Lone Wolf and Cub.

Hehe Priest is one of few mangas i collect so i dont have to read it to discouss it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I just read vol 6,7.

But i can assure you guys if you like demons,bibicle quotes,cool hero etc you will love it. Its as good as i wish Hellsing should be.