Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: FF7 Advent Children Discussion *Spoilers*

Yes, you definately need to play the game to understand the entire plot and storyline. And even so, you might miss several key events while playing the game, such as the existance of Zack, which is mentioned only in some parts of the game which are optional. And don't forget about optional main characters Vincent and Yuffie.

Also remember that Advent Children takes place after the events in the game, while Last Order is a prequel.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    darkmetal, I can't believe nobody here has properly answered your question yet! While it's possible to mix and match in any order I'd strongly recommend the following:

Playing the FF7 game first is not an option. Like was said, you won't understand jack shit if you never played the game or have a very good idea what went on in it.

1. Obviously play FF7 first! (duh)

2. Watch Last Order. Why? Well it is basically a cool anime version of an optional flashback sequence that describes the events after the Nibelheim Incident but before the start of FF7 the game, featuring Zack and Cloud and how they got to Midgar.

3. Watch Advent Children. Advent Children takes place TWO years after the events of FF7 and while it's not needed to know what happened in Last Order to watch Advent Children it'd be best you know what happened with Zack and Cloud beforehand. If you can't remember who Zack is or the extent of his relationship with Cloud some references in Advent children won't be appreciated.

4. Play Dirge of Cerberus. This is set THREE years after FF7.

The order they were released in isn't a mistake guys, each obviously builds off the other
    The game -> Last Order -> Advent Children -> Dirge
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 05-16-2006 at 05:33 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I saw that SquareEnix announced FFVII - Before Crisis for this side of the pond. I can't wait to know what cellphone will have this game and... emulate it. I seriously doubt that cellphone will be selled at Mexico "that soon". So... emulation time.

darkmetal: "Before Crisis" takes place before "Crisis Core", the future PSP game, and (both) before "Last Order". But at the present time only Before Crisis is available... if you know japanese that is...

Before Crisis features all The Turks as main characters.
    Crisis Core is supposed to feature Zack (and Sephiroth?) as main character(s?).

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    I just bought the DVD a while back, and found that the american voices were quite well done, including Sephiroth. As much as I liked the original Japanese voices, it would seem more appropriate to listen to them speak in English as I played the US version of FFVII.
    I agree. I've now watched it in both English and Japanese and I gotta say both have their strong points. Like you mentioned, I liked the American Sephiroth, he's just got attitude and it fits so well. Also, any dub with Crispin Freeman or Steven Blum in it is worth watching.

Also, from someone who's never played the game (But has decent knowledge of it - most of my friends have played it and tried to explain the major details), I really liked Advent Children. Awesome animation and really fun to watch. But of course, This couldn't be more true.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Why, why, XanBcoo? Why must you post hateful images of the beloved Advent Children? Did it not satisfy you? Was Sephiroth not beautiful enough for you? WERE THERE NOT ENOUGH HAWT, SWORD-CROSSING SCENES, ALREADY???

...Well, in a sense, I admit that the movie was definitely lacking in the story and development section, yet, now that I've seen this, I've gradually come to terms with it as being canon to the FFVII legacy.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar
    The english voices were great. There was a few that I was worried though.

I was worried for Aerith VA since she sucked in KH2 having no emotion whatsoever. But she did quite well here.

Cid was another one I was worried about. He had a really heavy southern accent sounding like 50. But he toned it down in the movie.

Steven Blum was a good Vincent. Though I say he would have been better if he sounded more like Spike than Zabuza.

And the weirdest one was by far Cait Sith. A cartoony voice would have been enough. I don't think the irish accent was needed.

The only thing that I will really complain is that they gave my favorite character just one line in the whole movie! What's up with that!

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Hows Rufus sound in the dubbed version? Rufus is kickass bet they found some way to screw him up and what about Reno and Rude

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostKaGe
    Hows Rufus sound in the dubbed version? Rufus is kickass bet they found some way to screw him up and what about Reno and Rude
    Rufus was pretty forgettable in the dub. Not really a unique voice and he delivered his lines pretty blandly. Reno and Rude, however were great. Voiced by Quinton Flynn (Raiden in MGS2) and Crispin Freeman, respectively. They did an awesome job and worked well off eachother. I think they made the scene with the explosives on the bridge even funnier than in Japanese.

Rude (Baritone voice): "If nothing else, it's...flashy"
    Reno: "oooh good~"
    Steven Blum was a good Vincent. Though I say he would have been better if he sounded more like Spike than Zabuza.
    That's what I originally thought, but when I heard Vincent growling out his lines I got chills. Good chills. I think he made the right decision in which voice to use.
    Edit: Youtube comes in handy once again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRiQKHzFzo
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Thu, 05-18-2006 at 02:41 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs