Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What crewmen does Luffy need?

What crewmen does Luffy need?

Quote from another thread started me thinking about this.

luffy and myself alike are still waiting for a musician to join the crew
    And more practically, they need a shipwright/ship engineer type person.

I remember in like the first episode, Luffy originally said he wanted a 10 person crew. He's got 7 now. He really needs a shipwright, and he really wants a musician. I wonder what he'd get for a 10th...

/goes to look up the various crew positions in Skies of Arcadia

Sailor
    Helmsman
    Cook
    Delegate
    Jester
    Gunner
    Merchant
    Lookout
    Builder
    Engineer

Well, he already have at the least a Cook and a Gunner. They pretty much all qualify as both Sailors and Jesters. They don't really need a Delegate or Merchant. So really, there's engineer which I mentioned. I suppose they could use a lookout or a helmsman. Especially a helmsman. I mean they all CAN run the helm, but they don't have like a super ship pilot in the way Nami is a super navigator or Usopp is a super Gunner.

So thats my choice for the last 3 spots. Musician, Engineer, Helmsman.

haha, glad to know that i inspired a new topic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    Nami does a pretty good job as a helmsman. I mean just watch how she mastered that wave runner thing. I really want an engineer, cause i'm sick of seeing the going merry get beat up all the time.

I say get a musician, engineer, and lookout. Someone who can anticipate what is up ahead for the crew could be pretty useful, since most of the time they pretty much just leave themselves to fate.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

I don't think we need a lookout. Usopp is good enough for the job since he actually does it all the time. And he has a sharp eye being the gunner and all so I don't think they'll need someone who specializes in looking.

A shipwright is a downright necessity.

Is a helmsman a stern handler? If it is then that would be good. Seeing as when there are storms or strong current it seems that they need more than one person cause its so hard to move it. Someone who specializes in that area would be a good addition.

Luffy HAS to get a musician. Nuff said.

I also don't want just fighters joining luffy's crew. Like I said before. I always liked the combo of his crew. They all have an important job but at the same time they are freakishly strong fighters.

So including the captain, that makes the last 3 members with jobs that might join luffy's crew to complete the 10 members he originally wanted.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

A cyborg.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

A lot of people including myself have been talking about this in another thread. So its a good job that you made this separate thread.

One thing I need to know as I am an anime watcher only, I dont read manga so should I be expecting any spoiler in this thread. You should put some kind of alert on this thread.

Now getting back to the topic.

Like Deblas said A Musician is absolutely on top of the list for Luffy. Entertainment and Adventure what Luffy is all about.

Also do we need a male or female crew member? If another female member joins the gang then Sanji will have a hard time juggling them.

It will be hard for the new person to adjust and be comfortable in the crew. Whoever Luffy decides to pick will be a great character. Maybe he will pick someone during Skypiea arc.

I also don't want just fighters joining luffy's crew. Like I said before. I always liked the combo of his crew. They all have an important job but at the same time they are freakishly strong fighters.
    I think it goes without saying that whatever other jobs they have, any new crew will ALSO kick ass in a fight.

In fact, I think Zoro is the only one who doesn't serve a purpose besides combatant.

Is a helmsman a stern handler?
    Yes

where does it say luffy originally wanted 10 members

It was either in the first episode, or during the Shanks flashback when he's a kid. I forget which.

Does anyone know for sure when Luffy said he wanted 10 members? All I know he wanted some people to make his pirate crew but where does he specify the crew being consisted of 10 people. Is it in the manga or anime? If so, where exactly?

Originally posted by: Mut@chi
    A cyborg.
    Add a zombie to the list. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Zombies are always cool.

I think Luffy probably should get another person that can FLY!!! Probably a flier would be the lookout scout.

Maybe Luffy should get a MerMan as well. A strong Merman, that can comb the sea's.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

I see, the "No Spoilors alert" has been put up.

But are there any spoilers about anyone joining Luffy soon?

A singer

Originally posted by: Jadugar
    Does anyone know for sure when Luffy said he wanted 10 members? All I know he wanted some people to make his pirate crew but where does he specify the crew being consisted of 10 people. Is it in the manga or anime? If so, where exactly?
    I can't pinpoint the episode either, but I clearly remember that it was said. But I doubt it has any real siginificance. It's not like Luffy plans ahead or anything. I'm guessing it was just a random number tossed out by him.

no, but it has been hinted at like 2 or 3 times about there being a need for a doctor way before chopper joined
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Do you think we will see any candidate for the new member in Skypiea?

Probably a flyer! Since they all got them wings! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Wouldnt it be hard for him to leave Skypiea and go down to all blue.

when i try to think about a candidate,, i start thinking about how they gotta have like "their dream"

like zoro a swrdsman want to be the greatest one, chopper a doc, wants to cure all disease

soo luffy said he wanted a musician, i think this is closest one, like the guy's dream could be something like he wants his music to be heard everywhere

for a shipwright,, his dream could be to see the greatest of ships

if its like a lookout, wtf is his dream and purpose in life gonna be O_o

and skypiea arc just came out on sub right? where normal theres like almost 300 episodes, not putting hopes down but there should atleast be some pics floating around online about any new one piece chars

a new char would be great, but i'd rather see another loveable char like vivi who stayed on for a long time

the lookout's dream would be to see the world, duh
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Originally posted by: MrTicTac
    for a shipwright,, his dream could be to see the greatest of ships
    I think a shipwrites dream would be to build the greatest ship

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.