Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official GotWoot Photoshop Tutorial Thread

Thanks for the comments

A lot of people are asking me for renders, so I'm thinking about compiling some of my favorites that I've made and hosting it for people to download.

master_me + dA = <3

Those tuts are awesome. I was halfway through a Kenshin one with your style, but my Vista Home Premium arrived and I just had to install it. =P Will finish her up as soon as possible. Your last tut was the best.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

I honestly can't wait to see someone who can actually use photoshop try this XD

Almost everyone who tried this said they strayed off around the part where you had to place the C4Ds.

...which is like, the entire point of the tut.

master_me + dA = <3

Alright, heres my attempt with your Tut MM.

I was watching that 70s Show while making it so i'm pretty sure I missed a step, but i like it.
    Colored version. With a bit of touch up on the render.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Sat, 03-03-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Oh god. Thank you so much. You wouldn't believe some of the horrible outcomes people were having.

master_me + dA = <3

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Those eyes look horrible, I'm sorry but it needs to be said.

As well I would try this tut... if I had the basic brushes you are useing.. It's very werid the the verison of PS I have doesn't have those...
    image fail!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by master_me
    I honestly can't wait to see someone who can actually use photoshop try this XD

Almost everyone who tried this said they strayed off around the part where you had to place the C4Ds.

...which is like, the entire point of the tut.
    I can see how that would happen. I'm not even really clear on what a c4d render is, or where I can find them. Could the same effect be done with just brushes? Besides those perplexing questions though, I really like the tutorial. If I sort out this c4d stuff, I'd really like to see what I can do using this tut.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    I can see how that would happen. I'm not even really clear on what a c4d render is, or where I can find them. Could the same effect be done with just brushes? Besides those perplexing questions though, I really like the tutorial. If I sort out this c4d stuff, I'd really like to see what I can do using this tut.
    c4d renders are shapes and other objects made in CINEMA 4D, he uses them to add texture to the backgrounds/renders/etc

Kitkat I'll DCC you some renders on IRC if you want to try, It seems our Gallery is down so I can't upload them there.
    image fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    Those eyes look horrible, I'm sorry but it needs to be said.

As well I would try this tut... if I had the basic brushes you are useing.. It's very werid the the verison of PS I have doesn't have those...
    Yes, i realize how horrible the eyes were. I wish I could find a better render/ or a Code Geass render. I "dieing" for decent Kallen/CC/Lelouch renders and cant find a single one myself, and I sorta suck at making renders unless its kinda really high res image.

I probably spent double the time on that Saber sig because of the eyes and smoothing out the edges, andz getting rid of colors that wasn't supposed to be there.

Someone find me kool Code Geass renderZ. I want to try that Tut you made again. C4D's are kool to me, but I don't really use em because of the fact that I can do pretty much the same effects without the use of em. But if you do hunt em down, it does make it alot easier and faster.

There are some very kool C4D's out there though. However other than Master_me's style sig, I only used one in one other image.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6...front03fj0.png
    Last edited by Lucifus; Thu, 03-08-2007 at 05:19 PM.

I, personally, am I total C4D junkie.

@KitKat - Sadly, brushes can't pull off anything too similar. C4Ds are really their own thing.
    @DF - Are you using PS CS2? Just go to load a brush set, and click "reset" instead of one of the packs.

master_me + dA = <3

So i made a tut on how to make a makeshift cookie in PS...

Page 1
    Page 2

its pretty simple and i should have added a drop shadow into it but it works i suppose.

I'm official.

My first ever tutorial. I think I did a pretty decent job. =D Well, here you go GotWoot.

Heres another result.
    Spoiler pic removed.

Edit: Sweet....thats just peachy AssertN...could have just pm'd me or something.......
    Last edited by Lucifus; Wed, 04-02-2008 at 02:05 AM.

Great. You've done it, Lucifus. You've made a tutorial that I can't wait to try tomorrow morning. Very original and unique style, by the way.

master_me + dA = <3

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Totally sweet tutorial. I adore your sigs, Luc, and your tutorial is very clearly laid out, easy to follow, and professional looking. It may even inspire me to put down my knitting, dust off photoshop, and make some more sigs myself!

Hehe, Lucifus blushs. Thank youZ. =] I now have 3 styles under my belt I can call successful. Gotta make some more that are decent and make some tutorials. Making that was fun and it only take me 2 hours. Course I should have double checked my grammer and spelling....>.>

Looking forward to seeing your attempt MM.

I love it.

master_me + dA = <3

Wow, that is totally sweet. Excellent MM. Glad to see the first try is so impressive.
    Beautiful coloring.

I'd set it as my sig if I didn't love my TR advertisement so much "D

master_me + dA = <3

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Beautiful outcome, master_me.

I finally opened my photoshop again and realized just how rusty I'd become since I haven't made a sig in aaaaaages. Here's my result from this tut. I feel a bit meh about this sig, but it's pretty cute. I skipped a couple steps in the tutorial, but mostly followed everything else. I also selectively erased those dots in certain places to make the sig a bit more streamlined.

Only problem I see is the render being shiny and the background not so much. Love how smooth everything else seems to blend together though. Nice work considering you just reopened Photoshop.

(KitKatZ made a sig from my tutorial!!!! ftfw! )