Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Phase 45 Discussion

Phase 45 Discussion

[quote]
    Originally posted by: heero
    [quote]
    Originally posted by: aznroyale
    Originally posted by: Darknodin
    LOL tat would be funny. But notice how the story turned out. He was "killed" by a blast and now he drives Akatsuki which makes him invulnerable against beams hmmm...
    Hmmm, that's true, isn't life ironic....maybe this time he'll be the one killing with beams [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phase 45 Discussion

So far has not been revealed what Meyrin knows as to what she stumbled upon when she tripped over Dullindal's internet wire and tapped into his system, at least she does not say anything but Athrun & company would take what she knows and then ditch her somewhere saying you're free to go back to Minerva or somewhere knowing that you won't be trialed as a traitor. Even on AA she still wears her uniform as Zaft's despite all the bloodstains on that and Cagalli would at least be able to share some of her dresses she hates to wear so we can see more of Meyrin under that cover. She did helped Athrun escaped so she is a suspect. Athrun is considered a spy also since his actions on Minerva were half-hearted and his connection to Kira, Cagalli, and Orb, Dullindal's next priority of execution along with the Destiny Plan, is undeniable.

Ray Za Barrel's skills with Legend is due to his probable a "new-type" coordinator status. We know nothing about Ray's past but he could handle D.R.A.G.O.O.Ns pretty well and more so than even Kira commanding the funnel beams on Earth's atmosphere where Kira could not and in his past he has shown reaction to the lab earlier when he had a flashback with Dullindal and Raww and he looks alot like Raww and Neo.

Phase 45 Discussion

I Like this Ep Shin and Luna had a nice moment and lots and lots of fighting andthen in the end to top it all off the anoying bastard got drilled to death lol what a way to go

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Phase 45 Discussion

Is anyone else sick of seeing an episode where ZAFT is fighting Djibril's EAF, trying to prevent the slaughter of millions of innocent Plant civilians AND then, at the very end, we get to listen to Kira, Lacus and Athrun talk about how they (ArchAngel) are the good guys and have to struggle against the evil Dullindal? Doesn't it seem annoying that such a stark contrast of good and evil has been painted in Destiny, when in war there is no such obvious divide?

Destiny has been all about fighting wars, stopping wars, ending wars, stopping the evil villain's plan. But they have totally failed to address the biggest and most important issue: how to maintain peace, how to prevent wars from starting. this has been ignored totally by both Seed and Destiny, and to a large extent, by Gundam shows in general. Think of the different settings, UC- starts in the middle of the One Year War, no chance to explore preventative measures, Wing- starts at the beginning of the rebellion against the Earth Sphere Alliance, Seed - starts with Junius 7 already nuked and ZAFT and Earth at war.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Phase 45 Discussion

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Is anyone else sick of seeing an episode where ZAFT is fighting Djibril's EAF, trying to prevent the slaughter of millions of innocent Plant civilians AND then, at the very end, we get to listen to Kira, Lacus and Athrun talk about how they (ArchAngel) are the good guys and have to struggle against the evil Dullindal? Doesn't it seem annoying that such a stark contrast of good and evil has been painted in Destiny, when in war there is no such obvious divide?

Destiny has been all about fighting wars, stopping wars, ending wars, stopping the evil villain's plan. But they have totally failed to address the biggest and most important issue: how to maintain peace, how to prevent wars from starting. this has been ignored totally by both Seed and Destiny, and to a large extent, by Gundam shows in general. Think of the different settings, UC- starts in the middle of the One Year War, no chance to explore preventative measures, Wing- starts at the beginning of the rebellion against the Earth Sphere Alliance, Seed - starts with Junius 7 already nuked and ZAFT and Earth at war.

I agree. They keep making AA seem like the good guys when in fact they did nothing much different from the other people. The only true evil I see is Djibril.

Phase 45 Discussion

eeh the episode was alright was cool to see more action of yzak en dearka, and i love the way djibril died 2 fucking cool the made it so special so people be like:' fuck yes' wondering what's gonna happen in the next episode is saw everyone shooting sooo maybe lacus is gonna die by a bullet would be funny and then kira is gonna flip and kills everybody [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Phase 45 Discussion

Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
    Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz
    Why would the chairman say thank you djibril and good bye >.< !!!!!!!!!!!
    tHIS FreakiNG GSD still got SO MUCH mystery to be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably that is why they killed djibril in this episode, because the mystery is just between chairman and AA, djibril have nothing to do with it , he is just a random guy that shool some big laser around, so they wanna get rid of EA to be more focused on Chairman and the AA, what do you think will happen with meyrin,
    EDITed : Why would they want to get rid djibril so earyly that is the biggest question, the ending of the GS was sucks though in the last episode they killed 5 guys i think , including the druggies, GSD is a bit better coz they killed the bad guy not at the same time, they killed them one by one. not FORCIBLY make them DISAPPEAR in the last 2 episode

I DONT LIKE THE CHAIRMAN HE SEEMED OVER CONFIDENT HE MUST GOT SOMETHING REALLY BIG UP IN HIS SLEEVE, but WHAT!!!!!!!!! WHOLL BE THE FINAL ENeMY?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! its the last 5 episodes and shin is still
    "being a bad guy"

He thanked Djibril because Djibril's actions actually helped the Chairman out, like getting rid of two birds with one stone. First, the confidence in Zaft by civilians was re-established (that's y he wanted the ppl to c the battle). He was able to take out his enemy at the same time. Plus, Djibirl only made it more blatant that there is a need to end all wars (good way to set up the Destiny plan).
    Personally I belive that Dullindal was a member of Logos. He used them and then betrayed them. There is no proof at this point, but it really did seem to me that Djibril felt like Dullindal had betrayed him, not that Djibril just hated Dullindal.

Phase 45 Discussion

Originally posted by: Curium
    Originally posted by: Millenium-Boyz
    Why would the chairman say thank you djibril and good bye >.< !!!!!!!!!!!
    tHIS FreakiNG GSD still got SO MUCH mystery to be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! probably that is why they killed djibril in this episode, because the mystery is just between chairman and AA, djibril have nothing to do with it , he is just a random guy that shool some big laser around, so they wanna get rid of EA to be more focused on Chairman and the AA, what do you think will happen with meyrin,
    EDITed : Why would they want to get rid djibril so earyly that is the biggest question, the ending of the GS was sucks though in the last episode they killed 5 guys i think , including the druggies, GSD is a bit better coz they killed the bad guy not at the same time, they killed them one by one. not FORCIBLY make them DISAPPEAR in the last 2 episode

I DONT LIKE THE CHAIRMAN HE SEEMED OVER CONFIDENT HE MUST GOT SOMETHING REALLY BIG UP IN HIS SLEEVE, but WHAT!!!!!!!!! WHOLL BE THE FINAL ENeMY?? !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! its the last 5 episodes and shin is still
    "being a bad guy"

He thanked Djibril because Djibril's actions actually helped the Chairman out, like getting rid of two birds with one stone. First, the confidence in Zaft by civilians was re-established (that's y he wanted the ppl to c the battle). He was able to take out his enemy at the same time. Plus, Djibirl only made it more blatant that there is a need to end all wars (good way to set up the Destiny plan).
    Personally I belive that Dullindal was a member of Logos. He used them and then betrayed them. There is no proof at this point, but it really did seem to me that Djibril felt like Dullindal had betrayed him, not that Djibril just hated Dullindal.

Curium, I think you hit the nail on the coffin, I too have suspected the same. They better tell us all about the Chairman with the few episodes left or i'll be real upset.

Phase 45 Discussion

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Yeah same here. Maybe it's a sensitive issue in Japan where all this is produced, but it seems like a lot of anime has to have some pacificism philosophy injected in it... which I find odd in a Gundam anime since most of us are watching to see cool Gundams blow shit up... not some halfhearted pacificism promotion.

Phase 45 Discussion

Thanks for the support Vegita, Heero. Maybe if we keep clamoring people won't expect the fans to choke on so much half-explained, Deus-Ex-Machina Bullshit and convienent plot elements.

To Curium: I believe you're absolutley right. Dullindal had to be either a part of Logos or at least strongly connected with them. He built up ZAFT's forces quickly after their big defeat at Yakin Due, and almost certainly had to use Logos' weapons making connects. He was almost definetley not in Blue Cosmos (they'd have to be retards to let in a Coordinator), but his ability to identify so many memebers of Logos shows that he was probably in the group at sometime.

I do hope we'll see the Dullindal-Djibril connection explained soon. In previous episodes we've seen Dullindal looking at the blueprints for the Destroy, before it was first used. We've heard Djibril say, "That Dullindal, what does he think he's doing?!" like they were supposed to be working together, but then Dullindal double-crossed him. And the way the two referred to one another really makes me convinced they know each other from somewhere.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Phase 45 Discussion

Yeah same here. Maybe it's a sensitive issue in Japan where all this is produced, but it seems like a lot of anime has to have some pacificism philosophy injected in it... which I find odd in a Gundam anime since most of us are watching to see cool Gundams blow shit up... not some halfhearted pacificism promotion.
    ---

War is usually clear and promoting pacifists or half-hearted pacifists is rather a personal choice and philosophy rather than a rule. Maybe he likes to separate from all the other anime that spoils the viewer again and again with the same content and likes to step abit from usual scene. Even a half-hearted pacifist can still see no reason for war such as Bush & Americans in general and recent war against Saddam's regiem and a pacifist see clear distinction for war such as ...i dont know...pacifist dont wage wars period. They get bullied is what they get. Even a half-heart pacifist like Churchill learned that path of Chamberlain was a slow path to peace and war against Hitler is clear as black & white from the beginning.

It's cause Fukuda wants to please the American, European, & Middle East audience as well as the Japanese audience. He can't please everyone. If it's true that Japan has a pacificist view then they do not like war period nor reason for having war in the first place. They like the picture often painted vague and forget all of their past and live the present. If war is painted black & white instead of color it is dull & void of the characteristics of the medium they're used to everyday. The good guys are good...good...bad guys are baad...boring. They dont like half-hearted pacifism either; Just peace, love and happiness. It's different in the west. And there are clear boundaries for war...most of the time; except for wars where Indians conquer their neighbors because of a long time feud, the cold war between nations that build atomic bombs, and rivalry between your neighbors over where the fence should be on your front lawn, war is often very straightforward.

Indian-America War & resettlement of Indian Americans.
    Civil War of America, uniting America (somewhat vague) & overcoming slavery.
    World war II, Japan invasion of China & Korea & German Holocaust?
    Religious Intolerance. Is that considered a type of war?
    Crusades. Most knows it as a war of Christianity vs Muslims but what about the persecution of Jews as many historians like to conveniently leave out?

All wars are preventable and foresee-able but the reason for war is often in fact obvious except for a few other reasons. We would often hush each other when explaining war by being vague & let the past beforgotten and explain that there've been enough bloodshed, but if we forget our history we're doom to repeat it. The obvious part is the war crimes. However, war is never a popular affair and often not something that people think about beyond the events that happened even long afterwards. Have any president/king explain to you that they're going to war because someone lost their mom or dad? No one would care really but if you say you're going to war because of wealth, your nation is under attack, some other propaganda then you'd get more audience. It's always been that way. War is not something that you explain to a young person when he enlist because all he's thinking about is his country, pride, fame, discovering his future and last and least is the money although most people don't care because no money is worth your life but your life isn't worth anything if you don't have a meaning for it. When all is over, war is just part of living but there are always a reason for having a war and the good guys can sometimes beseen vs the bad guys.

Phase 45 Discussion

make peace not war-- a universal ideal among the human race but failing ultimately by the contradictory fact due to man's obsession with war.

anyways, this episode just seemed to bore the hell out of me. i try to keep an open mind everytime i watch gsd but its just been gundams blowing shit up. all style, no substance. didnt feel a thing for shinn and lunamaria because well, i havent cared for them. the only thing intriguing was probably the fact that djibril had some other thing planned and that there. and also about the rise of supreme chancellor dullindal now.

Phase 45 Discussion

Alukard, I think you may be on to something. Unfortunatley, your post is very hard to decipher because your grammar is so poor and your thoughts totally jump from one thing to the next. If I were a teacher you'd get a D.

"make peace, not war" they say! But how does one make peace except by offering positive incentives to stymie war (and who has such resources to satisfy the cravings of so many different peoples and nations?) or by threatening extremly negative repercussions for starting a war (the latter is what has fueled defense contractors and other weapons makers forever)

The truth is that there will always be war, so get used to it. The most important thing is to fight for justifiable causes and conduct yourself honorably in battle. If people stopped using war simply to attain their selfish desires we'd be in a much better world. But people are selfish. Might makes right. Money is king. The victor writes the history. etc etc.

Phase 45 Discussion

Alukard, I think you may be on to something. Unfortunatley, your post is very hard to decipher because your grammar is so poor and your thoughts totally jump from one thing to the next. If I were a teacher you'd get a D.

"make peace, not war" they say! But how does one make peace except by offering positive incentives to stymie war (and who has such resources to satisfy the cravings of so many different peoples and nations?) or by threatening extremly negative repercussions for starting a war (the latter is what has fueled defense contractors and other weapons makers forever)

The truth is that there will always be war, so get used to it. The most important thing is to fight for justifiable causes and conduct yourself honorably in battle. If people stopped using war simply to attain their selfish desires we'd be in a much better world. But people are selfish. Might makes right. Money is king. The victor writes the history. etc etc.

--------

I agree [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

War is war. Pacifists think there are no reasons for war, and thus see no distinction between good and evil. There are times when wars are unnecessary and there are times when you have been stung in the back enough and need to react. It's why i like GSD.

Phase 45 Discussion

There will always be war, and man will destroy himself. This is our fate if we carry on like this. Our trends of increasing in arms, making more nukes and other destructive weapons, our hate, our unacceptance of others, our greed, etc will just lead us to self destruction. However, this does not encompass everyone, and unfortunately the innocent ppl are the ones that suffer. I think of an old physics concept where u take a jar of mixed nuts that are all in order from smallest to largest (peanuts to almonds for eg). If you start mixing it, it will only become more mixed and disordered. The only way to create the order that was lost is from scratch....

Phase 45 Discussion

There will always be war, and man will destroy himself. This is our fate if we carry on like this. Our trends of increasing in arms, making more nukes and other destructive weapons, our hate, our unacceptance of others, our greed, etc will just lead us to self destruction. However, this does not encompass everyone, and unfortunately the innocent ppl are the ones that suffer. I think of an old physics concept where u take a jar of mixed nuts that are all in order from smallest to largest (peanuts to almonds for eg). If you start mixing it, it will only become more mixed and disordered. The only way to create the order that was lost is from scratch....
    lol that was deep but i agree

Phase 45 Discussion

time to voice my opinion about phase 45

looks like shinn and luna got together pretty well..ahh, i wanna see more yzak 's fights and how dare rey look down on lunamaria !

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Phase 45 Discussion

SEED-FanSub
    eps 45

Phase 45 Discussion

Originally posted by: aznimperialx
    lol that was deep but i agree
    Man , you're making alot of pessimistic comments. And since when are humans comparable to assortment of NUTS!!! Are you telling me that we are the same as peanuts? The point your making is way off. The thing is, humans are unpredictable, and anything can happen at any given moment. It is not as simple as "Humans are doomed because of their violent nature". Look at the real world, times of wars come and go, peace comes and goes. That is because life is unstable and unpredictable, and so are humans that have adapted to live life

Phase 45 Discussion

Hey!

I finally joined this excellent forum after just been sitting and reading it from the shadows and not taking part of the discussion. I think that Djibril death was somewhat dissapointing in that i thought that the space cruiser Girty Lue would do some more resistance or something. I think he died a little bit easy imo. Ofc Legend isnt somehing to mess around with, but i hoped for a final showdown between The Minerva and Girty Lue as they fought in the beginning of the series. Was hoping that Djibril/EaF/Logos would have some more "extended" pilots to defend the base/Girtylue. So it got to be an antiklimax in my opnion. Wonder what the Zaft will be fighting now? Well thats my 50 cents.

OT: Btw, how do i get my jpg icon to work?its 60*60 and under 100kb, but it only gives me an fail message each time i try to use it:S