Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: phase 44 discussion

phase 44 discussion

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Originally posted by: Strike Freedom
    further always blaming everyone else for what he can't protect is real IMMATURE!
    Well, if Athrun didn't show up he'd most likely have time to kill Djibril off thus preventing the deaths of a gazillion people. How the hell is that immature?
    Well only blaming Athrun and Shinn is immature.

Well the fact that Djibril isn't dead is accually Luna's fault. That had to be the most horrible display of marksmanship I have ever had to bear witness to. But really it's more than just their fault. You could put the blame on so many people for this, and the fact that the Reqium had been developed a while back is proof of that. Though we could play the blame game it is hopeless as at this moment as what has happened has already taken place and there is no changing that unless some horrible plot device came in somewhere. If it's anybody's fault then it is Dullindal's. He knew that this was going to happen. Before he acted pissed he had to take the time to look around at everyone else's expressions then he let acting do the rest. Then there is Rey who had no surprise in his face what so ever. In fact the fist thing that he does is show Luna and Shinn how it works, and on top of that nobody had been informed on the details of what had happened or how those colonies had been shot. Rey knew just by looking what the weapon was and how it had happened. Rey is just using this to his advantage so that Shinn will stay on Zaft's side and not defect to the AA by playing the blame game. There was an entire fucking army after Djibril and it is magically all Shinn and Luna's fault. Hell even Cagalli had her nation trying to find him. Then there are the Zaft space forces to get past.

But if any of you accually noticed another convient PLOT DEVICE took place when Djibril escaped. What would usually be a couple of days journey only took him about three hours. He went from the Earth (Which was probably not facing the moon.) To the dark side of the moon in only THREE HOURS or so. That is completely impossible. So all in all the blame rests with none other than Fukada!

phase 44 discussion

If Freedom/Justice and the rest didn't show up, Talia wouldn't have to give the task of shooting Djibril down to Luna solely. Luna is definitely the worst pilot of the Shinn/Rey/Luna trio, and having all three of them following the shuttle would absolutely end with it getting shot down. Anything else is unthinkable.

But yeah, as you say, it's that fucking Fukada's fault.

phase 44 discussion

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Rey knows too much about Requiem without even being informed about it. If you ask me, I believe the Chairman and Rey knew about that weapon and its intended use by Djibril.

--indeed.

this was probably one of the lamest episodes of the past few. like we weren't REALLY expecting a Genesis weapon to come, you'd figure it'd be something BESIDES A GODDAMN BEAM weapon. not only that, but due to its high inconsistancy of just blasting a portion of the beam connectors, the weapon went haywire. sure, you can fire it anyway you want, but tip something over and the weapon will miss its intended target. wonder where the idea for Requiem being a super weapon came in. probably the same people who thought up that a transforming gundam *cough impulse cough* was superior to one that was already built.

not only that, but you'd figure that ZAFT would have a monopoly on space and would've discovered if the EA would be making a weapon. doesnt take more than a satellite to discover if something's being built within the moon region. now if EA planted something like the Requiem along the asteroid belt and used that, it would've been much more interesting. in fewer words, Requiem fails at originality, and their copy of it is STILL LAME.

lacus' long boring speech didnt help much to keep interest either. the only thing interesting to come out of her mouth was the Destiny plan. some credit goes to fukuda for ripping off the utopian ideals, but it's something new in the gundam universe, as far as i've seen.

it was interesting however, to see dullindal under pressure. probably the only thing to see come out of this episode.

athrun still looks constipated. meyrin is still besides him. i have no clue where bartfeldt is. he's been absent for the past few episodes...

this episode was the calm before the storm i guess. will wait to see what happens next...

phase 44 discussion

Originally posted by: Miro69
    in fewer words, Requiem fails at originality, and their copy of it is STILL LAME.
    At least Requiem BENDS. That's something NEW.
    Unlike SF & IJ which are their former versions with a few added parts.

phase 44 discussion

As someone said earlier, Dullindal's "Destiny Plan" is a lot like "Brave New World" or "Athem." It also kind of also has a little resemblence (barely) to the Matrix. Lacus' speech seemed to doom the Clyne Faction's fate in the series because now Dullindal can use the faction as a scapegoat and label them potentially as a part of "Logos."

phase 44 discussion

All this episode did was reenforce my belief that Dullindal is a crazy fucker and should be bludgeoned to death with large objects. And like Terra said before, its nice to see that this war accually looks like a war now.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

phase 44 discussion

The Destiny plan is simlar to a lot of stuff, pretty much anything that involves people losing freedoms to reach a peaceful or utopian world. As for Dullindal's evil nature after hearing his master plan I don't think he is as evil as I thought he would be. I mean he wants to end war and between his way and AA way I think his has the best chance of success. Also as for Requiem and Djibril there is nothing to say that if Djibril had been killed or captured before reaching the moon that this weapon would have never been used, granted it seemed like leaders had been putting off using it but that doesn't mean that no one in the near future could have fired the weapon as well. I like how after last episode set up the two Lacus thing to be this big deal, the confusion over which lacus was real was pretty minimal, I mean after a few minutes of arguing, everyone they showed who didn't know which was real came to the conclusion that they didn't really care which was real.

phase 44 discussion

Is it just me or did we see a Chaos in the preview? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And yes, we finally have another big weapon! And the thing bends!!! god i want one of those.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

phase 44 discussion

Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
    Well the fact that Djibril isn't dead is accually Luna's fault. That had to be the most horrible display of marksmanship I have ever had to bear witness to.
    not as bad as on episode 40 of GS where athrun and kira were trying to get on the ship that cagalli was on and the 3 druggies were at least firing for 1 and a half minute straight aiming in the same spot every time, that was horrible to watch

anyway, this episode was pretty good, it built up the climax and it seems a big battle between 3 sides are going to occur and athrun is determined now so i'm looking forward to some woop ass from athrun

Ovan, The Rebirth

phase 44 discussion

Originally posted by: Freki
    The Destiny plan is simlar to a lot of stuff, pretty much anything that involves people losing freedoms to reach a peaceful or utopian world. As for Dullindal's evil nature after hearing his master plan I don't think he is as evil as I thought he would be. I mean he wants to end war and between his way and AA way I think his has the best chance of success. Also as for Requiem and Djibril there is nothing to say that if Djibril had been killed or captured before reaching the moon that this weapon would have never been used, granted it seemed like leaders had been putting off using it but that doesn't mean that no one in the near future could have fired the weapon as well. I like how after last episode set up the two Lacus thing to be this big deal, the confusion over which lacus was real was pretty minimal, I mean after a few minutes of arguing, everyone they showed who didn't know which was real came to the conclusion that they didn't really care which was real.
    True, but the idea of using genetic engineering to make roles for people comes straight out of brave new world.
    Also i agree with on the fact that it was too good to see nobody effected by lacus' appearance too much. I mean if you think about it, she hasnt shown her face to the people for so long or taken any resolve while all this conflict was going on, who is she to come and tell the people what to do now. It doesnt really matter what Lacus thinks to them
    @phoenix- Dullindaal's plan probably however makes more sense of solving the problem than The archangel's. I mean all the people on the archangel or like " we have to do something to stop all this fighting but we don't know quite what to do, so lets just screw up things for everyone else while why try to find what needs to be done"

phase 44 discussion

further always blaming everyone else for what he can't protect is real IMMATURE!
    Well, if Athrun didn't show up he'd most likely have time to kill Djibril off thus preventing the deaths of a gazillion people. How the hell is that immature?
    Well only blaming Athrun and Shinn is immature!
    Um...First at Terra, Athuran isn't to blame, they're (him and Kira) defending ORB. I mean, would you let a bunch of ppl just come and destroy your home just cause they're looking for one guy, highly doubt it. I'm pointing out that he is immature in blaming others, not trying to find Djibril. I don't mind a rebuttal but argue the point made instead of deviating from it. I'm not a shinn hater or trying to make him seem less of a pilot or what not, but truth be is that he still must grow up. The guy is blinded by rage that stems from his failure to protect his loved ones, and he directs that anger at people. Take responsibility for your actions (Stella was his fault in my opinion) and try to fight in order to protect your ideals and what you hold dear instead of fighting out of anger and hate!

Secondly, I'm not playing the blame game (directed at FelixZeroAlastor) so your comment there is unmerited. I'm only pointing out the obvious, Shinn fails to take the blame on himself and pushes it on other people. He blames Freedom for Stella's death, he blames Athuran for Djibril, he blames ORB and Cagalli's father for his family. Instead of having some NUTS and acknowledging that he cannot protect his loved ones as he wishes and trying to change that for the better, he says "it's your fault." I"m so sick and tired of that attitude, I feel like I'm watching a five year old when he goes through that bratty crap. Someone please give the guy a tissue, quit playing the damn violin for the smuck. He needs to grow up, realize that some things are out of his hands and come to terms with the lack of power he has in protecting what he holds dear. Blaming someone else for mistakes is not the answer. Athuran is NOT at fault for Djibril, he did what was right to prevent the deaths of innocent people in ORB.

I agree that it is Luna who should take partial blame since she failed to shoot down the shuttle. However, and I stress this the most, if Djibril was so important to kill then the Minerva (ZAFT) should have gone after that shuttle right away instead of resupplying and resting. And yes, there are going to be people who put up a valid argument for the Minverva. But excuses won't take you anywhere, bottom line is it's their fault, even Rey said it in this episode.

phase 44 discussion

Hahah, Meer is so gonna die.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

phase 44 discussion

I'm guessing the final showdown between th last 2 forces in the final battle will be the Minerva (and Zaft) VS. Archangel? At this point of the series, I'm also guessing the original "good guy" main characters from the start of the series will turn into the enemies/bad guys at the end of the series.

phase 44 discussion

Am i the only one who enjoy the two badguys looking bad? Dullindal sitting on his throne at the end was awesome. And Djibril fails a bit when his god damn weapon can't even hit target but it was those useless motherfuckers that was supposed to be calculating the coordinates. He was still badass when he said that he wasn't a coward or a dreamer. Man you can't trust subordinates, just look at Luna she can't even hit a shuttle that isn't trying to evade when she can hit mobile suits right in the cockpit when they do all they can to kill her and evade.

phase 44 discussion

All plant's colonies named after a month of the year like Januarius, Decemberus, or Apriius. They could have named it after one of their original designer or something like the first coordinator. They've downgraded yzak and Dearka to regulars and give them generic white and grey suits with spots of other colors here and there instead of custom paint jobs like Freedom or Destiny. Very generic looking Goufs and even worst then the one Athrun and Heine piloted earlier.

phase 44 discussion

If Freedom/Justice and the rest didn't show up, Talia wouldn't have to give the task of shooting Djibril down to Luna solely. Luna is definitely the worst pilot of the Shinn/Rey/Luna trio, and having all three of them following the shuttle would absolutely end with it getting shot down. Anything else is unthinkable.

But yeah, as you say, it's that fucking Fukada's fault.

i thought she couldnt shoot it down cause the shuttle was heading into space and as she was going up the pressure is messing her up

Tomato

phase 44 discussion

But excuses won't take you anywhere, bottom line is it's their fault, even Rey said it in this episode.
    I thought Rey said that because of their inability to take care of "Kira" and "Athrun" who in return stopped them from stopping Djibril.

So yes, kira and athrun stopping ZAFT in a way do share the responsibility

phase 44 discussion

These are the PLANT sectors and what they are responsible for:

Januarius
    Basic and applied microengineering
    Februarius
    Basic and clinical medicine, biochemistry, molecular biology, applied somatology
    Martius
    Aerospace engineering, shipbuilding
    Aprilius
    Astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, space planetary science, space life sciences
    Maius
    Applied mechanical engineering, basic and applied metallurgy, applied materials engineering, robotics engineering
    Junius
    Basic and applied agricultural science, social engineering
    Quintilis
    Basic and applied chemistry
    Sextilis
    Basic physics, theoretical physics, particle physics, higher-dimensional physics, mathematics
    September
    Electronics, information engineering, artificial intelligence engineering, information science
    October
    Social sciences
    November
    Multipurpose practical industrial engineering
    December
    Elementary education

Courtesy: Gundam Official

lol, so PLANT is now without agriculture, elementary education and Astronomical research facilities. They are in quite the pickle

Tomato

phase 44 discussion

Guess Earth got the man power for that

phase 44 discussion

Originally posted by: Freki
    haha exactly it isn't like it will be Destroys against grunts for an episode, the Destoys will be against the same Gundams at Heaven's Base except now Rey is gonna be able to use his DRAGOON system,
    I don't know how much good the DRAGOONS will be against them, so far the Destroy's have only been shown to be vulnerable to melee weapons.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Rey knows too much about Requiem without even being informed about it. If you ask me, I believe the Chairman and Rey knew about that weapon and its intended use by Djibril.
    That is an interesting thought. Lets say you are right, could it be that Dullindal wanted Aprilus taken out with the entire PLANT Supreme Council? That would increase his power and pretty much wipe out anyone that could question his authority. Maybe the only reason he was shocked and upset was because Requium missed and took out a bunch of Civilian colonies.

Well the fact that Djibril isn't dead is accually Luna's fault. That had to be the most horrible display of marksmanship I have ever had to bear witness to.
    Personally I've been calling that type of aiming "Star Wars aiming". I mean in the original trilogy nobody could hit anything practically.

Originally posted by: Miro69
    i have no clue where bartfeldt is. he's been absent for the past few episodes...
    He is probably still on the Eternal.

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Am i the only one who enjoy the two badguys looking bad? Dullindal sitting on his throne at the end was awesome. And Djibril fails a bit when his god damn weapon can't even hit target but it was those useless motherfuckers that was supposed to be calculating the coordinates. He was still badass when he said that he wasn't a coward or a dreamer. Man you can't trust subordinates, just look at Luna she can't even hit a shuttle that isn't trying to evade when she can hit mobile suits right in the cockpit when they do all they can to kill her and evade.
    I agree with the Dullindal scene.

As for the missing it's target, that is understandable to me. The distance was very large. If you knock it off by just a 1 degree angle it will be just a small miss close, but at long range even 1 degree is huge.