Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ban-kai

ban-kai

well, it can be argued both ways... hard to say...

Some can argue that the first sword was merely a manifastation of Rukia's power, and that the second one was brought in by Ichigo's own shinigami's powers...

And others can argue that it has always been the same zanpakutou...

There's enough evidence to support both versions... I preffer the first one... For one thing... how come did the cover (or however it is called) from the first sword disappeared when the new sword came out...

And also, how come the handle also disappeared once the new sword came out? From all the shikais we have seen, I don't remember seeing any of those two change...

That place over there........ahh never mind

ban-kai

you mean the sheath? well one could say that the wrapping around the sword became the new sheath when the sword was released.

R.I.P Captain America.

ban-kai

Yeah... hence it was either changed or destroyed... and up till now, i haven't seen that happen to any soul slayer when they go shikai

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

ban-kai

That just means that Ichigo's is unique.

Byakuya's turns into sakura petals.
    Hinamori's shoots an energy blast.
    Renji's grows...
    etc etc.
    Ichigo's loses it's crossguard and sheath and becomes bigger.

I'm with Pheonix on this one. The simplest explaination is that Zangetsu is the released form (shikai) of the first sword.

Whatever you beleive Budweineken, the sword we saw transform into it's shikai once Ichigo learned Zangetsu's name had a crossguard and a sheath. So the loss of these is not the issue. It just comes down to whether you think that sword was the one he had from episode 1 or not.

I think it is.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

ban-kai

i also think it is because ichigo pulled it out of the box, zangetsu said (thats me) and he was talking about how he was broken before (so he's the same zampukon from before)

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

ban-kai

Originally posted by: Budweineken

And also, how come the handle also disappeared once the new sword came out? From all the shikais we have seen, I don't remember seeing any of those two change...
    kisuke's servant said something about that when ichigo first got the sword.

"That sword is not fully complete in that form" I believe it was something like that

ban-kai

the fact that ichigo had to call out zangetsu's name in order to release it suggests it is the shikai form. And i also think we will never actually get to see ichigo's soul slayer in its unreleased form