Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 42 discussion

Phase 42 discussion

cion thanks for the info on the DOM trooper[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i m not sure they r bound to die but base on the usual crap of typical anime story line, they can at least last till those finally episode.

as for those character development i have only 1 thing to say abt athrun, he is just too confuse!

PS:i wonder is there any new toys from lacus heheheheheheheheh[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Phase 42 discussion

There were three units at the Eternal, i know one is IJ and SF, but whats the other one?

Phase 42 discussion

It must be Gaia, OR a new MS/Gundam FUKUDA planning to make money off from plamodels! Ahah im jk... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Phase 42 discussion

ey
    when kira blocked shin's sword and blasted him with the 2 rail guns.. how come shin didn't recieve any damage???
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

Phase 42 discussion

He used his substance guns - due to Phase Shift armor substance guns do no damage to the Gundam -
    That's why after he got shot he was screaming

If these were beams it would be over right now!! Is that what your trying to say!?

Phase 42 discussion

Originally posted by: Cion
    He said they meant to provoke him and that SF is a phantom, so Rey still thinks Kira is dead?
    When Rey was talking about having a phantom I think he was talking about Neo because of the flashes early in the series.

Originally posted by: k_truong
    ey
    when kira blocked shin's sword and blasted him with the 2 rail guns.. how come shin didn't recieve any damage???
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
    Acctually I think I owe somebody an apology because of this (can't remember who). The hip mounted guns on Freedom and SF are Railguns. They shoot EXTREMELY high velocity projectiles. Phase Shift armor protects against physical weapons. However there was an effect. Like already mentioned it seems that Destiny doesn't have a true nuclear engine (I'll give my opinion below) so it does have an energy limit. Taking point blank range blasts from those would require the Phase Shift to work overtime. It managed to protect the MS, but it drained a lot of energy to do so. Waltfeld demonstrated against Strike that hitting it with physical weapons may not damage it, but it does increase the rate at which the power for the PS is used.

As for the Destiny power supply, the nuclear may be just used because they were too lazy to come up with another word and wanted it to sound more powerful then Impulse. If you recall Kira had too hit the emergency shut off to prevent Freedom from going nuclear. Four other reasons come to mind:
    [*]1. They probably don't expect it to be too far from Minerva which can recharge it useing the Duetrium (I'm too lazy to look up the spelling) system, infinate run time may not have been deemed necessary.

[*]2. The Mirage Coloid is used in Destiny to create the after-images, but it isn't acctually used AS the Mirage Coloid (it can't go invisible). Maybe Dullindal was trying to push the limit of what the treaty allowed.

[*]3. Again from the Junius 7 treaty, remember that Nuclear Jammer Cancelors were banned which meant they couldn't be built into Mobile Suits. The OS could be left over from the original design, but they never acctually included a nuclear engine. While the start-up does say "Nuclear" I don't recall anywhere acctually saying it did use nuclear.

[*]4. They considered Kira dead, and Athrun, Yzak, and Dearkka were in ZAFT so they probably didn't expect to face any enemies dangerous enough to be a threat to Destiny. If this is the case they may have cut back on going all out in building it. They made it quite clear that nobody (other then Rey) could even stand against it with it wasting all those Destroy's so easily.

It could be any and/or all of those (or none). I'm just naming posibilities.

Phase 42 discussion

It isn't
    Gunnery
    United
    Nuclear
    Duetrion
    Advanced
    Maneuver

It's
    Gunnery
    United
    Nuclear -
    Duetrion
    Advanced
    Maneuver

Why must everybody miss the dash.
    If you dont belive me watch 36 again.
    It's at 21:45 or around there.

Phase 42 discussion

1.) - I seriously doubt this; just because Minerva is near by doesn't mean that it will have the leeway to use its recharger (IE while its fighting Archangel - there is no way in hell that they can get within range or stay put long enough to recharge Destiny.)

2.) And this is relevant because....?

3.) If you've been following the story; that treaty has been blown out of the water since a while back. EAF attempted to use nuclear bombs, of course using neutron jammer canceler technology. And the whole "they were too lazy to make a new OS is ludicrous as well, because if that was true the OS would think that it is under unlimited energy leading everything to be out of whack.

4.) This theory just wouldn't work... they didn't consider Kira dead for a long long time in the series.. practically almost a few weeks before the first appearance of DESTINY itself. I think that it is impossible to build such a Gundam in a short time (then again it is the world of SEED.. but still).

It just doesn't make snese that a nuclear engine cannot be a "true" nuclear engine. It's either nuclear or it's not there's no inbetween - because if that were true, that means they took one step down and made Destiny an inferior Gundam on purpose... which is really really stupid.

Phase 42 discussion

Hiro-Fansubs just released episode 42 subbed. Woot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hiro-fansubs.com/
    _

Phase 42 discussion

Originally posted by: SKRuLLS
    plz post the english version here if it is out already... thx!
    patience fool

Phase 42 discussion

Originally posted by: zn|¹
    1.) - I seriously doubt this; just because Minerva is near by doesn't mean that it will have the leeway to use its recharger (IE while its fighting Archangel - there is no way in hell that they can get within range or stay put long enough to recharge Destiny.)

2.) And this is relevant because....?

3.) If you've been following the story; that treaty has been blown out of the water since a while back. EAF attempted to use nuclear bombs, of course using neutron jammer canceler technology. And the whole "they were too lazy to make a new OS is ludicrous as well, because if that was true the OS would think that it is under unlimited energy leading everything to be out of whack.

4.) This theory just wouldn't work... they didn't consider Kira dead for a long long time in the series.. practically almost a few weeks before the first appearance of DESTINY itself. I think that it is impossible to build such a Gundam in a short time (then again it is the world of SEED.. but still).

Like I said, they were all just random ideas that I thought of that are possabilities. They could very well all be wrong. I said that when I posted them. Also I am fully aware that my writeing skills are sub-par. My theories are better then I am capable of typing out effectivly.

For your comments on #1 again, like I said, there were no enemies that were percieved as a threat. what Archangel could do against something like Destiny would be very limited without Freedom.

For your comments on #2, it is only relevent if Dullindal is trying to keep within the bounds of the treaty while pushing to it's limits.

For your comments on #3, I acctually mentioned the idea that the EAF had already ripped up the treaty on page 2 of this thread. And the lazy comment was about Fukuda being too lazy to make up a word to put in for the letter "N", not about the ZAFT people. Trust me, that lazy is HIGHLY probable.

And for your comments on #4, I didn't say they built it that quickly. It very well could have been mostly complete and they didn't finish it until after Kira was "killed" by Shinn. Designs can be changed in mid construction. Also they may have "watered down" the nuclear aspect to minimize potential risk of Destiny becoming a randomly moving A-Bomb.

Phase 42 discussion

Got a better link. This one is a direct download. I don't know how long I'll last so don't be pissed if it stops working.

http://www.chaos-black.com/gsd/
    _

Phase 42 discussion

the scene with shin getting owned with the particle cannon was the best!!! it just shows that when kira got serious, he still has the upper hand on shin! lol shin, practice more "gayish talking with rey"! HAHA! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Phase 42 discussion

Kira vs Shinn is pretty much on the same level of Itachi vs Jiraiya. We'll never know who is the better one (except Itachi is the best).
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Phase 42 discussion

Originally posted by: Mut@chi
    Kira vs Shinn is pretty much on the same level of Itachi vs Jiraiya. We'll never know who is the better one (except Itachi is the best).
    Itachi is one bad-ass mofo.

edit:
    don't know if this helps but Shinn's suit is a Nuclear-Dueterion power system as someone pointed out earlier...

now i don't know how that works...

but wikipedia describes it as Ultracompact hyper-deuterion nuclear reactor with hyper capacitor (that doesn't really clear it up)...

but it does help us distinguish between those suits and Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice which are considered to be pure nuclear fission system (now i do know what nuclear fission is)...

so obviously Shinn running out of power shows that the deuterion system isn't as powerful as a pure fission system...don't know if that'll help...i just thought i'd add that in.

Blog Entries

Phase 42 discussion

While I do think Kira is a much better pilot, I think the second battle will be more even. Shinn had deprived himself of 66% of his melee capabilities before Kira came, and Kira just took what was left away completely. Plus the story won't get very far if Kira keeps winning so easily. ^^;;

Phase 42 discussion

true, it would be interesting to see the second round, but enough of kira and shin! let athrun fight now!! we've been waiting for him for so long.. atleast now he knows what he is fighting for, not always making a hissing sound saying shin's name all time because he can't do anything.. now i hope athrun would kill rey..

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Phase 42 discussion

So who else was really surprised that KIRA came and RESCUED someone IN THE LAST SECOND while Vestige was playing?

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

I hate when I can predict stuff. It shows that the writers are overpaid. Because I'm stupid, yet I know what's gonna happen. Fuck that.

Other than that great episode. I liked the DOMs (Jetto Stream Attacku!), first time other than G Gundam I've seen someone scream attack names in a Gundam show.
    I don't know what to say other than that, it was good stuff, though they BETTER explain why the hell Mwu was captured and brainwashed to begin with. I am quite sure they won't even talk about it though. All in the holy name of selling more model kits of course. And suddenly he remembers his old catchphrase too, wow. Man...

Well can't say I don't like it, but it's still a bit too much of the "okay here's how it is, Mwu is alive, just accept it". Bah.

And now all you Kira fanboys can be happy again as he once again showed that he cannot lose, is invincible, one-dimensional and overall boring to watch.
    But I guess that doesn't matter when you are a silent guy with big guns on his gundam eh boys?

Phase 42 discussion

The episode was great but I can't help but be dissappointed with certain parts. Cagalli only lasted as long as she did because she sat and watched Shinn kill a bunch of other people in the middle of their fight. Kira v Shinn had some cool stuff happening but ending it on account of Shinn running out of power was lame, especially with how fast it happened, I mean Freedom lasted how many years without ever running out of power but Shinn drains his batteries in an afternoon of fighting. They had a fight between to ace pilots in overpowered suits and put it on hold so 1 can sit on a ship and the other can kill grunts. Also someone needs to be beaten like Yuuna for this whole Neo/Mwu part of the show. At least with a title like Voice of Counterattack we know we are gonna get to see Shinn get a stern talking to next week.

Oh well the DOMs were badass and Yuuna getting punched is always a fun thing to see.

Phase 42 discussion

man that was some of the best shit i ever seen considering wut we have have left to cover i hope things keep moving at this pace, and man i hate pink haired bitch she shows up says some bullshit and people are like "yes wut was i thinking!!!" shes boring as all hell to watch and listen too, its like watching freedome fight with words

she should die slowly and they should make a music video out of it
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

i was raised by this woman =O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrR7hPT9Bs