Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Game: Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Ah, my bad, I saw "Lunar" and then skipped to the meat of your post. I like to forget that Lunar 2: Eternal Blue existed.

Since we are talking about Eternal Blue, you didn't get your ass repeated beat by the Yeti? I couldn't beat it for the longest time. I'd be really impressed with you. I had to powerlevel like crazy (since they dropped the bosses leveling with you for Eternal Blue) and it was still a pain in the ass. After that, I was kind of absurdly strong, so it didn't really matter for the rest of the game.
    lol, why would you like to forget that Eternal Blue existed? not particularly fond of the game?

Nope i didn't have any trouble with the yeti, although that avalanche thing he does in combo with regular attack does get annoying. I think for that battle i just had Hiro used his jump sword move after a few attack buff from Lemina and then have her spam fire attack after that. I remember keeping 2 people on healing watch so he doesn't surprise kill you and most boss just tend to attack the closest character (Hiro) if they do a single attack anyway.

edit: Thinking back on it, both Lunar were kinda absurdly hard on certain parts in term of RPG standard. The first cave in Silver Star Story is one of the hardest beginning dungeon ever, i remember having my ass handed to me repeatedly by those damn crystals like 30 minutes into the game.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Sun, 11-16-2008 at 07:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Dissida looks like an excellent FF-fanservice game. Almost tempting me to pick up a PSP.
    Why don't you just get an emulator?

Looks like an awesome game, but does squareenix have any experience in making anything on the fighting genre?

Also i don't recognize most of the characters since i've only played from 7 up, maybe this will give me a good excuse to get the rest of them.

Edit: Here is the subbed version of the trailer

Dissidia - TGS08 Trailer
    Last edited by Archangel; Sun, 11-16-2008 at 12:41 PM.

A new character has been revealed for Dissida. Shantotto from Final Fantasy XI

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2593

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    I recently got my hands on Crisis Core (yes I know I'm late)..all my other psp games have taken the back seat to this one. I was in awe from the very first cutscene, its really amazing that a handheld title can pack such punch. I'm digging the storyline thus far, and the flashback scenes of Angeal, Genesis and Sepiroth kicks so much ass. All in all very good game thus far, very hard to put down...getting wrist pains.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman
    I recently got my hands on Crisis Core (yes I know I'm late)..all my other psp games have taken the back seat to this one. I was in awe from the very first cutscene, its really amazing that a handheld title can pack such punch. I'm digging the storyline thus far, and the flashback scenes of Angeal, Genesis and Sepiroth kicks so much ass. All in all very good game thus far, very hard to put down...getting wrist pains.
    Just wait till you see the end. That fucking game almost made me cry

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Edit - Oops I didn't realize this wasn't the what are you playing now thread
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Newest Dissidia Trailer

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1xzmngyeo4m

Two new characters shown (for first time in trailer)

Shantotto from Final Fantasy XI
    Gabranth from Final Fantasy XII

Been playing around with the game for a few hours now, harder than I thought but it's quite enjoyable. The fact that I don't really understand any of the written stuff is probably a big drawback seeing as I have no idea what any of the abilities I get do.

Edit: Not knowing what kind of stuff I get and what they do is kinda annoying but it's still playable. But been wasting a lot of my free time on this already and it's quite addictive if nothing else because of everything there is to unlock.
    Last edited by fireheart; Thu, 12-18-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Blog Entries
    When is the english version coming out anyway?

There is no date yet. Just a tentative of mid 2009

Jounin
    I believe Square/Square-Enix only knowledge and experience on making a Fighting game, was Erghiez or something.

I'm a little sad I now have to wait for Final Fantasy XIII till 2010. Over a year to go.

Japan gets FFXIII this April

Dissidia 012: Duodecium Final Fantasy announced for PSP

http://the-magicbox.com/1009/game100907a.shtml

So far two characters are confirmed:

Lighting from Final Fantasy XIII
    Kain from Final Fantasy IV

I hope Kain's good, because Cecil's like the worst character in Dissidia.

Blog Entries
    Vivi needs to be in there