Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy

Originally posted by: Krbadass
    Final Fantasy 10- 1st FF on the ps2 system, Graphics astounded me. Storyline was cool until I found out that Tidus was just a "Dream" made up by the gods.

wtf? i only got to the part where you fight sin and then i couldn't beat him cause i didn't have anima or the w/e sisters, when do they say this?
    Um like in the middle of the game, I think before you fight the Sin within thingy
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Final Fantasy

When did they say what? That Tidus is just a dream? As far as I remember he first realized that he was a dream, when he entered the anima caves or how they call it, on top of the mountain of the Ronzo( sorry, I really suck at names). There he finds out, that he is just a dream of someone who once existed.
    And if you didn't get the all-so-subtle hints there you will eventually find out during the last Cut scene.

But I completely disagree, the hero being a dream did not suck for me. It gave that final victory a taste of sadness which created probably the most beautiful ending I could've hoped for with an astonishing sad vibe. Beautifully executed.
    If you wanna talk endings with dreams that suck, talk about that Zelda game for Gameboy, where in the end it turns out, that all the shit you've been doing in the course of the game including some very annoying parts, was just a goddamn dream of lil' Link. That was really, really bad.

Final Fantasy

And another one on my list!

5. How come no one's talking about Chronicles?

6. FF9: First FF game that has multi player capabilities.

Final Fantasy

FFXI the first MMORPG Final fantasy game?

Final Fantasy

Originally posted by: ES
    And another one on my list!

5. How come no one's talking about Chronicles?

Because Chronicles = Chrono Trigger + FFIV

Final Fantasy

Does it? What capabilities?

Final Fantasy

Originally posted by: Hikyuu
    Yes indeedy but FF IX was the first game that had multi player capabilites.

Silly rabbit, when I said multi player capabilites upto four players (At least I think considering when we played it there was me and my friend) can play during a battle. Remember that LOTR game that had no-name characters?

My bestfriend and I had so much fun messing with each other while Kuja was killing us. It is on the options settings I believe in which you can change the slot ofcontrollers on who has control over who. I had control over Steiner and Vivi on the 2nd Cntrl while my friend had control over Zidane and Garnet.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Final Fantasy

A slight off-topic note: Who has ever played or heard of a game called Ehrgeiz?

It's a 3D fighter game for PS1 with two different attacks (high and low, generally) special attack, jump and run/walk commands (AND a horrible storyline)

BUT this game allows you to play as Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth (can you hear the voice of Sephiroth?) and Yuffie and Vincent (although Yuffie and Vincent are actually just knockoffs of two other characters already in the game. You can fight with Tifa while she's wearing her cowboy outfit, put Cloud in a Shinra uniform, fight as Zack (Cloud with black hair more or less), fight with normal human Vincent in his Turks outfit and use the mother-fucking-blessed Masamune!!! I bought this game before trying it and STILL don't regret it for the above reasons!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Final Fantasy

Originally posted by: Hikyuu
    Yes indeedy but FF IX was the first game that had multi player capabilites.
    I was just commenting something related but different.. why no one had Mentioned FFXI
    not IX e.e .. the Massive multiplayer online Role playing game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Final Fantasy

OK guys have been lookin at ff 12 trailers and saw that the battle mode is diffrent (reminds me of grandia) and the grafic rocks, my opinion i think that ff has the best grafics ever specialy after i saw the scens in ff x-2

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Final Fantasy

12 is going to be for PS2 correct?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Final Fantasy

Ive played Ergheiz......once....and it sucked.....

*cough*soulcaliburclone*cough*

Final Fantasy

Ehrgeiz has absolutely nothing to do with Soul Calibur, other than you fight in both of them.

I found that game to be pretty fun because you could own people with Seph in it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    Edit: AND VINCENT!

Final Fantasy

*cough*soulcaliburclone*cough*

I scream that as a joke. Oh well. But yes, the fact that Seph was there..or was it Cloud? O_o

Makes it a lil bit ok.

Now back on topic.

Cant wait to watch Advent Children. Oh yeah....The Ruby Weapon was the bane of my existence back then!

Final Fantasy

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    12 is going to be for PS2 correct?
    Yeah (hurray for that) and ff 7 with vincet will also be on ps2

Final Fantasy

What do you mean FF7 with Vincent? Are they making a game just with Vincent?

Final Fantasy

i think theres something about remaking ff7 on ps2 or something...i dont remember.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Final Fantasy

Does Sephiroth have some sort of, ultra-gorgeous cock that I don't know about? I don't understand why people lavish praise on him as 'the greatest badguy of all gaming history' because I tohught he was rather stupid and shallow. Hell, he doesn't even look cool or interesting, or anything short of total tosserism.

The only FF villain I hate more than Sephiroth was Ultimicia, she was just... just LOOK at her, you'll understand.

Anyway, my favs in order are like this;

1: FF6 - Story was great, and EVERY character developed really well and was useful, this game could only be more perfect if they updated the graphcs into 3D (without altering a jot of anything else) - but even as old as it is, it's storytelling genius. Most importantly, FF6 is the ONLY RPG i've played where playing the game through from start to finish, maybe doign the sidequests if you feel like it, is enough to get the EXP required for formidable power. Any of that boring training in one spot was totally unnessacary, and only served as overkill.
    2: FF9 - After the folly of 8 and 7, 9 returned to the truely dramatic stoylines I had expected from Final Fantasy. FF6 beats this for various reasons, but most of all is the dificulty level (I found I had to spend hours in one spot leveling up so that I would NOT be slaughtered by the up-comming monsters.)
    3: FF8 - first final fantasy I ever played. It was too easy though the story rocked, pity I was more interested in the group dynamic than the acctual planetary disaster.
    4: FF7 - Like 6, you can ignore the rediculous graphics for the otherwise perfect story, but again - I was only interested in the group itself, and not in the overlaying story (though it did have interesting aspects.) FF7 is below 8 because Aeris died for absolutely NO reason, short of robbing us from the most powerful magic user in the game who had the most useful Limit Breaks.
    5: FF5 - I never acctually finished this game, but I loved it right up to the point I played (I had to fight an adamatoise to get into a meteor and never got around to doing it.)

Final Fantasy

Yes I have heard of having a remake of ff7 in ps2...My expect it to come before if not after Advent Children comes out. It work both ways for Square-Enix and consumers/fans.

Final Fantasy

Yup, there is an FF7 game coming out for the PS2 that stars Vincent Valentine. Its called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. It takes place a year after the Advent Children movie. Anything with Vincent (of FF for that matter) has gotta be good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] DoC info from GameSpot

My favorite FF's are:
    1) FF9: I dunno why nobody liked this one alot. I thought it was just awesome. The story was superb, great graphics as usual, great gameplay, and of course, an excellent soundtrack. Its a mix of the previous FF's, all blended to create FF9. The awesome cast is a bonus to (gotta love Zidane and Vivi). This one will always be my favorite.
    2) FF6: The greatest thing about this game is the story, hands down.
    3) FF7: First FF on the PSX that came out kickass. The Materia system was cool and Sephy is just badass. Even more badass than Kuja from 9. So is Cloud, he's badass to.
    6) FF10: First FF on the PS2 with the most amazing graphics I have ever seen. The Ifrit and Shiva summonings were just insane. Battle System was ok and the cast was kinda cool (Yuna being the cutest FF character of all). Blitzball was a fun side quest to that I played through to the end.
    5) FF8: This FF had a superb story to. What I love most was the soundtrack. This game was Nobou at his best, with my favorite tracks being "Maybe I'm a Lion" and Laguna's Battle Theme. The gameplay...wasn't the greatest. I didn't like the junction system to much but overall, it wasn't bad.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!