Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gundam classes

gundam classes

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    1. destiny/sf/legend/ij/akatsuki
    2. saviour/freedom( freedom gets nr 2 cause its nuclear, otherwise i would stick it at 3 )
    3. impulse/providence
    4. gouf ignited/ gouf yzak ver. /chaos/gaia ( waltfeld)/ justice/ destroy (stellar )/ forbidden/ raider
    5. gouf/ calamity/ abyss/gaia ( stellar )/murasame orb squad/ neo windam/ destroy ( all others )
    6. slash zaku phantom/ blaze zaku phantom/ blitz
    7. gunner zaku warrior ( luna/dearka )strike(several packs)/duel/buster/aegis
    8. strike rouge /zaku warrior/ murasame/ HM2 ginn/ windam
    so many wrongs in one post. Don't think of the pilot or if the suit "felt" special or not. If you disregard that and try to be objective i think the list would look alot better.

You could also take out the grunt suits and commander units as they are not gundams.

gundam classes

If Akatsuki really is on par with the other lead suits it'd be hilarious.
    I mean, imagine if Cagalli found that suit back in Seed (which she, conveniently, of course didn't) she would have owned everybody in the end.

gundam classes

destiny/sf/ij/legend
    freedom/justice/providence
    impluse/savior/choas/gaia/abyass
    strike/ageis/buster/duel/blitz
    then all those zakus ginns n whatevers

gundam classes

That list seems to be correct in my eyes. Kept it simple and nice to, didn't include commander units of normal mobile suits and other crap.

Though you could probably shove in Calamity/Raider/Forbidden either on 3 or 4.

4 seems to be the best in my opinion.

gundam classes

where would u put akatsuki. feel odd isn't it, that gold gundam doesn't look have as gd as the one we have been anticipating. the ones we saw at the openings were much better then the one we saw in ep. 40

gundam classes

I would have to wait with Akatsuki, right now it feels as if the suit is on par with Impulse etc. Maybe Freedom and Justice. Since the suit is quite old but got some good tech i think it fits at number 2. No way is it up there with SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend.

It could also get it's own spot in all this right below Freedom and Justice as number 3 and push down the rest one step. It's hard, but i think that would be the best, yea put it in 3rd and push the rest down one step.

1. SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend
    2. Freedom/Justice/Providence
    3. Akatsuki
    4. Impulse/Saviour/Chaos/Gaia/Abyss
    5. Calamity/Forbidden/Raider
    6. Strike/Aegis/Buster/Blitz/Duel

This is my list.

gundam classes

you are also not being objective, why?
    saviour was SAID to be the most advanced and efficient suit, making it better then impulse and the rest
    also i placed akatsuki and ij, LAST on class 1 cause we had not seen them yet in the show ( akatsuki still hasnt showned full potential ), you( plural) are acting as if i pu akatsuki up there as if it was already shown, also i took not only the suits as class, but also the pilots ability in it, stellar for instance would suck in freedom, also another NOT objective point is placing freedom/justice and providence so high

nr1. they ARE outdated, making them technically inferior ( OBJECTIVELY)
    nr2. they need a hell of a pilot
    nr3. they are shit without there nuke reactors, freedom without nuke, and lets say lunamaria as pilot, would not be even close to impulse for instance

now ofcourse they have nuke reactors, but i scaled the ranking, meaning, how would impulse be with a nuke? a WHOLE lot better, and seeing how impulse is technically far better then freedom, impulse could, like freedom, perform at its MAX power, 100% of the time, which now it couldnt becuase of the battery limitation

i hope you now understand how i made the list ( power, speed, pilot, technology (sp?) )
    and i did try to do it as objective as possible
    -----------------

Blog Entries

gundam classes

Spoilers. I'm bored, so I'm going to make my own class system for them based on Melee, Ranged, Power Source, and Average. I'm not really going to state the reasons why, and its just my opinion (like I said, I'm bored). Note that im leaving out standard beam rifles and shields, as well as the machine guns that are usually either on the head or chest. Also note I'm not adding in Strike Rogue into this. I don't know all of its advanced packs from MSV, but its base is still Strike. I figured its rating wouldn't be too far off from Strike itself. Stellar's Gaia and Andy's Gaia are the same. I've never seen beam shields used for melee yet, and in this I'm assuming they cant block them, but this could obviously change. It would upgrade the melee capabilities for Destiny, Legend, Infinite Justice and Strike Freedom.

Rating System: 0 is among the weakest, 9 is among the strongest

<u>ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom (METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 oversized beam sabers 3
    Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons, 77 missile launchers added to its original weaponry. 9
    Power Rating: 8
    Average Rating: 6.6

<u>ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice (non-METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: 8 beam sabers/blades, 1 beam boomerang mounted on shield, can act as short beam saber, subflight lifter (pack), shield grappler. 8
    Ranged Rating: 3 beam cannons on subflight lifter, beam shield. 4
    Average Rating: 6.6

<u>ZGMF-X19A Infinite Justice (METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: Considering this makes the greater majority of its melee weapons useless except for 2 huge beamsabers... 3
    Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons, 77 missile launchers, added to the 3 beam cannons it already has. 7
    Average Rating: 6

<u>ZGMF-X42S Destiny</u>
    Melee Rating: 1 anti-ship sword, 2 palm cannons, and 2 beam boomerangs that can extend into beam sabers. Wings of Light propulsion system. 5
    Ranged Rating: 1 beam cannon, Mirage Colloid 'after-images' to confuse enemy sensors. Beam shield. 4
    Power Rating: 9
    Overall Rating: 6

<u>ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom (non-METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double saber. 2
    Ranged Rating: 2 beam rifles, can combine into a single beam cannon. 2 rail guns, a chest cannon, and 8 DRAGOON pods, each with a single beam gun. Beam shield. 8

<u>ZGMF-X13A Providence</u>
    Melee Rating: Beam saber mounted on shield. 2
    Ranged Rating: 2 beam guns mounted on left arm, an oversized beam rifle, and 11 DRAGOON units, 43 beam guns in total from the DRAGOON system. 9
    Power Rating: 7

<u>ZGMF-X10A Freedom (METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: Since its not like Freedom had the greatest melee weapons to begin with, METEOR's giant beam sabers are a upgrade. 3
    Ranged Rating: Aside from the weapons mentioned on the non-METEOR version, it has 4 beam cannons and 77 missile launchers. 8
    Comments: I assume some of you are going ZOMG WHY ARE YOU RATING METEOR SO LOW WITH 77 MISSILE LAUNCHERS?! Because they are useless against phase shift. The giant beam sabers are pretty easy to see coming at you, and so as long as your not a grunt (read: target practice) you should be able to dodge them given that you see them ahead of time. Since it also disables most of the other melee weapons on the suits, it actually leaves you throwing around building sized beam sabers with a somewhat slow swing speed.

<u>ZGMF-X666S Legend</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam javalins, can combine into a single double javalin. 2
    Ranged Rating: Beam shield. 10 DRAGOON pods, for a total of 34 beam guns. 9
    Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva. 6
    Overall Rating: 5.6

<u>ZGMF-X09A Justice (METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: Due to METEOR's size, most of Justice's melee weapons are useless. Luckly METEOR comes equiped with two beam sabers the size of freaking battleships. 3
    Ranged Rating: Aside from the weapons mentioned on the non-METEOR version, it has 4 beam cannons and 77 missile launchers. 7
    Average Rating: 5.6

<u>ZGMF-X09A Justice (non-METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double blade. 2 beam boomerangs. 1 subflight lifter (pack). 5
    Ranged Rating: 2 beam cannons and 5 machine guns on subflight lifter. 3.
    Average Rating: 5

<u>ZGMF-X56S Impulse</u>
    Melee Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 4 at its highest.
    Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 5 at its highest.
    Average Rating: 5

<u>ZGMF-X23S Saviour</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. 2
    Ranged Rating: 4 beam cannons 2 machine guns, and a mobile armor mode for high manuverability. 6
    Average Rating: 4.6

<u>ZGMF-X10A Freedom (non-METEOR)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double blade. 2
    Ranged Rating: 2 shoulder mounted beam cannons, and 2 hip mounted rail guns. 5
    Comments: I figure some people will have issues with this. Freedom really has almost no melee weapons, and both railguns are substance guns, which are largely useless against phase shift armor. This means aside from his standard beam rifle, he only has 2 other anti-phase shift weapons.

<u>ZGMF-X24S Chaos</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, 2 beam claws while in transformed state. 4
    Ranged Rating: 1 beam cannon, 2 mobile weapon pods, each with a beam cannon and guided missles. 4
    Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva (but not likely to happen anytime soon). 6

<u>ZGMF-X31S Abyss</u>
    Melee Rating: 1 beam lance. 2
    Ranged Rating: 9 beam cannons (2 only available while in mobile armor mode), 4 substance cannons, and guided torpedoes. 6
    Power Rating: Can recharge its battery remotely through the Minerva (but not likely to happen anytime soon). 6
    Comments: Even though it has a large array of beam weapons, since it has to stick to the water while on earth, I consider its potential is weakened.

<u>ZGMF-X88S Gaia</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, 2 'wing' sabers while in transformed state. 4.
    Ranged Rating: 2 beam cannons. 3
    Average Rating: 4.3

<u>ORB-01 Akatsuki</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers, can combine into a double saber, or mounted on the beam rifle. Subflight lifter similar to Justice. 5
    Ranged Rating: Anti-beam mirror coating, and two beam cannons on its subflight lifter. 4
    Power Rating: I don't know what its reactor is, but assuming that it was modelled after Strike's generation, but hopfully with some Orb technology... 4.
    Average Rating: 4.3

<u>GAT-X131 Calamity</u>
    Melee Rating: Doesn't even have any melee weapons. 1, if only for the phase shift armor.
    Ranged Rating: 2 shoulder mounted beam cannons, 1 chest cannon, 2 substance cannons built into its shield, and a bazooka. 6
    Power Rating: 4
    Average Rating: 3.6

<u>GAT-X252 Forbidden</u>
    Melee Rating: Only has a substance scythe weapon. 2
    Ranged Rating: 2 machine guns, 2 railguns, and a beam cannon. It also has the ability to deflect beam attacks using its pack. 5
    Average Rating: 3.6

<u>GAT-X370 Raider</u>
    Melee Rating: Uses a self propelled hammer/flail, as well as beam cannons on its claws when in mobile armor mode. 3
    Ranged Rating: 1 head cannon, 2 substance cannons on its shield, 3 machine guns and 2 beam cannons (on claws) while in mobile armor mode. 3.
    Overall Rating: 3.3

<u>GAT-X105 Strike</u>
    Melee Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 3 at its highest.
    Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its pack. 3 at its highest.
    Power Rating: Can draw power from its packs and its internal battery. 3
    Average Rating: 3

<u>GAT-X102 Duel (Assault Shroud)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. Can use a shoulder mounted railgun at melee range. 3
    Ranged Rating: Grenade launcher on beam rifle. Shoulder mounted railgun and missile pack. 4
    Power Rating: 2
    Average Rating: 3

<u>GAT-X303 Aegis</u>
    Melee Rating: Varies depending on its attack mode. 4 at its highest.
    Ranged Rating: Varies depending on its attack mode. 2 at its highest.
    Average Rating: 2.6

<u>GAT-X207 Blitz</u>
    Melee Rating: Mirage Colloid, Anchor, 1 beam saber. 3
    Ranged Rating: Mirage Colloid, 3 lancer darts. 2
    Average Rating: 2.3

<u>GAT-X103 Buster</u>
    Melee Rating: This suit doesn't even have any melee weapons. 1, if only for its phase shift armor.
    Ranged Rating: Dual rifles (substance/beam combo), that can combine into a single beam cannon. Missile packs on each shoulder. 4
    Average Rating: 2.3

<u>GAT-X102 Duel (non-Assault Shroud)</u>
    Melee Rating: 2 beam sabers. 2
    Ranged Rating: Grenade launcher on beam rifle. 2
    Average Rating: 2

gundam classes

How about Duel with assault shroud?

Blog Entries

gundam classes

Edited it, I had completely forgotten about the assault shroud and was just going by memory with Duel.

gundam classes

i like ur ratings, finnaly someone that doesnt see freedoms guns and goes OMG AWSOME. i like how u rated justice this time and didnt neglect the fact that the melee cababilities of justice are very high (melle matters 90 pecent, 10 percent can go to range imo).

gundam classes

Good ratings Barumonk, however I feel that the Assault Shroud should have a higher rating than Strike seeing as it was such an improved version.
    Then again, Duel was in the beginning an inferior model to the rest - and Strike also have all those different equipment sets to it.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

gundam classes

The gundam classe are separated in terms of crappy gundams like zakus, etc. and owning gundams like destiny, etc. Though it gets messed up once an owning gundam pilot pilots a crappy gundam.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Blog Entries

gundam classes

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Good ratings Barumonk, however I feel that the Assault Shroud should have a higher rating than Strike seeing as it was such an improved version.
    Then again, Duel was in the beginning an inferior model to the rest - and Strike also have all those different equipment sets to it.
    &gt;.&gt; Actually, I purposely raised Strike's rating (im bias, i actually liked Strike as a gundam) so that Duel AS wouldn't out-rate it. Strike was originally a 2.6 average since I didn't think its ranged weaponry was really that much better than anything the other gundams had at the time. I should probably go back to Blitz too since I didn't actually look up anything for that either. Maybe later when I feel like pressing the edit button and digging through all that forum code.

Edit: Nevermind, did it anyway. After looking at Blitz more carefully, I lowered its ranged rating. Also, I kept Strike's rating where it is due to the fact that I didn't realize all the weapons the Launcher pack had. Duel with AS actually has more offensive potential, Strike just gets away with the same average rating due to its power system.

Edit x2: Also, with SF and IJ using METEOR, technically they would have practically the same rating, since both of them would have 7 beam weapons total, the difference being SF would have its 2 railguns as well. To put some distance between them I took into account SF's DRAGOON system and IJ's subflight lifter which has 4 beam sabers/blades and 3 beam cannons on it.

gundam classes

Originally posted by: aznimperialx
    destiny/sf/ij/legend
    freedom/justice/providence
    impluse/savior/choas/gaia/abyass
    strike/ageis/buster/duel/blitz
    then all those zakus ginns n whatevers

i go with this

gundam classes

thats a really good list, except what purpose does "average rating" serve? it seems the power rating was the most important seeing as how nobody got higher than 6.6

1. SF/IJ/Destiny/Legend
    2. Freedom/Justice/Providence/Akatsuki
    4. Impulse/Saviour/Chaos/Gaia/Abyss
    5. Forbidden/Raider
    6. Strike/Aegis/Duel&lt;--duel is probably there because i like it and yzak better.
    7. Calamity
    8. Buster/Blitz

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Blog Entries

gundam classes

Power Rating was based off the type of energy source. The original gundams all got a 2, since it was a battery with a much smaller capacity as compared to the newer stuff. In comparison, Saviour's battery allowed it to fly from PLANT -&gt; Earth without recharging, trying to do this with something like Strike would be suicide. Strike did get a 3 in power for reasons stated on the list. The second generation Gundams had a larger battery capacity, but it was still nothing compared to Freedom and Justice, who were both nuclear powered. Gaia/Chaos/Abyss/Saviour/Impulse all use the same battery and recharging system, which is immensely better than the original gundams, as noted. The reason Freedom, Justice, and Providence got a 7 for power is because Strike Freedom and infinite Justice are supposed to have upgraded versions of the same reactor, and Destiny uses an even more powerful energy source. I wanted to rank them all differently based on that, so 7 is the original NJC nuclear reactors, 8 are the improved version, and 9 was set aside specifically for Destiny.

The average rating is just the three ratings (melee/ranged/power) added together and divided by three *waves at 3th grade math class* and I used this to rank them in the post since its a simple way to get an idea of their abilities overall, but that doesnt mean they have the same strengths and weaknesses. You have to look at the other ratings to find that out.

gundam classes

Originally posted by: Barumonk
    ........ In comparison, Saviour's battery allowed it to fly from PLANT -&gt; Earth without recharging..........
    wow, i actually never noticed that he went all the way from plant to earth, the deutorion energy must be like super compact energy, or like cold fusion, and seeing how the other 3 never recharged remotely im geussing the force pack on impulse is a real energy sucker ( it does have that awesome shield ), since it was only drained with the force silhouette
    -----------------

gundam classes

A bit of a tangent but who are the DOM troopers? I don't remember seeing them in any episodes but everyone seems to be talkintg about them.

gundam classes

The new people in the opening. Pirate girl and her 2 mateys. (get it? pirate? matey? har har! yarr! damn I did it again, I'm so good! pun power... ehrm anyway)
    They pilot those DOMs that they are standing in front of.