Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Book: Harry Potter -Half Blood Prince-

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoMaster
    That link Masa posted is so tempting to click...but I really wanna be surprised in the final book. Must...refrain...from clicking...

Quick question though...is there a confirmed release date for the final book yet? I want to re-read The Half-Blood Prince a little bit before the the last book comes out.
    I heard a rumor that it's gonna be released 07.07.07-- some gimmick so that they can sell the 7th book in the 7th day of the 7th month of the 7th year. I haven't read any confirmation about that yet but I wouldn't put it past those marketing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    I heard a rumor that it's gonna be released 07.07.07-- some gimmick so that they can sell the 7th book in the 7th day of the 7th month of the 7th year. I haven't read any confirmation about that yet but I wouldn't put it past those marketing people.
    They do things like that all the time. Final Fantasy VIII and the Dreamcast both came out on 9/9/99 (US), for instance.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Masa's link doesn't really give away too much, actually, nothing out of the obvious. Someone has to die, it's not a big deal.

I'm betting at Snape and Harry dying and Hermione and Ron getting together to tell the tales of Harry Potter

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    yes, obviously someone has to die. but the author setting a specific body count for the final installment of a blockbuster literary epic is more than some people may want to just read about over the internet.

i myself, before and after reading that interview believe that Harry will die at the end of the 7th Book. I say this because I house a theory of my own design to explain the parts of plotline remaining for the last book. To sum my theory up, I believe Harry IS the 7th and final Horcrux, and therefore defeating Voldemort involves him killing himself as well.

...unless he's saved by the power of love, or some sentimental shmiznass like that...

i've already said my peace about what I think the deal with Voldemort's Horcruxes are here:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.p...2&postcount=10

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

edit #2: umm, spoiler warning? i have no idea if spoilers are allowed in this thread, so, yeah...

hmm, that news conference went into a lot more detail. here's the summary of it from mugglenet.com (with my own comments added in):

- Other than Harry, Jo would most want to bring Hagrid into the real world.
    - There's more to Aunt Petunia than meets the eye, and we'll find out what's unique about her in book seven.
    - Don't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf.
    - Dumbledore IS really dead. (ha!) "Everyone needs to move through the 5 stages of grief" and get past his death. She also apologizes to DumbledoreIsNotDead.com for ruining the purpose of their site.
    - Jo's future after Potter includes taking a long break from writing. She also plans to release a young children's book (currently half written) that is shorter than any Potter novel.
    - The librarians in the Potter novels have to be evil, otherwise the students would have nice librarians to help them find all the information they need. "Hermione wouldn't have to do any work!"
    - Author Salman Rushdie came up with his son to ask, after a detailed theory, if Snape is good or bad. Jo replied that "your opinion was correct." Rushdie's opinion, unfortunately, was hard to follow.
    - After being asked if there was one question fans should have asked by now but haven't, Jo couldn't reference any question in particular.
    - While taking a shower before the reading today, Jo said that she had come up with a different title for book seven that would work better than her current title. No word on which title will be used, though.
    - Stephen King said he was scared of Death Eaters, to which Jo replied, "I scared Stephen King."
    - Moderator Soledad O'Brien asked the three authors who from their books they'd invite to dinner. Stephen immediately said he'd invite Harry and Hermione.
    - While Jo is listing the characters who she'd invite to dinner, she names the trio but then pauses. The crowd begins to shout out other characters, but Jo responds, "I'm the only one who knows who lives through the series," accidentally implying that she could only list characters who make it through the final book. Her final two choices (after realizing what she said) were Dumbledore and Hagrid. (people seem to think that by naming the trio before pausing to think about people who survive in the end, she accidentally implied that the trio does survive in book seven)

edit: oh yeah, according to hpana.com, "She also suggested there were to be plot twists in book 7 that she didn't think anyone has already or could possibly guess about."
    Last edited by saman; Fri, 08-04-2006 at 12:28 AM.

...Voldermart will die... I bet nobody thought of that.

Seriously though, Voldermart has to die, and then I expect Lupin to save Harry's ass once. They will not kill off Potter because he is fucking Potter.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Still, I don't think Jo would have a problem killing Harry, it's not totally out of the question. She's said that numerous times.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day