Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book: Harry Potter -Half Blood Prince-

Harry Potter- Half Blood Prince- discussion

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    3. Dumbledore would never beg for his life to be spared. Look how calm he was with Draco seconds before.
    Just wanted to point out that the situation was different. He knew that Malfoy wasn't a killer, and wouldn't have the guts to do it, so he just reasoned calmly with him. I agree with all your other points though, especailly number 5. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she did that (I can just imagine all the crazy HP fankids going "omg omg, I can't believe Snape was good! =O" etc etc)
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

i bet now JK Rowling is just sitting in her huge mansion thinking "i'm so evil, these little kid's minds are going to be dead after they read my 7th book" by the way, do you know she's already finished with it?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I havent read book 6 yet.. but I bet in book 7 it will have some anti climatic cliche ending like... Nevele is the chosen one not harry. (If I remember in book 5 they were born on the same day)

i was thinking the same thing, but dumbledore explained in book 6 that in the beginning when the prophecy was made it could have been either nevelle or harry, but since voldemort chose harry, then the prophecy refers to him, and its his destiny.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Originally posted by: SK
    i was thinking the same thing, but dumbledore explained in book 7 that in the beginning when the prophecy was made it could have been either nevelle or harry, but since voldemort chose harry, then the prophecy refers to him, and its his destiny.
    7th book? #6 was just released. And its Neville. And that is a good statement JusDaMan. They both were born in the same day and they both suffered greatly cause of Voldemort. But still I think that it will be Harry who would end it. I think he suffered the most and he arleady accepted himself as the so called "Chosen One".

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

oops meant book 6 hehe. like dumbledore explained the prophecy didnt have to come true at all, it only did because voldemort chose to believe it, and it was only harry because voldemort chose him.

Originally posted by: JusDaMan
    I havent read book 6 yet.. but I bet in book 7 it will have some anti climatic cliche ending like... Nevele is the chosen one not harry. (If I remember in book 5 they were born on the same day)

they werent born on same day, it was just both in end of july. "as the seventh month breaks" <--prophecy
    and also, it has to be harry because "the dark lord will mark him as his equal" thus giving harry the scar and also the ability to speak to snakes, neville doesnt have any of voldermart's great abilities.

and the prophecy was explained in book 5

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    by the way, do you know she's already finished with it?
    i'm pretty sure i read this in an article a long time ago, but i'm under the impression that when rowling started creating the books, she outlined the entire plot from beginning to end. and she had planned 7 books-- one book to represent each year at hogwarts. i think after the outline, it was the matter of filling in all the little details so that took up all time between releases-- that and the fact that somewhere along the way she got married and had babies. Real life does have a habit of getting in the way =P

so to answer ur question: no, she's not done with it but she knows what needs to be written.

yeah, she said she has written the final chapter already, but the book itself isnt complete yet.

I got the book and finished within 2-3 days.

1. Sucked when Dumbledore died, but he might be alive because Harry saw a phoenix when that fire lit up.
    2. Didn't know that Snape was the half blood prince, and that his father was a moogle.
    3. New Malfoy couldn't kill Dumbledore, but damn, I didn't think Snape would do it, but he had to since he was on the Unbreakable Vow.
    4. Harry and Ginny together? Didn't expect that.
    5. It was cool when we finally get to explore some of Voldermorts past, and wierd though how the Salazaar blood line had to marry each others cousin just to keep the bloodline running.
    6. I think Ron and Hermione might hook up.
    7. I also liked the Hocruxes how you can be immortal (kind of) just by taking part of your soul and putting it in an object and possibly "something".
    8. Better spells this time, and sucks for Billy how his faced is all scarred up because of Greyback. And I thought Fleur wasn't going to marry him.
    9. Didn't talk much about Cho.
    10. Snape and Harry fighting was kinda of a cool fight.
    11. Thought Malfoy was going to die, when Harry did that Secumptra spell on him.
    12. Professor McGonagall as Headmaster, knew that.

I don't care what anyone says, Harry Potter books are the shit.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

yeah, she said she has written the final chapter already, but the book itself isnt complete yet.
    really? in some newspaper, it said that she said she finished up to the last word of book 7. I assumed that meant she did the whole book, not just the last chapter...

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    really? in some newspaper, it said that she said she finished up to the last word of book 7. I assumed that meant she did the whole book, not just the last chapter...
    She must be writing the last book now but, since the release of the third or fourth book . She revealed that she has written the last chapter for the seventh book. In which the last word will be scar.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

"as he walked into the sunset, he ripped off his scar..." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] just kidding

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Originally posted by: Paulyboy
    2. Didn't know that Snape was the half blood prince, and that his father was a moogle.

LOL 2. Didn't know that Snape was the half blood prince, and that his father was a moogle.
    Snape's father was a mOOgle? A Mog? My god that makes me laugh, thinking about Snape as half a Moogle half a man. Oh wow, ohh god that image... Puff ball body and greasy black hair ohoh...

Dude, Ron and Hermione getting together is a LONG time coming. The writing has been on the wall since book 3 and this book was filled with their flirtations and jealousy.

Cho. Dumb onna... She was too much of a crybaby for me. Harry's better off with Ginny. I'm glad she wasn't in there as much.

And I highly highly doubt JK Rowling has finished the final book yet because I recently read in an interview that she is "dreading parts of it" and that it upsets her because her children constantly ask her what is going to happen in the end and she can't tell them anything.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

You know. Since the second book. There has been many rumors that Harry might actually die in the seventh book. In one interview a kid asked J.K "why stop at the seventh book, why not continue Harry's life as an adult" in which J.K answered "What makes you think he will live through the last book" in kind of like a teasing matter. I myself think its a plausible idea that one of Voldemorts Horcruxes could be Harry's lightning scar. Once he destroys the soul that remains in Voldemort. He will have no choice but to destroy the horcrux with Voldemorts remaining soul so that he will be completly destroyed. and It ends in a dramatic matter Harry dying. But we don't want Harry to die do we?

maybe we do...couldnt he probably use spectruma to slash the scar out or something? leaving him with a bigger scar, but the horacrux would be out...besides, harry doesnt know how to destroy horcruxes yet does he? since dumbledore destroyed the ring before harry learned about horcruxes and the amulet turned out to be a fake.

Well, I finally finished the book so here's what I have to say about it.

-Dumbledore dying. Man...I couldn't believe it, and who did it! Whether Dumbledore wanted Snape to do it, I don't know but Dumbledore was the man. I'm really gonna miss him.
    -Snape. Sucks. Like I said before, I don't know if Snape was doing it on Dumbledore's orders but I got the impression that he was only doing it to prevent himself from dying from the Unforgivable Vow. I'll probably stick by this until we see what happens in the final book. But wow, I can't believe him. If it was me, I would've chosen death, rather than kill a man who took you into his school despite his dark background and put so much trust and faith in him.
    -Ginny. Man, this was really unexpected. The whole time, I was thinking Harry was gonna knock boots with Cho and here he is, dreaming about making out with his best friend's sister. I thought this went too fast between the both of them.
    -Ron and Hermione. STILL nothing between them. But alot did develop with the both of them so meh.
    -Malfoy. I must say his scheme was pretty clever but who would've thought he couldn't bring himself to kill Dumbledore? And Harry actually felt pity for him...things look to be interesting between Harry and Malfoy in the final book.
    -Horcruxes. Yes, I am sad about the fact that Dumbledore died for nothing because of that fake locket. But R.A.B...I have no clues as to who it could be but I read through the first few posts and Regulus Black seems like the only choice as of now. Maybe when we see Harry go to Godric Hollow, we'll see some more clues? And about Harry being the last Horcrux...that would be kind of interesting. But even if Harry defeats the Horcrux in Voldemort and kills himself...sure, that would make Voldemort mortal again but do you guys think just any old Auror can step up to him and kill him?

I must say the Rowling set up the events for the final book perfectly. I just can't wait!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

I really do hope that Snape killed Dumbledore because that's what Dumbledore pleaded him to do. I don't doubt that he hates Harry Potter's father and Siruis Black, but somehow, I've always been convinced that Snape is the tragic figure of most-misunderstood-and-maligned good guy in the Harry Potter series. Now, all that's left is for him to miraculously save Harry Potter in his showdown with Lord Voldemort! And perhaps sacrifice his own life in the process *sniffle*

I'm kinda confused here, but, can someone please remind me of the relationships between Bellatrix, Narcissa, Snape, Siruis Black and Lucius Malfoy? I remember reading that all the purebloods are related. So...
    Bellatrix & Narcissa = sisters
    Lucius Malfoy & Narcissa = husband & wife
    Narcissa & Snape = ???
    Bellatrix & Snape = ???
    And how does Sirius Black fit into the picture?

I too wonder how the hell Harry Potter is gonna fight with Lord Voldermort in bk7. Man, he's gotta learn to use curses & hexes the silent way during battle. And all that talk about how 'love' is his one power over Lord Voldermort, uughhh that's so cheesy. ><

Originally posted by: smilealwiz
    I'm kinda confused here, but, can someone please remind me of the relationships between Bellatrix, Narcissa, Snape, Siruis Black and Lucius Malfoy? I remember reading that all the purebloods are related. So...
    Bellatrix & Narcissa = sisters
    Lucius Malfoy & Narcissa = husband & wife
    Narcissa & Snape = ???
    Bellatrix & Snape = ???
    And how does Sirius Black fit into the picture?
    Narcissa and Bellatrix don't have any relations to Snape, I believe, other than the fact that they are Death Eaters. Sirius, however, is related to Bellatrix and Narcissa. They are Sirius's cousins.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Originally posted by: Paulyboy

LOL 2. Didn't know that Snape was the half blood prince, and that his father was a moogle.
    Snape's father was a mOOgle? A Mog? My god that makes me laugh, thinking about Snape as half a Moogle half a man. Oh wow, ohh god that image... Puff ball body and greasy black hair ohoh...

Dude, Ron and Hermione getting together is a LONG time coming. The writing has been on the wall since book 3 and this book was filled with their flirtations and jealousy.

Cho. Dumb onna... She was too much of a crybaby for me. Harry's better off with Ginny. I'm glad she wasn't in there as much.

And I highly highly doubt JK Rowling has finished the final book yet because I recently read in an interview that she is "dreading parts of it" and that it upsets her because her children constantly ask her what is going to happen in the end and she can't tell them anything.

Aahaha I meant to say Muggle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], I guess Final Fantasy was stuck in my head
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham