Thread: Japanese Rock

Japanese Rock

hey i listen to L'Arc~en~Ciel, Orange Range, Hyde, Flow, and Asian Kung-fu Generation
    You guys?

I'm official.

Japanese Rock

The pillows, anything by yohko kamo, loudness, and more j-popish, maya sakamoto, and hiyashobara megumi

Japanese Rock

How about High and Mighty Color? I only know one song that they made for the Gundam SEED Destiny 2nd intro, but that song has been my favorite Japanese song ever since I first saw that. I don't know about their other songs though.

Japanese Rock

i like the pillows also

I'm official.

Japanese Rock

I got to see The Pillows perform in Chicago in May for their only American show and their first in over 10 years, the new album is pretty good. But their show was sooooo good

Japanese Rock

Not necessary rock, but mostly jpop that I listen to: Morning musume, Biyuden, Berryz Koubou, Matsuura Aya, Tommy Heavenly6, ZONE, AKFG, Hamasaki Ayumi, Aikawa Nanase, Abe Asami, Gackt, Rie Fu.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Japanese Rock

i like L'Arc, mr. children, and AKFG when it comes to rock. as for jpop i like Sakamoto Maaya, Sowelu, Bonnie Pink, crystal kay, sometimes namie amuro, and most of hamasaki ayumi's songs. no specific order.

Japanese Rock

The best in each category of japanese music:

JPop: Ayumi Hamasaki (she is a godess, all her music is wonderful and means a lot to me)
    JRock: DespairsRay (some would categorize them as metal, but they are mainly rock with a heavy edge... great band)
    JMetal: X-Japan (one of the best bands ever,heavy fucking metal to the core)
    JRap: All japanese rap sucks.

Other good acts which I currently listen quite a bit to: Nami Tamaki (jpop), See-Saw (jpop), Dir en grey (distorted jrock), TM Revolution (jpop with a techno/eurobeat flavor).

That should keep you satisfied.
    And yes, I know that the topic is japanese "rock", but the line is sometimes very thin to draw so... whatever. ;D

Japanese Rock

The Mad Capsule Markets
    Dir en grey
    D'espairsRay
    Undown (band whose guitarist loaned himself to TMCM for a bit, ToruXXX)
    Gazette

More infrequently listened to bands

Gimmiku
    X-Japan

I like a few songs by Ayumi Hamasaki (J-Pop) but I need to search for some more songs once I get some free Hard Drive space. Evolution, Fly High and End of the World are the coolest ones I remember at the moment.

Japanese Rock

bump

anybody hear of animetal? i suggest you all get some of that shit right now

Japanese Rock

JPunk all the way! The Stand Up and GaGaGa SP are my favorite japanese bands right now... Asian Kung FU Generation could qualify as rock, I guess. The Pillows are good, too.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Japanese Rock

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    JRap: All japanese rap sucks.
    ;D
    all japanese rap doesn't suck!!! Have you ever heard M-Flo??

"Boom clap, boom-boom-boom clap, boom clap, boom-boom-boom clap"

Check dat shit out, itz da bomb

(or at least it's good for a laugh)

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Japanese Rock

I listen to .. Glay, Dir en Grey, L'arc en ciel, Malice Mizer, X Japan, Luna sea, Buck tick, Asian Kung Fu generation, Kagerou.. I cant think of anything else jrock/vkei ish I listen to off the top of my head... &gt;&gt;