Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece 151

One Piece 151

And Ace is Whitebeard's loyal subject, who is also said to be the strongest pirate.
    Damn, Whitebeard must be so fucking strong that he can tear apart people by touching them.

Missing Nin

One Piece 151

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    And Ace is Whitebeard's loyal subject, who is also said to be the strongest pirate.
    Damn, Whitebeard must be so fucking strong that he can tear apart people by touching them.
    actually I believe it said Whitebeard the worlds strongest man. Which to me means he's physically the strongest. There is nothing to say Whitebeard is the worlds strongest pirate beyond his physical strengh.

One Piece 151

Here's a question.....how do those 5 main guys compare to the other rulers that make up the world government? Like Cobra and Wapol, for example. Maybe THEY make up the 3rd power.......marines, pirates, and village rulers

idk.....
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

One Piece 151

Originally posted by: DDBen
    Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    actually I believe it said Whitebeard the worlds strongest man. Which to me means he's physically the strongest. There is nothing to say Whitebeard is the worlds strongest pirate beyond his physical strengh.
    Only that he is the only person known to rival Gol D. Roger, who is known as the Greatest Pirate... says a lot about who he is...

One Piece 151

And that he is the closest at becoming the pirate king right now
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

One Piece 151

Yeah, but the guy looks like he's clinging to life now. He has to breath artificially for god sakes!!

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

One Piece 151

who cares how he has to breath.

dieing ppl are always ultra strong in animes

One Piece 151

(whitebeard) his nurses are hot ^^ and shit he's got like 3-4 of them always around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

maybe he's not dying, just gotta keep his blood pressure down or something or else he'll get pissed and destroy everything (since he's suppose to be strong as hell)

One Piece 151

And I agree that if a character's name is Whitebeard or Blackbeard then they should actually have a beard. Maybe the manga-ka borrowed the names from English without knowing exactly what the meant...[/quote]

If you were listening during the show, Edward Newgate's title was Shiro-Hige, not "white beard," and Marshall D. Teaches' title was Kuro-Hige, not "black beard." Now I'm no expert on the Japanese language, but I've heard the word "Hige" used enough to conclude that it means neither mustache nor beard, but just facial hair. And since "hige" is an all-encompassing word, Kaizoku-fansubs probably decided to use an English equivalent that would best reflect the Western influences seen in One Piece by sticking to traditional and familiar pirate names.

Man I've never become so excited for a children's anime series before. This is just incredible. The number of cast there are now and the way they all blend together in the story is just so much fun to watch. I'm absolutely beside myself at how much Oda omits from the story and yet is able to hold my interest. Episode 151 just reinforces this belief. I worried that Luffy's cross with Bellamy would be drawn out but was relieved that he was just brushed aside for the sake of the story and not some sales pulling episode-long battles.

I can't wait for more.

One Piece 151

so when did one piece become a children's series : O , the drawings are just oda's style. But there is a serious tone in the story line.

Or maybe its like harry potter. Its meant for kids. But the majority who reads the books it are adults.

One Piece 151

One Piece isn't meant for children any more than Naruto is.

Also, Autophage, your point becomes quite moot because Blackbeard (or Blackmoustasche...) doesn't even have a moustasche.
    He's a bit unshaven yes, but it's not a moustasche like the one Whitebeard has.

I am also quite sure that "beard" was Oda's idea of translating hige because *color*beard names were typical of pirates.