Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 reasons to watch Gundam Seed: Special Edition

3 reasons to watch Gundam Seed: Special Edition

I just finished watching the 3 gundam seed special editions.
    For those who don't know, it's basically all of Gundam Seed summarized in 3 parts, each being 90 minutes.

Well what can I say? They sucked mostly, awful editing and mysterious choices of scenes to leave intact.
    But occasionally there were some new scenes and shots, and I'm going to save you all the trouble of downloading and watching the special editions by giving them you right now! Yeah! So with no further ado...

Reason 1: Flay's ass
    Totally unnecessary addition, but for some reason it's there and we aren't complaining now are we?

Reason 2: Cagalli's sexual shower desire
    Seriously, look at that posture. It's enough to make any fanboy drool.
    And my dear lord, is that a nipple?

Reason 3: (GRAND SLAM REASON)

FREAKIN' ZAFT GRADUATION!
    Fanservice is always nice, but this is even better. Especially considering that it looks so similar to the graduation shot of the Destiny crew. Yzak looks so young and innocent, and Dearka looks as self-confident as always. It might just be me, but I think that things like that are really cool. I mean they could easily have ignored including a shot like that, but they did anyway just because they know that we want to see it.

By the way, see Rusty in the background to the right? No wonder that guy got shot so quickly, you shouldn't be allowed to live with a haircut like that. It looks a bit like Auel's only... wrong.

On a whole other note, Miguel has the same haircut as I have right now. Interesting.

*drools*

They dont pack enough new scenes to warrent me to watch the whole series over again. If they added something significantly important I would consider it.

Well it's not like you watch the entire series again, it's 50 episodes converted into 270 minutes.
    If each episode is 20 minutes, then you are only watching 13 and a half episodes, time-wise.

Rusty doesn't look that bad. A kinda generic anime haircut but nothing really wrong with it. Now the dude in green should be shot just for that haircut man that's awful, add to that how he actually looks. Damn what an ugly guy.

Terra how big was the SE file? Thinking about downloading it.

Hmm... I guess I have to watch it some day.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

I watched it and was pretty "Meh" about the whole thing.

Some cool shots and did well to remind me about stuff from Seed that I'd totally forgotten about. Some nice fan service too...

But I would never recommend this to anyone who has actually seen Seed unless you're like me and can't get enough Gundam, even if its repackaged old eps. Go outside or read a book instead. But for people watching Destiny who've never seen Seed, this is a good way to do it if you dont have the time to watch all of Seed (which is what you should do)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Having seen GS is the only reason I haven't bothered to get this.

Hmm where to find it, a torrent for it?

Found something that should be it but i doesn't has the
    scenes described.

can you post 1 and 2?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

have to agree, i didn't like the short versjon of the series...it's like...a long preview...

I know Ani-Kraze subbed it but took it offline, Terra would you by any chance know any other places in which hosts those torrents?

Hmm... actually... if the dude second to the right is Rusty, then I have his haircut kinda. Not so orange, but close b/c I got it a little bleached. Um... so..... yeah. Terra. They're all so cute! :3

www.boxtorrents.com

Has the entire Special Edition (3 parts) by Ani-Kraze, roughly 4 gigs in size. DVD rip too.

Also, I recommend that you actually see regular Seed before this because the SE's pacing is hideous.
    You'll be like "wtf just happened?" constantly if you don't know what really happens between their cuts.
    That being said, you should DEFINITELY see the SEs even if you saw the TV series... don't see it as a substitute, see it as an addition. Because when you've seen the SEs and puzzle together the new scenes with the TV series, the whole thing becomes even better. If you get what I mean.

That's my 2 cents on them anyway.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. There is another reason to watch the special editions, being that you get to see a few scenes about Azrael's past... explaining why he became racist, more or less.

I don't think that was in the original series, but I might be wrong. Been a while since I saw it.

Here's a few more new scenes for those of you who can't bring yourselves to downloading the SEs (shame on you):

- In part 1, there is a scene with Rusty in the beginning (he's a bit like Nichol and asks the other ZAFT guys if what they are doing really is right)
    - In part 1, Kira has a nightmare of getting killed by Yzak (if only it was real)
    - In part 3, you can now see Rau's face when he loses his mask at the Mendel base (and he doesn't even look freaky... in fact, he's quite handsome. weird [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])
    - In part 3, there's a new scene where Kira talks with Lacus about his parents (I think that scene is new anyhow because I really can't remember it!)
    - In part 3, Mwu's helmet is removed (old news but yeah)

Also, there is a big change that is worthy of pointing out.
    In the SE, Clotho isn't killed by Yzak. Instead, Dearka shoots him down immeditely after Athrun kills Orga. And it's really weird too because it's in the middle of the fight and all of a sudden Raider stops moving and Dearka shoots him. Damn, I'm so glad it wasn't like that in the TV series. Partly because it was Yzak's kill (!!!111) but also because it was mad cool to see Clotho go insane (more insane than usual anyhow).

(O_O) naked cagalli........................................... .......... *faints*

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    - In part 3, you can now see Rau's face when he loses his mask at the Mendel base (and he doesn't even look freaky... in fact, he's quite handsome. weird
    Gundam golden rule of thumb: All masked villians are handsome.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I think SE is worth seeing for anyone who really liked SEED or Destiny at all. Even if it is just a brief refresher, some of the new scenes are pretty cool. I just wish they added more stuff with Andy in the desert.

That place over there........ahh never mind

Unknown knowledge time: Did you know in GSD ep 36 when they give that little montage of Meryin looking at Athruns info(along with other things) you can see the pic that Terra posted of their graduation. just something I noticed.

R.I.P Captain America.

really? anyways, isn't Zips played on the dvd? that's another reason to watch it, IMO.

I was hooked right at the part with Cagalli and Flay lol, and thats more than enough reason for me to watch it IMO.