Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Phase 37 Discussion

Phase 37 Discussion

I must take this opportunity

to once again stress

how fucking much I LOVE this scene!

Before this scene, I liked Kira & Shinn equally (which both were in the "I don't care particularly about them" casket). But now, SHINN FOR THE WIN! It was so sad and the way Shinn is attempting to hug her, yet still hesitating because he doesn't know if it's right, is just so much more human than Kira ever was. LOVE!

Also, I really dig how Lunamaria doesn't do the typical anime cliche girl gig. Any given girl would be like "OMG YOU KILLED MY SISTER I KNOW YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE BUT I WILL HATE YOU ANYWAY" and then be a bitch the rest of the series (read: Flay). But Luna is a mature girl who, while naturally saddened beyond belief, realizes that Shinn is her friend and that he suffers almost as much as she does.

GUNDAM SEED DESTINY OWNS ALL

(but it would own even more if Yzak was in every episode)

Phase 37 Discussion

Psyche:
    Athrun selfdestructed the Aegis, he was like 100 metes away when Aegis exploded, so it don't count [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Also, Kira was aiming only to disable Windam, not to destroy it. That's 5 gundams destroyed with 6 people alive in 87 episodes. And Michel, Tolle, Astray girls, Extended 1, Extended 2, Extended 3 (i don't know names), La Kruuze, Haine, Auel, Sting, and Stella are DEAD. And some characters caused quite a mess while they looked dead, (Andy, Mwu (twice), Kira (twice)), even when they survided. And also characters sentenced to death (Kira, Shinn, Deakka, Yzak, maybe even Athrun by his father).

In comparsion, in Naruto, there are 2 dead characters from the "good" side (3th and Hayate) and 7 characters from the "evil" side (sound five, zabuza and zaku, eh, i mean haku) in 140 episodes.

Interesting ratio - GS is pretty deadly and I like it because of it.

Terra:
    It's sad they will build relationship on death of someone who is alive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

btw, Meyrin is more than we think - on bakaupdates , there is one anime right under GSD from haroharotoritori, subbed by some group named ... MEYRIN. is she member of Illuminati or something?

Phase 37 Discussion

Good episode, it shows how Shinn is starting to realise he is a puppet now, we also know that he still has some "light side" within him... just someone needs "amplify" it.

I would think he did not purposely aim for the cockpit, something must of hit his mind and purposely missed.

But, I still hate Shinn for even attempting to kill Merilyn, IT WAS LUNAMARIA'S SISTER!!!!, it's a sin to kill nice looking women due to the fact they are so rare. (its anime, but hey).

Glad to see Cagalli's Bodyguard (sorry, forgot name) back in action.

I had thought the crew would bash the crap out of Shinn when he returned to Minerva, or even Lunamaria slapping Shinn (wish she did, tell him to wake up).

Phase 37 Discussion

You forgot Dosu, Zaku & Kin from Naruto telemari. But other than that, yeah, you're right. I love the "deadliness" of Seed/Destiny and I actually wouldn't mind even more deaths [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's just too bad that you can't be sure that an explosion kills something. I mean, when something blows up I -want- to think "He/she/it is fucked". But the effect of this is like "oh, an explosion, I wonder if he/she/it survived?". I don't like that :/

Phase 37 Discussion

Terra: Yeah. I knew there are more bad guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And you're right with that explosions.

Also, what exactly exploded in Freedom and GOUF (it's abbreviation, isn't it)? Normal MS hit by shinn makes really small explosion, but when plot says, it's explosion that can take out half of a city (we have small cities here in Europe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]). That goes for Murasame (small explosin when hit by shinn, but BOOOOOM when crushed on Minerva), Freedom (we can say that it was a reactor, even though reactors can't explode like this) and GOUF (wtf?). or maybe just ZAFT suits are more explosive? Have anyone noticed "warning, high eplosive mobile suit" label on them?

... it looks we are returning to cynical reactions [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phase 37 Discussion

the writers probbaly just exagerate the cliffhangers so the viewer is hooked like when freedom blew up everbody wanted to watch episode 35 to find out if kira was dead (which means more ratings) take a look a back when the minerva shot the tanhauser at the archangel doesnt anyone think that explosion was just overkill. seriously that was something else and makes one wonder how did they survive

Phase 37 Discussion

just finished watching the episode and i must say that Shinn's behavious in this episode is a little contradictive
    first he's doubting, then he's resolute and attacks, and then he's doubting again,
    both Athrun and Rey trying to convince/persuade him isn't really helping either ofcourse,
    which in my book is another 2 points to add making Shinn the #1 on my fav list
    i also have to agree with Terra on that particular scene, it was splendid
    furthermore, before Minerva/Talia was on Dullindal's top priority but know he pushed her aside,
    increasing the doubt of Talia more i assume
    i also have the feeling that in nature Rey is more extreme then Dullindal, since to a point Dullindal is relying on Rey for his intel, and thus Rey can filter it as he sees fit (assumptions of mine here)

i won't give an opinion on either Destiny or Legend yet, since it's obvious that when it comes to what they're capable of we haven't even scratched the surface yet
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Phase 37 Discussion

Finally, some character development for Shinn. At first he was all like "screw you, zaft is always right, orb sucks, and I'm going to kill you". Now he is starting to think more and deciding what is really right.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

super_sayayin

Phase 37 Discussion

does anyone have any idea how athrun gets infinite justice? does he steal it or does lacus give it to him

Phase 37 Discussion

maybe if meyrin really has some info, she can help them steal or even build it. but i think that was just excuse for rey to force shinn fire .

Phase 37 Discussion

only one problem

the new units have . . . .

pink seatbelts

they must be destroyed!

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Phase 37 Discussion

Anyone who says "A true man wears pink" should be burned alongside his pink wear.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: telemari
    maybe if meyrin really has some info, she can help them steal or even build it. but i think that was just excuse for rey to force shinn fire .
    i thought that they didn't tell Shinn untill the "debriefing" in Dullindal's office
    so it's most likely just a set up by Dullindal to give a valid reason why Meyrin was with Athrun and why they had to be shot down

Phase 37 Discussion

Both Destiny and legend look gay.

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: Deblas
    Anyone who says "A true man wears pink" should be burned alongside his pink wear.
    Meh you're just jealous that you don't look as good in watermelon shirts as I do.

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: super_sayayin
    does anyone have any idea how athrun gets infinite justice? does he steal it or does lacus give it to him
    if you wanna know dont ask in this thread you might get someone in trouble go to the upcoming events seed destiny toughts thread of the forum you might find the answer there

Phase 37 Discussion

Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice will be given to them by God. it'll drop out of the sky and fall right on them, killing them in the process. so there ya go

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: Deblas

Likewise, any man who can't stand a simple color isn't a man.

OT though, I think there's some good character development for Shinn in this episode also. I feel like Shinn is going to end up sacrificing his life for the survival of some other character(s), and if it was for AA it would just come full circle.

It's interesting how much political commentary the writers put into these stories. Like how much about facism is currently being shown in this episode even though in the beginning of the series it seemed like ZAFT was very free and understanding. Now there's a lot of the "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

Hence why I don't think it makes sense that Dullindal brings out the order to shoot down AA and Freedom - it seems like just a political maneuver rather than for actually providing for an end to war. If ZAFT were teamed up with AA then it would have that much more power... but alas, it is not so. It seems to make sense that he's gotten the world going against LOGOS considering that they did start the war in a way.

... but there's also the loose end of who brought the terrorists to bring Junius 7 down to strike Earth. Is it possible that Gil is being a hypocrite in starting a war to gain control of the earth?

Phase 37 Discussion

Gil most likely wanted AA out for he knows that her crew would not join Gil's cause for the war, his chosen targets, Logos and the real Lacus were obstacles to his ruling of the earth. Lacus would not support his cause and Logos would create more weapons for more fighting, any new faction could rise up and content with Gil for earth.

For the terrorists, it was probably made known to Gil that they existed but he chose not to interfere with them, and knowing their stance on the government, let their hatred for it grow. I assumed the only involvement of Gil in the case is that he perhaps supplied them with the technology and mobile suits for their operation secretly. They would carry out the operation and ZAFT was made to look good by at least attempting to stop Junius 7 and helping those affected on ground.
    Amaya, the Tauren Warrior

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: DragonBladeX
    They would carry out the operation and ZAFT was made to look good by at least attempting to stop Junius 7 and helping those affected on ground.
    but if that was their intention you must admit it totally backfired, because the hatred for coordinators as a whole just rose to a boiling point after the Junius 7 incident
    but then on the other hand i'm still wondering who or what group is responsible for the attempt to assassinate Lacus
    perhaps that was Dullindal's first attempt to get rid of his opposition, perhaps it was the same group that caused the Junius 7 incident (with or without Dullindal's discrete help), perhaps it was a totally different group that had some grudge against Lacus
    i'm really hoping we'll get an answer to that because if they don't give me an answer before Destiny ends i might get (more) insane