Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 37 Discussion

Phase 37 Discussion

Hmm seems like quite the episode. Still it sounds like Athrun really didn hold his own that well. It was just a matter of Shinn deciding whether to finish him off or not. Waiting for the Sub to come out. So is Shinn gonna get any saner or is he just getting worse?

Blog Entries

Phase 37 Discussion

The return of Erika Simmons! The only female in GS to rival Lacus with the number of mobile suits in her garage.

Phase 37 Discussion

Shinn is definitely getting "saner" (I don't regard him as insane), since this is a crucial event for him... for the first time being forced to choose between duty and friends.
    I think he'll learn a lot from this.

Phase 37 Discussion

destiny definitely showed it's strength but legend's funnels weren't even used @ all wonder who pilots destroy now. wonder if infinite justice and strike freedom can move like destiny.

Phase 37 Discussion

They can probably move faster since they are powered by some new, greater energy source. And whoever predicted that Kisaka would save Athrun in one of the other threads was correct (can't remember who).

Phase 37 Discussion

Did anyone else think that Legend and Destiny's Barrier/shield seemed a bit unfair? I wonder if IJ and SF also will be such unfair suits....

Phase 37 Discussion

Don't worry, they would also be as equipped as Destiny and Legend are. I heard Freedom has also a beam shield generator.

Phase 37 Discussion

Yeah they definitely are

Infinite Justice
    Strike Freedom

As the line art at Mahq shows, the both carry beam shield generators. Infact, so does the Dom trooper

Phase 37 Discussion

woho, that is some great ****...

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
    Did anyone else think that Legend and Destiny's Barrier/shield seemed a bit unfair? I wonder if IJ and SF also will be such unfair suits....
    lol what? who designs a military unit to be "fair"? the idea of a weapon is to do its job efficiently and quickly, with its job being to kill or disable as many enemy units as possible without sustaining damage. besides, nothing in anime is absolute, i.e., if the director wants, say, destinys' beam saber to stab through freedoms beam shield or vice versa, its going to happen, regardless of if its impenetrable or not. the only thing that makes things "fair" or "unfair" as you say, are if the director wants us to feel one way or another, and even then fuk(up)uda could mess up and make the battle retarded. so pretty much, it comes down to what suit they want you to think is cooler, and to get you to buy the models of said cool suit. lol its about moving merchandise people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Phase 37 Discussion

Woot watching raw, tis great.

Shinn finally showed that he was capable of regretting something he did! That makes me like him 1000000 times more. Not as much as Kira, but hey. This episode puts him up there. Not like Rey, whom I like less and less. Oh well.

Cant wait to see more of Destiny... was it just me, or was it unholy fast once it broke out the beam wings?

Also, was it just me or did it really look like Shinn INTENTIONALLY missed the GOUF's cockpit?

Cant wait for the Sub. WHEEEE!

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
    lol what? who designs a military unit to be "fair"? the idea of a weapon is to do its job efficiently and quickly, with its job being to kill or disable as many enemy units as possible without sustaining damage. besides, nothing in anime is absolute, i.e., if the director wants, say, destinys' beam saber to stab through freedoms beam shield or vice versa, its going to happen, regardless of if its impenetrable or not. the only thing that makes things "fair" or "unfair" as you say, are if the director wants us to feel one way or another, and even then fuk(up)uda could mess up and make the battle retarded. so pretty much, it comes down to what suit they want you to think is cooler, and to get you to buy the models of said cool suit. lol its about moving merchandise people [img][/img]

Wow, talk about being cynical...

Phase 37 Discussion

well, i dunno, i wouldnt say cynical, its just fact that we are part of a business demographic, and alot of people dont really think about it objectively and say stupid things.

with that said, im still gonna finish watching the show, and im curious about how future character interactions are going to play out, but the way the show has been packaged and how it is so easy to get spoiled, im not really as emotionally invested with the characters as was fukudas intent. (i guess im just overall disappointed with GSD, but i feel obligated to watch the rest of it to justify watching more than half of the series in the first place. its a vicious cycle, lol)

anyway, on a lighter note, im definitely looking forward to the appearance of the DOM trooper, Dom is my favorite zeon mobile suit after all

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Phase 37 Discussion

I'm seeing things again. Is it just me or is it that Rey's gundam looks like Providence from the Gundam Seed, the one that Rau used in the end to fight Kira and Mwu?
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Phase 37 Discussion

It does, in fact, the similarity is probably there to further fuel the Rey/Rau connection.
    Also, it has those newtype-powered funnel thingies (DRAGOON system I think they call it in the Seed universe) since Rey is one of few characters in Seed who can use them.

(which makes me wonder, how could Gil be planning to give it to Athrun... he can't control those, can he?)

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Phase 37 Discussion

I'm not sure what the DRAGOON system is, but I'm guessing it's all based on the skills of the pilot, it could be something only very skilled pilots can use, something like the ZERO system from Gundam Wing, but then again, I don't know jack, so, don't talk anything I say too seriously.

EDIT:Rey can't be the only one who knows how to use it, Destiny, Shinn's gundam has the same system. I'm seriously guessing skilled pilots, Kira and Athrun should handle it, no problem.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    It does, in fact, the similarity is probably there to further fuel the Rey/Rau connection.
    Also, it has those newtype-powered funnel thingies (DRAGOON system I think they call it in the Seed universe) since Rey is one of few characters in Seed who can use them.

(which makes me wonder, how could Gil be planning to give it to Athrun... he can't control those, can he?)
    in episode 36, Dullindal explained that the control mechanism for the DRAGOON system has been upgraded so that it can be controlled by anyone
    well anyone as in a pilot skilled enough to be given the suit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Phase 37 Discussion

Interesting ep. Destiny is really something. Love that after-image effect. I think Shinn is almost to that point of no return though. Rey just keeps on using Shinn. Man Rey is annoying. I wonder what Shinn's face will look like when he sees that Kira, Athrun, and Mayrin are all still alive?

Phase 37 Discussion

nice eps, athrun came through shin a little, ray is gay as usual, and why didn't rey use the dragoon system?
    it was sad too see luna cry..

i like ads too!! alpha 3 is coming out , can't wait!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Phase 37 Discussion

Originally posted by: oyabin
    nice eps, athrun came through shin a little, ray is gay as usual, and why didn't rey use the dragoon system?
    it was sad too see luna cry..

i like ads too!! alpha 3 is coming out , can't wait!!![img][/img]
    I'm thinking that the Dragoons may not be able to fly in gravity?

Not like they needed it.