Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly gundams

Ugly gundams

Is it just me or are these gundams so damn ugly.
    I mean the collors, the mech itself is cool looking
    but what is up with red blue and yellow all in one
    and horrible combinations

I mean what is this show only for kids under 12?

Gundam related, thus moved to Gundam Seed Destiny forums.

GotWoot Moderator

My mistake

Ugly gundams

don't mock gundam seed/destiny gundams, some of us may think that the gundams from ur favorite series r ugly too but we don't say anything

Ovan, The Rebirth

Ugly gundams

What the hell gundams are you talking about?
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Ugly gundams

Indeed, what is he talking about...

I think most of the Gundams in SEED and Destiny look good.

Ugly gundams

I am guessing he talks about the colors of the main gundam.
    I'm not sure how he relates the color combination of blue, red and white to children though.

Ugly gundams

He just whant's uber black gundams thats it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Ugly gundams

I fail to see how a mix up of colors makes this a show for kids under 12. Besides, the colors seem fine to me. Freedom being my favorite [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Ugly gundams

I wonder why the first gundam, the heros gundam, does have the red, yellow and blue colour scheme (Impulse (It does change i know but the primary colours are still there), Strike, Wing/Wing Zero, Gundam X all share the same colours) and why the baddys if you wanna call them that have better colours E.g Aegis/Justice, Duel/Buster, Chaos, Abyss, Gaia etc etc Only since id be cool to see something like Aegis as the Hero's Gundam...

Ugly gundams

Maybe he is talking about Impulse which I never was a humongous fan of though I didn't hate it.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Ugly gundams

I don't know, I found the Impulse alright, when only in the first form, red with swords, everything else just looks weird for it.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Ugly gundams

Aegis/Justice is almost as much a lead gundam as Strike/Freedom is in SEED as both Kira and Athrun are main characters.

Ugly gundams

this topic doesn't make sense anymore

Ovan, The Rebirth

Ugly gundams

the reason that all gundams pretty much have the red blue yellow color scheme dates back to 1979 when the original mobile suit gundam aired. originally, the gundam was going to look like this">http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/msv/rx-78-3.htm[/S</a> [&lt;---if that link doesnt work, its pretty much an all white gundam with a couple red details](with a few minor differences, sorry i couldnt find the real lineart for the proposed first iteration of gundam), but the color scheme was changed due to bandai's request for a more "toyetic" design. as an aside, "gundam" was almost called "gunboy", but the name was taken already, thankfully. oh also the original ookawara designs for gundam and zaku had a more 'knights armor' look to them, damn, i wish i could find that lineart!!!

Edit: actually back in the day bandai didnt have the lisense to gundam products yet, many companies made gundam merchandise including clover and popy among many, many, MANY others, thusly the blame for the decision to change the color scheme for gundam falls squarely on the shoulders of sunrise execs hehe

Ugly gundams

Seems like you know what you are talking about Astronopolis
    Thats what i mean they (i mean ALL GUNDAMS) look like big toys
    with all those outragous colors, i mean did these mech designers ever think of
    nice metallic or two tone grey mechs or the colors used on the mechs in Z.O.E.
    are also good.
    These gundam colors just make it look like they had to sell the show to some hyper little kids.

Ugly gundams

Originally posted by: Celestine sama
    Seems like you know what you are talking about Astronopolis
    Thats what i mean they (i mean ALL GUNDAMS) look like big toys
    with all those outragous colors, i mean did these mech designers ever think of
    nice metallic or two tone grey mechs or the colors used on the mechs in Z.O.E.
    are also good.
    These gundam colors just make it look like they had to sell the show to some hyper little kids.
    yeah, pretty much all gundam color schemes are a nod to the original gundam of old, and its not that they're marketed to hyper little kids, thats just the way toys and stuff looked like back then, so its kind of like a fusion of old and new. besides, if everything was grey and mettalic, it really wouldnt be gundam, the outlandish colors and distinct look is what makes it gundam. if it were any other way, it'd be just another giant mecha show.

Ugly gundams

SEED and Destiny does have a lot of animation eyecandy, but if thats all u see in the show are shiny animation, and exploding things, then ur missing out

colours etc is just a minor thing, kinda like how the colour orange and red is suppose to make someone hungry,, u wouldnt buy a burger that tastes bad just cause of the orange and red wrapping,, so u shouldnt watch destiny just for the shiny bright colours ~

Ugly gundams

if u don't like how gundams look then y the hell r u watching it then?

Stop typing like this is an AOL channel. User proper English.

GotWoot Moderator

Ovan, The Rebirth

Ugly gundams

I am not watching it anymore cause of the colors.

and yea Astronopolis maybe only grey tones and metallic are boring and these colors are what make the gundam, gundam.

But if you know Z.O.E. or the second runner, there are many colors in there but they just look better, to me that is.

Ugly gundams

a rather shallow reason to stop watching if you ask me but still, it's your choice
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Ugly gundams

G-3 gundam was all gray i think ~ i say the head, like the horns, eyes make a gundam a gundam

i havent seen Z.O.E or second runner,, but dont tell me u only watched them cause of the colours

oh and *edit*

prolly almost all anime is geared towards kids under 12 etc watever,, it just depends wat the kid/viewer sees in the anime, some might see a decent story, others just big explosions, u can argue about both, but in the end show serves its purpose by entertaining people