Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on Rey

Some thoughts on Rey

Ok , first off, I believe that Rey is the Stellar to GIl's Neo. The way he acts seems similar, though not to the extent of Stellar and Neo.

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if Rey was a clone of Raww. Certainly would explain a lot of things...also, that could be why he kept egging Shinn on when it came to fighting the AA and Freedom.

Finally, remember the Druggie pilots from SEED? I remember at the beginning of Destiny, someone (Neo I believe) compared them to Sting, Auel and Stellar, saying that they were "Better than the other three."

Well, judging from his reaction to finding that lab, I believe that he had something to do with the whole Extended thing. Maybe he's one himself, just not to the degree of Stellar and co.

All in all, after watching 36, quite a few things concerning Rey are made clearer to me.

Some thoughts on Rey

Lenghty post ahead!

When it comes to Rey I see it as such that he is either...

A. Rau's clone. This would explain the reaction he has with Neo (read: Mwu) as well as similarities and whatnot.
    B. Rau's son. Again, similarities and newtype reactions.

Personally I'm quite sure that it's A, for another reason as well.
    Remember the flashback where a little Rey runs around with both of his "fathers"? He's just a little kid there, yet Gil & Rau don't look much younger than they did later on.
    This leads me to believe that perhaps Rey has grown up faster than he should have, which means that he's inherited Rau's "rapid aging" genes.
    That is the main reason to why I believe he's a clone, because being one he'd naturally have the rapid aging as well.

Does this sound sane?
    As for his reaction to the lab, it is possible that he was "created" there?

Totally crazy theory: Remember Auel's "mother"? She did look a lot like Rey right? Imagine that Rau was there and knocked up the nurse, creating little Rey who then grew up at the lab? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Can't wait to find out about all this. I'm desperately hoping that Rey is more than just another clone though. I'm quite tired of clones at this point...

What we can say for sure though is that Rey loves Rau & Gil, seeing as he follows Gil's orders and treats him like a father. Also, the flashback of Rey's when Providence blew up indicates that Rau's death meant a lot to Rey.

But why would Rau clone himself?
    Again, I have two theories:

A. He knew that his time was short, what's with the aging and whatnot. Thus, he wanted to "recreate" himself.
    B. He wanted a "heir" to his ambition of destroying mankind.

B is more likely in this case. Quite possibly Gil eventually came to share Rau's views on mankind, and is behind the scenes trying to achieve what Rau aspired to towards the end of Seed. But still, I am sure that there is much more to it than this... and again, CAN'T WAIT!

Finally, Rey rules. Such an intriguating character.

Some thoughts on Rey

Heh, the nurse sure did look a lot like Rey.
    But I think Rey was just imitating her(it uh, was a her right?). I don't think there related. I think he is Rau's clone. Or perhaps he was a second clone of Mwu's father, but was in stasis until Rau activated him.

Some thoughts on Rey

Well i think the Rey is Gay with the Zaft Chairman. or either i mistaken other then that hes coo

Some thoughts on Rey

Yeah, of course.
    The fact that Rey actually hugged another man (god forbid that men ever show affection) clearly indicates that he has an affair with a man whom he sees as a father.
    Thank you for this deep and astonishing insight in the psyche of a homosexual male.

Moron.

Some thoughts on Rey

lol, good response terra =D

Some thoughts on Rey

grrr... rey... well i knew he was a bad guy from the start, but i just didnt know how loong it would take for that to show.
    I feel that its going to be Athrun who kills him and not kira (assuming he dies, just like raww) because its always him who tells athrun to stop and stuff... kira has no connections with rey (excluding the fact of raww again) therefore athrun will battle him.
    Rey is a cool character, but just not enough character development yet...(comparing to kira/athrun/shinn)

Some thoughts on Rey

rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point. i dont know what are his motives. but he seems like a bad guy, i dunno how he got the pictures of athrun, kira and co. talking. i dout they will mention anything about Rey, he's like GIL's puppet. i dont think GIL knows anything much sense the old mask dude was his mentor. i dout he know anything about war, or even fought in a actual war.

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: TheFlash
    rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point. i dont know what are his motives. but he seems like a bad guy, i dunno how he got the pictures of athrun, kira and co. talking. i dout they will mention anything about Rey, he's like GIL's puppet. i dont think GIL knows anything much sense the old mask dude was his mentor. i dout he know anything about war, or even fought in a actual war.
    He got the Pictures from Gil who got them from Talia who got them from Lunamaria when seh spied on Athrun. I believe he was one of the other clones of Mwu's father who didnt die when Rau burned down the La Flaga House and ran off with Rau to Plant and had a brotherly connection with Rau and an Uncle sorta connection with Gil.

I also theorize that Gil is a Natural not a Co-ordinator and thats reason why he couldnt have a child with Talia (Hence he adopted Rey when Rau died)...

Some thoughts on Rey

Rey being either a clone or a child of someone, i'll leave that for the show to reveal (if they will reveal it)
    but saying that Rey is just a puppet of Dullindal is selling Rey short i believe
    i honestly believe that Rey is the Rau in this series, and seeing as how Rau initially followed every order of Patrick Zara and didn't reveal his true motives untill the latter of the episodes (46 through 50, from memory)
    i think Rey has some tricks up his sleeves

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Yeah, of course.
    The fact that Rey actually hugged another man (god forbid that men ever show affection) clearly indicates that he has an affair with a man whom he sees as a father.
    Thank you for this deep and astonishing insight in the psyche of a homosexual male.

Moron.
    *applauds*

nothing more to say on that matter

edit: @ LokeXero "the only way to live a good life is to act on your emotions" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Some thoughts on Rey

Indeed, claiming that Rey is a puppet is to vastly misunderstand his character.
    His actions, which seem to follow Gil no matter what, can be seen as a type of puppetry from Gil's side but Rey doesn't mind his orders apparently. I'm quite sure that Rey already knows of whatever plan is taking place behind the scenes, thus is just going along with the flow to realize it.

Originally posted by: TheFlash
    rey is gay period, i think the anime wouldn't say he's gay officially, but u get the point.
    lol, right... NOT.

Some thoughts on Rey

My guess is that Rey is in on most things Dullinandal is up to. They seem to be very close and Rey seems to know alot more than he is saying.

As for him being a clone, i guess there is a possibility that he is a clone of Rau or Mwu's father but i personally don't want him to be. I'm tired of clones and all that. Neo possibly being a Mwu clone and Mia-Lacus stuff is enough of that. Note that i am not saying that Neo is a Mwu clone only that it was discussed.

Not much more to say about Rey really Terra took care of most of it.

One last thing, lolzor rey is a fag lolzor!!!111 Ehrm, yea i'm also tired of all the gay talk.

Some thoughts on Rey

ohk..so what if you people think the same? are you proud of it? hahaha...anyway go rey pride!

Some thoughts on Rey

Hey retard, if you won't contribute to the thread don't post.

There is no reason to make fun of people for their opinion and to answer your question, no i'm not proud because i have an opinion. Is that something to be proud of?

Some thoughts on Rey

I get the feeling that Rey is like Rau and Prayer. All clones of Mwu's father. The similarities between the three's looks is too similar. Newtype reactions and shared VA. But with how he had those weird flashbacks when going to the facility. Its like they knew the place was there before hand while they had the talking scene. Just were surprised that Rey had the reaction he did to that place. I was under the impression that the Captain hadn't reported those images to the chairman and kept them to herself and Rey had gotten ahold of them. But I suppose she did report him. Alot of people were wondering if Rey was an extended. The way he went all "happy" that episode when he ran up and hugged the chairman was like what happened to the three Extended when the flares went up. I doubt Rey is gay but he's definately been altered mentally with his responses. I mean to be the cold hard decisive person then go to mush puppy another minute. Its really odd. I can't wait to learn more about him. I suspect if Rey dies there will be quite abit of a flashback to his past. What Rau's plans were for him, what his true feelings if any were about everything. Does he feel the same as Rau. Humanity as a whole should be wiped out.

Some thoughts on Rey

As for his reaction to the lab, it is possible that he was "created" there?
    That makes sense...especially when you take the whole "accelerated aging" into consideration.

But here's the thing...if he was created there, would he be considered an extended? Or just a clone. If it's the former, that brings up questions about the Extended themselves. We've seen Stellar, Sting, and Auel. They are rather.....high maitenance aren't they?

Maybe there were different stages of Extended. If so, that could mean that Rey was at the top of list, perhaps being the only "Perfect" Extended. The other three could have been considered semi perfect..meaning that they were dependent on whatever meds they were on to survive.

A lot of maybes there hmmm?

Totally crazy theory: Remember Auel's "mother"? She did look a lot like Rey right? Imagine that Rau was there and knocked up the nurse, creating little Rey who then grew up at the lab? [img][/img]
    You know, knowing anime, that's not so far fetched. Wouldn't surprise me at all. lol.

Can't wait to find out about all this. I'm desperately hoping that Rey is more than just another clone though. I'm quite tired of clones at this point...
    That makes two of us. Rey has a lot of potential for a GREAT background...I would hate for them to throw it all away and make him another clone.

And as for all the "gay" comments, this is getting ridiculous. Just because two men show some sort of affection for each other, doesn't mean they're "gay"...sheesh.

Some thoughts on Rey

quote-And as for all the "gay" comments, this is getting ridiculous. Just because two men show some sort of affection for each other, doesn't mean they're "gay"...sheesh.

gdamit, he is gay, wut dont u get... REY IS GAY, ITS RYTHMS!!! and the anime gave alot of hints if u think he is not gay, he looks like a girl the first time i saw him, and he hugs a dude, i wont be suprise if his kissed gil, WHICH MOSTLY LIKELY IT WILL HAPPEN. the other extended guys didn't start huging other guys, even the new ones in GS. and one more thing there r 2 type of hugs, there is a manly hug and there is a faggot hug, and u know with that smile when hugging gil, thats a faggot hug...

We don't accept these kinds of posts here. Don't do it again. User has been warned.

GotWoot Moderator

Some thoughts on Rey

Loving another man doesn't make one gay.

Anyway, i think he could be a Perfect Extended (if there is one). His loyalty to Gill makes him a puppet and easy to control.

Some thoughts on Rey

Maybe Gil with his knowledge can create much better Extended than EA?

Some thoughts on Rey

Indeed, claiming that Rey is a puppet is to vastly misunderstand his character.
    His actions, which seem to follow Gil no matter what, can be seen as a type of puppetry from Gil's side but Rey doesn't mind his orders apparently. I'm quite sure that Rey already knows of whatever plan is taking place behind the scenes, thus is just going along with the flow to realize it.
    exactly, but the similarity between the way Rey "follows" Dullindal and Rau "followed" Patrick Zala is also striking
    while in the end Rau just "used" Plant/ZAFT/Patrick Zala to fulfill his own grand masterplan
    so i can't shake the feeling Rey isn't showing his hand (as in cards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) just yet

edit: although i do hope they make it abit different from what Rau did in Seed, or i'd think it to be nothing but a cheap copy
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend