Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some thoughts on Rey

Some thoughts on Rey

although i do agree with you Terra i wouldn't go so far as to say:
    "you can pretty easily figure out many things that will happen (due to logic & evident clues such as the openings mainly)"
    because simply, i find opening way too unpredictable to base anything on
    maybe they can be used as "circumstantial evidence (01)" to support any theories, but not to have theories based on them, that's my view anyways

and to Blues: i would hate Rey and the director(s) if Rey did a 180 (again) now
    they're just giving him a more solid foundation to stand on being evil and cool, and cool and evil, and.....meh you get the point
    that it would be a waste to break that foundation down now
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Some thoughts on Rey

Yeah it probably came out a bit exaggerated, I was just trying to draw a comparison to how unpredictable the Rey deal was.

The opening does reveal, in my opinion, a bit too much though.
    For example the first opening revealed that Shinn would get together with Stellar (that was totally unnecessary) and that he'd fight Kira.
    And the fun thing is that both of these things doesn't happen until much later.
    The second opening also shows that Neo is Mwu even though that was confirmed in ep 33 or so.

Etc. I believe Seed is in a class of it's own when it comes to revealing stuff in openings.

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Yeah it probably came out a bit exaggerated, I was just trying to draw a comparison to how unpredictable the Rey deal was.

The opening does reveal, in my opinion, a bit too much though.
    For example the first opening revealed that Shinn would get together with Stellar (that was totally unnecessary) and that he'd fight Kira.
    And the fun thing is that both of these things doesn't happen until much later.
    The second opening also shows that Neo is Mwu even though that was confirmed in ep 33 or so.

Etc. I believe Seed is in a class of it's own when it comes to revealing stuff in openings.
    hmm, you have a point there i must admit, but still i will not believe Neo is Mwu untill it is unmistakenly confirmed (call me stubborn but even a 100% gene match can be because of cloning so....)

Some thoughts on Rey

I'd like to agree with you there, I hate the fact that Neo is Mwu, but at this point it feels rather impossible to have done all that work to bring him back for nothing (plot twists, scars all over, removed helmet in seed's special edition etc)

Some thoughts on Rey

BUT I DON"T WANT HIM TOO....
    DAMMIT
    couldn't he just've stayed dead? has dead lost all meaning now?
    if Mwu's alive then i want Nataru to come back too, she never was a bad person, just a soldier who followed orders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

*sigh* oh well, if it must, it must
    but i'll hold to my ray of light that Neo might not be Mwu, but that's just for the show to reveal i assume

but the step from ray to Rey is pretty easy (change a letter)
    so who wants to brood on what Rey's next move might be? overthrow Dullindal? kill off Shinn? execute Talia for doubting Gil? make it as crazy as you want i don't mind? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Some thoughts on Rey

The only character I want revived is Heine. Of course I like Auel, Shani and the rest of the dead people but Heine is the only one who I felt "goddamnit that was SO unnecessary because he could have improved the series by enormous amounts by staying alive!!!!"

About Rey's next move: Something that would absolutely rule so much that it's inconceivable is if Rey would kill Talia for doubting Gil and then assume command of the Minerva. God, I can just see that in front of me, Rey likes shoots her down in cold blood and says something like "Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

Some thoughts on Rey

good pick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    my personal fav as well
    it also follows in the lines of what he said to Athrun, "i won't forgive you for betraying Gil BANG BANG BANG and so on and so on"
    and yes i do agree that Heine's death was a tad too early, but it does follow in the line of the characters with the same voice actor
    they all died young

Some thoughts on Rey

i think Rey is up to something since he knew Kira isn't dead because Impulse didn't attack the right part to kill him..., the fact that he knew that and didn't go look for him afterwards is something very suspicious. i think his attitude is jus like the mask man in GS. But more feminin.

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: naruto-kira
    i think Rey is up to something since he knew Kira isn't dead because Impulse didn't attack the right part to kill him..., the fact that he knew that and didn't go look for him afterwards is something very suspicious. i think his attitude is jus like the mask man in GS. But more feminin.
    he and dullindal thought kira was dead, wat rey meant in episode 36 was that unless athrun kills him within his own heart(like forgets about him or moves on or something) then kira is still alive

Ovan, The Rebirth

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: naruto-kira
    that's an old discussion that hasn't been decided in the favor of your (and other's) statement

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Some thoughts on Rey

Rey's next move will be to concentrate soley on carrying out Dullindal's orders.

And investigating into if Meer Campbell is really loyal. I believe she is going to be the one who reveals to the Minerva crew what is really going on in ZAFT w/ Dullindal (as much as she knows, which is probably only the stuff on the surface) resulting in Lunamaria and Shinn leaving for the ArchAngel Third Party of Righteous Idiots Coalition.

And Rey will try to kill them when he realizes that they won't be swayed to stay with ZAFT. But if he were smart and could use some emotional support, he might be able to keep Shinn. Of course, being the emotional fuckwit that he seems to be, Rey will probably leave Shinn by being too much of a stickler for orders and not having any compassion.

Oh, and Neo = Mwu. All other guesses are, well, lets just say the 2 openings, with Maryu nearly crying as she points a gun at an unmasked Neo, and all the other obvious things (the scars) plus his personality being still very similair to Mwu's.

Just live with it.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Rey's next move will be to concentrate soley on carrying out Dullindal's orders.

And investigating into if Meer Campbell is really loyal. I believe she is going to be the one who reveals to the Minerva crew what is really going on in ZAFT w/ Dullindal (as much as she knows, which is probably only the stuff on the surface) resulting in Lunamaria and Shinn leaving for the ArchAngel Third Party of Righteous Idiots Coalition.

And Rey will try to kill them when he realizes that they won't be swayed to stay with ZAFT. But if he were smart and could use some emotional support, he might be able to keep Shinn. Of course, being the emotional fuckwit that he seems to be, Rey will probably leave Shinn by being too much of a stickler for orders and not having any compassion.

Oh, and Neo = Mwu. All other guesses are, well, lets just say the 2 openings, with Maryu nearly crying as she points a gun at an unmasked Neo, and all the other obvious things (the scars) plus his personality being still very similair to Mwu's.

Just live with it.
    interesting choice of "moves"
    it's another nice, and possible i presume, outcome. it would certainly fit Rey's behaviour and loyalty to Dullindal/ZAFT/PLANT
    on the Neo=Mwu part: as i've stated before, i myself don't base conclusions on openings, and while the other things you said are valid, it's my personal preference to not acknowledge it untill the series clearly states it is so

Some thoughts on Rey

i think gil is only using rey and does not whatsoever care about him one bit.

so once rey has fulfilled all of gil's demands, things are going to heat up between the two of them..much more so than kira v shinn

yeah, i think neo being mwu is a cheap trick.. but what's done is done anyway so lets hope he gets his memory back
    come to think of it..i think he will

remember stellar had her memory erased during the handkerchief bit..but then she still remembered shinn
    so i think there's still hope for neo to become mwu again.

Some thoughts on Rey

I think that Rey is the kind of guy that has his priorities set as such that his goal must not be disturbed no matter what. I am sure he feels for Shinn, Meyrin and the others (evident in scenes such as when he yells "LUNAMARIA!" when she gets hit in ep 28). But... his love for his friends is surpassed by his goals and admiration for the men who raised him. That's what I think anyway. He will definitely question himself, perhaps he already does, but the answer to what he'll do is probably clear.

Man, I know I've said it a million times, but Rey is so damn cool. Seriously, he is one of the key reasons to why Destiny in the end will probably turn out better than Seed. I wouldn't call Seed/Destiny's plot extremely predictable, but let's be fair, you can pretty easily figure out many things that will happen (due to logic & evident clues such as the openings mainly) but the thing with Rey is in a class of it's own. Hands down, who thought that Rey would turn out to be a villain? All of the series he has been built up as a good and smart guy, and now this? It's so damn good that it makes my body shake. Rey power!
    True....I never thought in a million years that Rey would turn out to be a villian. Deep and mysterious yeah, but not villianous.

Actually, I still don't consider him a villian. I think he's being misguided just like everyone else. To an extent anyway.

Motteh: I don't think it would be a complete 180. Actually, a little doubt in his mind would do wonders for his character. Fighting between his friends and what Gil wants...and then choosing Gil anyway. That would be great. Not only that, but he won't seem like he's following Gil blindly. He knows what he's doing, he knows what will happen, but in the long run, the ends justify the means.

Like I said before, Rey has so much damn potential..

Terra: I agree. Heine was a very cool character who was killed WAY too damn early. And I'm sorry, but his death was pretty stupid.

"Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

lol. Best line ever. If something like that did happen, I would love Rey forever...only because he's in a class of his own.

Some thoughts on Rey

"Gil's orders are absolute, you are all my bitches and I am his!".

instant classic LMAO
    -----------------

Some thoughts on Rey

Damn, you guys are right, I hardly reflected on that line but it was pretty awesome actually.

I rule!

That place over there........ahh never mind

Some thoughts on Rey

Someone hated the op. song so much that they decided to make a alt. version of it

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=GSDAlternateOp

R.I.P Captain America.

Some thoughts on Rey

The music didn't fit the events very well, as it was just the opening together with another song (quick job in any given program).
    Still though, I'd pick that over the real one. Fuck synchronizing, I can't stand Wings of Shit.
    By the way, why did you post that in this thread?

Anyway, as many of us have suspected it looks like Shinn will eventually fight Rey (if the opening is any indication, which it usually is)

Some thoughts on Rey

i dunno, that alt op, felt like a naruto opening .......or something
    -----------------

Some thoughts on Rey

The music didn't fit the events very well, as it was just the opening together with another song (quick job in any given program).
    Still though, I'd pick that over the real one. Fuck synchronizing, I can't stand Wings of Shit.
    By the way, why did you post that in this thread?

Anyway, as many of us have suspected it looks like Shinn will eventually fight Rey (if the opening is any indication, which it usually is)
    and again i refrain to use an opening as my guide (yes i am a stubborn SOAB, for all you kind, innocent people that read this)