Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on Rey

Some thoughts on Rey

I think that people are all born straight, isn't that a fact.
    But after they are raised, people change.
    For example, people claim to say that Rey is gay because he is acting really girly, and on the other hand, people say Yzak is gay, because he hangs around Dearka way to much?
    And In this hand, Yzak is not all that girly, but you accuse Rey as girly, when in truth, he is just a sweet guy who grew up being that way which, technically, doesn't mean that he is gay.
    I don't get this...

Some thoughts on Rey

blueshine, nobody gets it.

However, it has been scientifically proven that homosexuality isn't something you become... you are actually born with it, it's a gene "disorder". Though I don't like to refer to it as a disorder, because that's just the generic ignorant human being's way to label something which isn't "normal" (or perhaps I should say "more often reoccuring").

This is also why I hate all this fucking new-age "not-heterosexual" wave which is currently taking place throughout the world. Some of you probably know what I'm talking about. Yep, males & females (more often females though) calling themselves bisexual and/or homosexual just because it's a fucking in-thing. This is so BS, because it stains the reputation of people who actually ARE not-heterosexual. Given, you experiment a lot when you grow up, but people claiming that they don't know their sexual preference even though they are 18 years old is just downright pathetic.

People suck.

Anyway, that's a whole other thing so excuse me for taking it so off-topic.
    Let's just drop the topic regarding Rey's sexuality, and leave it at that until it's actually proven that he is homosexual (which will never happen because HE IS NOT).

Some thoughts on Rey

hear hear, Terra!!!

there's this guy I know from college, I call him Mr. Metrosexuality. Allll the trappings of a stereotypical gay men - tan, thin, spiked hair, high voice, loves girl talk, goes to gay/straight alliance, etc etc

and he's straight!!

As if I didn't have ENOUGH trouble finding my needle in the haystack ><

Some thoughts on Rey

lol, well mate, that just goes to show you that you can't rely on stereotypes and looks alone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    It would be easier if you could on many occasions though. -_-

Some thoughts on Rey

Terra...
    Thanks for clearing what I wrote, which I really did not get! But if people are born with it then that will mean that is not a life problem, like some say. I have heard stories on how homosexuality is caused by past experiences and also lesbianity. I'm a bit shocked by the fact that it is in people's births, but I dunno.
    Thanks anyways

Some thoughts on Rey

Well those people who "turned" homosexual because of past experiences might have had the "potential" in them from day zero? Heh, I dunno, I suppose there are exceptions to every rule. And as always, there are things that cannot be fully explained.. I believe.

Some thoughts on Rey

quote- there's this guy I know from college, I call him Mr. Metrosexuality. Allll the trappings of a stereotypical gay men - tan, thin, spiked hair, high voice, loves girl talk, goes to gay/straight alliance, etc etc

and he's straight!!

that is a stereo type i agreee...

yes...he prolly is straight , i mean in reality anything is possible, some dude can wear a braw everyday and say he is not gay....
    ....but were watching a anime here, its a different view. because of the artis. If.. he made Rey look like sorta femin and act like that. i think the artis is trying to show a point or a chacter of Rey. like i said," i dout the anime will say he is gay or not." but remember this, making Rey feminate and the scene when Rey is huging gilbert like that.... i believe that the artis is trying to make a point....and making that scene makes alot of people think he is gay.....either u hate wut society thinks, the artis still going to show that point of view. ( i personally feel its more FOR the stereo type, rather than against it). because why would the artis made him look and act feminate in the first place.

Some thoughts on Rey

Well it boils down to how you interpret it too. Some dismiss it as "girly" or "gay" (or both) but I only see a happy Rey who is overjoyed to be reunited with his surrogate father (I suppose you could call Gil that) while simultaneously receiving a compliment on his work. Seeing as Gilbert obviously means a lot for Rey, there are probably few things that make Rey as happy as getting acknowledged by Gil.

Some thoughts on Rey

there is no such thing as 'gay gene' it's just that the press keep saying it misleading public twisting facts as if there was a reliable source
    the site below says it all
    http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

not that i'm into homosexuality but just wana let people know this.

and i doubt rey is a normal extended as Stellar, Sting, and Auel needed those sleeping cells and him being gay is prejudged way too early since I only saw him hugging Gil once in the series

Some thoughts on Rey

I doubt the reliability of that source, seeing as I've seen sources stating otherwise several times.
    Besides, the pure concept of everybody potentially turning into homosexuals just because they "want to" is nonsense.
    Humans are animals, and how often do you see homosexuality in the animal kingdom in general? Not much at all.

If it really was as easy as "every human can potentially turn homosexual" then the world would be a lot more evenly divided when it comes to straight and non-straight, not to mention that several species would have died out long ago because if this possability indeed exists; then some species would probably have more homosexuals than heterosexuals. Wow, now it's really off-topic but hopefully people gets my point!

Also, one hug is all it takes for people to ring the "gay bell" unfortunately.

Some thoughts on Rey

quote:
    'how often do you see homosexuality in the animal kingdom in general? Not much at all.'
    just bcuz u dont c doesnt mean they dont exist
    as we live in a society where there are social expectations and standards i would expect more people to chose not to be a gay person and having the 'potential' does not mean one will turn gay.

newayz rey's true 'affections' are yet to be seen

Some thoughts on Rey

Dude, if it was even remotely reoccuring, we'd know. Trust me.
    That being said, I've heard of homosexuality in the animal kingdom... but it's definitely not enough to merit an even amount on both sides.

"as we live in a society where there are social expectations and standards i would expect more people to chose not to be a gay person and having the 'potential' does not mean one will turn gay."

Thing is: you don't wake up one day and say "omg, I'm homo!". If you really ARE gay... you can't even get turned on by the other gender. It's not something you choose. It's something you are.

Man, this needs a separate topic.

Some thoughts on Rey

i'll stop since this is n GSD forum not some homosexuality research forum, n sorry 4 going off topic (i naturally lyk 2 argue)

Some thoughts on Rey

NP, I'm the same. Yeah, back to topic for real this time.

Rey rules. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Some thoughts on Rey

Yes indeed he does, indeed he does, especially now that hes got that awesome Dragoon system.

Some thoughts on Rey

Originally posted by: Mite Gai
    Yes indeed he does, indeed he does, especially now that hes got that awesome Dragoon system.
    ok wait... i think ur on the wrong topic

Some thoughts on Rey

What do you mean? This topic is about Rey isn't it? Rey has Legend which has the Dragoon System right? So how is that off topic????

EDIT: Just for the sake of making sure I am on topic though I will go back to Rey conspiracy theories. Does anyone else think Rey will end up like Athrun being betrayed by his father (Dullindal in Rey's case) except he will have no one to save him and he will actually blow himself up?

Some thoughts on Rey

I really can't see Dullindal doing something like that to Rey. They seem very close with each other. Again, going back to my "Rey is Rau's son" theory, Rau and Dullindal seemed like the best of friends. If Rey is indeed Rau's son, then its possible that Rau had Dullindal promise him to take care of Rey should anything happen to him. Athrun's father knew he was in a tight spot since Freedom was stolen and because Athrun wanted to find out more answers, he was just getting impatient. Dullindal, on the other hand, seems to have all the pawns in play so theres no need for him to betray Rey in any way. But that can change in the coming episodes. He still thinks Kira is dead (meaning a piece on the chess board that was supposed to have been "captured" or destroyed can still make a comeback).
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Some thoughts on Rey

sorry Mite Gai! missed the rey rules part.

Some thoughts on Rey

No problem, we all make mistakes. Oh and I guess you are right NarutoMaster since it seems like there is no way that Dullindal would betray Rey though it would be awesome if he could since then Rey would not have to inevitebly die since I think that there is no way he is going to survive the series being on Dullindal's side and at least if he was betrayed he may have a 50/50 chance of living or suiciding.