Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite individual episodes so far (Seed & Destiny)

Favorite individual episodes so far (Seed & Destiny)

Well why not? This topic hasn't been done (not for both of the shows anyhow) and we all love some good discussion.

Note that this topic WILL include spoilers to whoever hasn't watched the original Seed yet.

I know it's a very hard question, but try to at least give a few straight answers and not just the usual "I love many episodes" gig. Also state why if you feel like it, and describe the episode because numbers are... well, hard to keep track of. Here we go, in chronological order:

Episode 9
    - I'm not entirely sure if it's really that episode, but it's the one where Yzak blows up a ship full of civilians. That marked him as my favorite character, death to annoying kids!

Episode 11
    - Yzak's scar, weeeee.

Episode 29
    - Nichol's death. The first death of a major character, this really kicked the show to favorite show status for me.

Episode 30
    - Everybody's favorite Kira VS Athrun duel. It rules.

Episode 40
    - Oh hell yeah, the druggies get their groove on and Uzumi dies... one of my favorite episodes for sure, the way the music plays as it is revealed that Kira is Cagalli's brother is just too good.

Episode 49
    - Probably the most intense Seed episode, with all those deaths and stuff. I must confess though that all of episodes 40-50 can be rendered my favorites [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Episode 56 (Destiny 6)
    - YZAK WREAKS FUCKING HAVOC!

Episode 73 (Destiny 23)
    - One of the best fighting episodes in all of Seed, ending with Heine's death .. sadly.

Episode 78 (Destiny 28)
    - Auel's death and more awesome fighting.

These are the ones that have made the most impact on me so far, I'm expecting several more episodes to add to this list as Destiny progresses towards it's more intense part.

Your turn!

Fool, I thought you were a Yzak fan? don't even know when he got his scar? It was on episode 11, when Kira first activated Berserker SEED mode.

The best battles I've seen are...

- First battle of Justice on GS 40-41, this battle showed the best of Asuran's skills.

- Of course GS 29, deaths of Nikoru and Toru. Also Buster surrendered to Archangel. And of course, Kira and Asuran's freakin "to the death" battle. First time Asuran activated Berserker SEED mode.

- GSD 34, Shinn vs. Kira, the destruction of Freedom.

- GS 35, sweetest opening entrances of Freedom and by doing so, saved AA's hides.

- GSD 32, Destroy's Rampage, also showed more on Freedom's power.

- I think on GS 46-47 when Raul Krueze revealed to Kira about his origins, and his plans. Great character revelation here.

- GSD 28, Saviour's destruction in the hands of Kira.

- GSD 22, a "rerun" of Freedom's entrances and saved Minerva the same way in GS 35.

- Finaly, GS 49 & 50, the ending of GS. Showed the conclusion to the action-drama series. It gave me a "wow" feeling after watching the very last episode.

There are others..but I'll leave them to you ppl.

Oh, was it that late.
    I haven't watched the series in a year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

And don't call me a fool, underling.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Oh, was it that late.
    I haven't watched the series in a year [img][/img]

fine fine..I won't call you a fool, mr. terra...so waht

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Oh, was it that late.
    I haven't watched the series in a year [img][/img]

roflol

nice one Terra.

My Favs are

Ep 29 Seed
    My fav Character died =(

Ep 30 Seed
    the Kickass Battle between Kira and Athrun

Ep 36-37? Seed when the druggies attack and fall back and attack again...

Ep 1 Destiny
    First time we see Impulse + Gaia, Chaos and Abyss

Ep 2 Destiny
    Gaia, Chaos and Abyss vs Impulse

There is more destiny eps but id have to go thru and find them

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Man, I can't give actual details but from seed it was when Freedom first appeared.

In GSD.....also when Freedom first appeared. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

SEED Destiny Ep 34... when Freedom Disappears! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

gs episode 28 when it shows all those dramatic stuff when they're in orb

gs episode 30 kira vs athrun and athrun goes seed mode

gs episode 49 when athrun and kira go seed mode and destroys all of the nukes

gsd episode 1 it shows athrun again =p

gsd episode 3 when launcher impulse first launches and chairman reveals cagalli's bodygaurd as athrun zala

gsd episode 4 when the pilots finds out that cagalli's bodygaurd is athrun zala and when athrun helps minerva out of trouble w/ his battle intelligence

gsd episode 5 when athrun first launch in gsd

gsd episode 6 athrun owns everyone in a zaku and kira appears again

gsd episode 7 athrun shows his gun aiming skillz

gsd episode 10 saviour is offered to athrun

gsd episode 12 shinn's first seed mode and hacks all the ships and athrun wears zaft uniform again and launches in saviour

gsd episode 13 kira pilots freedom again and owns zaft's new brute suits

gsd episode 16 athrun slaps shinn in the face twice

gsd episode 21 that hilarious moment of athrun waking up w/ meer in his bed and shinn and stellar's meeting, gotta love that song =)

gsd 23 lots of battling and heine's death

gsd 32 stellar's death, very sad.... i liked her and her craziness too...

gsd 34 shinn owns freedom w/ some nice strategic moves

gsd 35 athrun punches shinn and finally gives him what he deserves

gsd 36 athrun finally escapes from zaft and the evil chairman and the gun battle w/ rey

Ovan, The Rebirth

Let me guess, you like Athrun?

Best Episode in Gundam SEED

35- Kira comes to earth, saves the Archangel, the song Meteor, suits the scene perfect. Maybe cuz I like the song ^^. Oh, and he proves he can own Yzak easily ^^.

Gundam SEED Destiny

14 - Kira "robs" Yuna of Cagalli, man, you should see the look on his face when his wife is taken by some Gundam right in-front of his face, gotta love it!

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

best episodes in gundam seed was

1 the ending was cool, when you see strike getting up and there's a huge explosion in the back
    34 at the end where kira gets the freedom and owns those people in zaft.
    38-39 when they introduced the drug pilots kuruto, shani, and oruga and dearka takes sides with kira and the archangel.
    49 when all the drug pilots die, not that i'm happy about it, but eh. shani got owned badly though.(that bastard yzak..just playing..)

best episodes in gundam seed destiny was
    6 when they brought back kira, yzak, and last, but not least, dearka.
    13 when kira fights with freedom again
    21 when heine actually says something
    22-23 when kira and archangel owns everyone on the battlefield
    28 where kira owns athrun..and when auel got owned by shinn(he should be killed sooner or later..bastard..)
    32 she finally died, about time..(was sick of that "i'm going to die" or "dying is bad, no offense, but doesn't everyone else on the battlefield face that same problem?)
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Epi 32 of GS is gooood
    with Millia and dearka

SEED, episodes 36, 40, and 49-50. Freedoms first appearance, the tragic fall of Orb, and that kickass end battle. DRAGOON system for Freedom? yes please.

Destiny... 6 or 7, whicever has Lacus singing to the world being destroyed, and 13 when Freedom reapeers.

Originally posted by: MeroTZ
    SEED, episodes 36, 40, and 49-50. Freedoms first appearance, the tragic fall of Orb, and that kickass end battle. DRAGOON system for Freedom? yes please.

Destiny... 6 or 7, whicever has Lacus singing to the world being destroyed, and 13 when Freedom reapeers.
    It was the real Lacus singing that because she was on Earth in the underground shelter thing with Kira.

Originally posted by: Deblas
    Man, I can't give actual details but from seed it was when Freedom first appeared.

In GSD.....also when Freedom first appeared. [img][/img]
    Agreed. Also when the Meteors just obliterated all the nukes at the last second in the end of GS (oh the suspense!)
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Originally posted by: Digitalgirl
    Originally posted by: MeroTZ

It was the real Lacus singing that because she was on Earth in the underground shelter thing with Kira.
    Um, yes, there is only one Lacus [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] The other is not Lacus, not even a little bit. Meer is a no talent hack, who couldn't hope to do anything so moving as that scene. It was magical. Well, except for all those (fake) people dieing, but hey.

Thats irony for yah.

Oh, and Meer is crazy too.

i really dont remember which is which episode in gundam seed.
    but in GSD i would say my favorite episode so far is

GSD episode 35 or 34, where in the begining stella died, i think that episode is very memoriable, with the music and the flashback going, sorta like TITANIC in the end, really sad. made me cry and i watched it like many times over and over. Jus like how everyone watch Titanic over and over.

I was not a humongous fan of SEED though:

- I did like ep. 39 with Kira and Athrun double teaming the druggies

- Also I liked ep. 49 with Mwu bein the badass that saves the day and them killin off the useless M1 girls so Cagalli could kick ass in SEED Mode.

- As for Destiny I like ep. 6 cause I loved the opening kinda battle beginning music and the return of Dearka and Yzak esp. the part where Yzak started choppin people up with that Beam Javelin.

- I also liked ep. 13 when Kira beat the asses of that ZAFT "Special Ops" Squad with their Asshu aka Z-Goks to show that he still had the ability to own everyone with Freedom.

- Of course ep. 34 when Kira finally was defeated and plus I loved that dramatic, sad music that made me pity Kira's defeat since he fought a hopeless battle from the start.

for SEED, i dont know the ep #, but the waltfield fights were really cool, i really liked the bucue and the orange one he got later

in destiny, id say ep 2 or 3 was the best, impulse in sword mode was really awesome, and alex dino (lol) piloting the ZAKU was boss

Episode 48 is another awesome one because it's such a goddamn brilliant set-up for the finale.
    Everybody says farewell to their loved ones, everybody launches... yeah, you name it. It can't get more epic.
    My favorite part of the episode was naturally:

That is the sweetest thing in all of Seed. Definitely.
    Yzak is such a mommy's boy. He's proud, arrogant, short-tempered... but with his mother... yeah.
    That's so typically male, in a way. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    I just love how she goes "I'll put your squad in the rear", just goes to show you how much she adores her son and all that. A great mother! "Your role will be bigger after the war is over". HELL YEAH, COMMANDER BIATCH!!1

Ezaria Joule rules for giving birth to the best character EVAR.