Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Escaflowne

Escaflowne

Am I the only one who's crazy about this show?

Sure, the noses look funny, but what the hell. Top-notch story, characters & so on.
    Hell, it's medieval mecha!

So, anyone else who likes it?

Escaflowne

Yeah the noses looked funny, but Hajime no Ippo had the same type of noses and it was still awesome...

Yeah this was a great show, one of the first series i saw, so i dont remember much right now

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Escaflowne

I recently re-watched escaflowne about 3 weeks ago. But I still haven't seen the ending.

From what I have seen, yeah, it's definitely a favorite.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Escaflowne

i only watched the movie, so some of the characters were like empty shells to me, but it was still damn good. mechas that drain pilots blood to make moves...talk 'bout bad ass.

Escaflowne

Saw this a long time ago. One of the longest series I've watched, it took me a week to watch the whole thing. I don't really remember the story mostly bits a pieces. I'm gonna go rewatch it.

Escaflowne

longest series? lol

It's your standard 26 episode series...

Escaflowne

This sereis is good I specially like the music on it

Signature by Lucifus

Escaflowne

Originally posted by: Aclypze
    Saw this a long time ago. One of the longest series I've watched, it took me a week to watch the whole thing. I don't really remember the story mostly bits a pieces. I'm gonna go rewatch it.
    I started watching it 3 years ago and I'm still not done.

Also, favorite quote:

Asturian Guard (in a whiney english accent): "By order of King Aston, I hereby order you to hand over that Ispano GuyMELEFFFF"

English Dub anyone? XD

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Escaflowne

Still not finished? How can you not watched it all?
    Go get the rest and watch it.

This is a very good series, altough I haven't seen it in ages, so I'd have to watch it again to remember, I just remember some of the characters and little things that happened.

Escaflowne

Dilandau &gt; All

Escaflowne

Esca? Kinda old, but still good. TO me it's like their Dragonball, was perfect for their time, and it introduced alot of the idea's which they use in other anime's today. Classic.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Escaflowne

Heh, I knew he/she'd be your favorite, Terra. I liked that character too. The only character I didn't really like was the evil brother, although his arm was cool... I've never seen the movie, but the series was good. The ending was kind of bleh, but I've seen worse. It had strong characters, a unique art style, and an interesting variation on mechs. Definately worth checking out.

Escaflowne

terra can i ask where you saw this? haven't seen it in a long time and come to think of it i never finished watching the whole thing...gonna have to try to find this series...

Escaflowne

Originally posted by: Mae
    Heh, I knew he/she'd be your favorite, Terra. I liked that character too. The only character I didn't really like was the evil brother, although his arm was cool... I've never seen the movie, but the series was good. The ending was kind of bleh, but I've seen worse. It had strong characters, a unique art style, and an interesting variation on mechs. Definately worth checking out.
    Hehe, yeah, I keep hearing I'm quite predictable when it comes to favorite characters. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    Yeah Folken's arm was cool. Actually I liked the entire character, especially towards the end.
    It was a solid show all throughout. Perhaps I wouldn't mind if Merle got shot once or twice though...

@DragonSpirit: I saw it loooong ago actually, 3 years or so, grabbed it in some old IRC channel. You can probably find it on torrent now. Oh, and I just noticed that Bud gave you links so nevermind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

On another note, Escaflowne is one of the few shows I actually own DVDs of... albeit only the first volume.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Escaflowne

Escaflowne is so awesome! It was just over a year ago now that I saw this series, and it was my first anime series ever. I liked it so much that I've been completely addicted to anime ever since. It has elements that appeal to everyone: intense action sequences, an ever-changing love story, giant robots, evil antagonists with heartbreaking pasts, an epic struggle for the fate of a world, and some interesting twists in the plot.

@ Terra: Yeah, Merle was an annoying superfluous character. The only phrase quite as irritating to me as "Sasuke-kun!" is "Van-sama!".

Escaflowne

just d/l'ed this from boxtorrents... thanks for the link bud...

Escaflowne

I liked merle...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

oh, and for me folken = itachi. XP
    I kept calling itachi "folken" when he showed up in the anime (I hadn't read the manga by that time).

I also liked dilandau. He's one of the only villians that works for me. He's just so....eeesh. And he keeps slapping the shit out of his subordinates! haha. I love it.

I need to borrow the dvds from my friend so I can finish this one.

Escaflowne

Slapping the shit out of subordinates = ownage.
    Haha, I never thought about Itachi = Folken. But damn now when you say it... why not?

However, I doubt Itachi will redeem himself...
    One thing I REALLY loved about Escaflowne is how Folken had wings too, and they were black.
    It was so symbolic and well made, the whole thing and that episode in particular... where he dies, definitely my favorite.

And seriously guys, how many expected Dilandau to be Allen's sister? I fell off my damn chair for the first time when I saw that.
    That's truly the essence of a good plot twist. There are clues everywhere, yet you don't get the truth until it's revealed. LOVE!

Escaflowne

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Slapping the shit out of subordinates = ownage.
    Haha, I never thought about Itachi = Folken. But damn now when you say it... why not?

However, I doubt Itachi will redeem himself...
    One thing I REALLY loved about Escaflowne is how Folken had wings too, and they were black.
    It was so symbolic and well made, the whole thing and that episode in particular... where he dies, definitely my favorite.

And seriously guys, how many expected Dilandau to be Allen's sister? I fell off my damn chair for the first time when I saw that.
    That's truly the essence of a good plot twist. There are clues everywhere, yet you don't get the truth until it's revealed. LOVE!
    ARGG! I told you I hadn't seen the end yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111one
    If my friend hand't already spoiled all that for me I'd be REALLY REALLY angry right now.
    But yeah, although I have only HEARD about many of those twists. They are the best I've encoutered in any anime thusfar. I agree. Love it! Especially since you see that short clip of Allen's sis, like, in the third freaking episode! (my friend immediately pointed out it was dilandau...Jerk.)

I remember thinking that Chid was Allen's little brother for a while. heh.

and yeah, Folken is the "fallen" older brother of this series. The wings just make him that much more of a hardass. As does the clown facepaint.