Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: fox_t
    Don't forget that Kira is the Ultimate Coordinator.

So no matter how hard Shinn tries, he'll never be as good a pilot as Kira.

And before anyone challenges me as to what being the Ultimate Coordinator is please do your research...and no Shinn is not one of them...there are only two...

Canard Pars
    Kira Yamato
    Canard Pars was a failure right? So there is only one successfully made Ultimate Coordinator.

Missing Nin

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: Jurojin
    No, I'm just sick of people putting Kira on a pedastal in everything he does, at least when he doesn't deserve it.
    I am simply examing a character as he grows. In Kira's case he's a protector in Shinn's he's a Avenger. As you can never truely get revenge for anything being that no 2 things can ever be exactly equal it means that Shinn will never be able to obtain what he's looking for. While Kira can protect what he cares about for a time.

You don't have to put Kira on a pedastal in order to see his actions as selfless as that is meerly who he is. You also don't have to tear Shinn down to say his actions are purely for his own gain as he can never give anything to those who have died like his family or Stellar when all his actions do are further the war.

Originally posted by: Nai
    I wonder what everyone will say when Kira dies to Shinn ( Mmm, merely thinking about that makes me all hot and woozy! )

He did it so he could be returned to the earth and thus fuel the grass. Teehee. [img][/img]
    This will NEVER happen. The basic reason it would make GSD one of the most hated series ever considering people wanted a sequal to see what happens to there favorite characters killing them off is far from the move to make. Kira and Lacus need to have a happy ending possibly a double wedding with Athran and Calgari. If instead they kill off a main character and leave a loose end it will just enrage most of the fans who loved the first series.

random supporting characters however are fair game and killing off Shinn in the end is also fine as its about his only remaining chance at redemption (dying to stop the wars that killed those he loved that is).

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

anyway Kira is a Ultimate Coordinator...
    but Kira could still lose if he did not tried his best to achieve the highest ''capacity''(ability to perform)

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Of course, being the ultimate coordinator doesn't mean that you automaticly is the greatest.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: Jurojin
    No, I'm just sick of people putting Kira on a pedastal in everything he does, at least when he doesn't deserve it.

Kira is too good to be sullied with l33t

Ah, but he could be sullied with Fllay?

teasing [img][/img]
    Did you see Fllay? I'd sully myself with her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Of course, being the ultimate coordinator doesn't mean that you automaticly is the greatest.
    haha i noe but after seeing fox_t post
    im replying this to fox_t
    just 4gotten to quote =x

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

ahem my thoughts is this shinn is a good pilot one because he graduate as an elite and with this war he's managed to improve his skill as for kira he is also a good pilot because he was force to be or else the archangel would sink. there both good pilots but at this point kira is the better pilot not saying shinn cant acheive his level but not yet first he needs destiny and to master his seed mode. next its unlikely kira would be killed by shinn since in the end its either he realizes his mistakes or dies or his suit is disabled.(because if kira were to die GSD would be the worst gundam series to fans)

on the kira and shinn battle shinn did have the advantage but was only able to take advantage of it because he improved. the final strike with the sword into freedom stomach can bring up a debate however you must realize something shinn was trying to kill kira which is why he aimed there. shinn did homework on freedom but didnt have any specs on it so he couldnt know where the cockpit is. take a look at the battle if kira really think his life was in immediate danger he would have never put his shield in that position. the point is there are so many factors in the battle and you people cant read minds so know one knows what was going on in his head. all we know humans have strong sense of self preservation and strong will for protecting people.

in the end both of them are good pilots but are at different levels due to their experiences and no kira wasnt a pilot longer than shinn (started piloting at the end of the war with strike and when freedom was wrecked stopped shinn has been training for two years) but then again who knows

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: PSJ

But but but, when your called the Ultimate... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

also don't forget Kira is the/a Ultimate Coordinator
    NOT the ultimate pilot, those are 2 seperate things
    not every coordinator is a good pilot, you need to practice/train to become one
    which obviously is easier for coordinators then for naturals (damn them, i'll never be a great MS pilot myself then T_T [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img])

so basically with Kira being the Ultimate Coordinator doesn't mean there can't be a better pilot then him
    since being a great pilot isn't all about skill

edit: i'll probably get jumped for making this post though <_<
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

I recalled Sasuke when i hear Shinn laugh. Funny sh!t. Sasuke laughing at Naruto as he was calling after him. This is delight you find when you open your present on christmas eve and its not another shirt/pants for the nth time but actually something was on your wish list. For Shinn it was simply getting revenge for someone he cared for. I dont think its too selfish of an action. You can say Kira's actions were selfish because he thought only of protecting a small cause when the bigger picture is that he's a coordinator on a human ship fighting other coordinators. Its tit 4 tat. You sometimes have to pay blood with blood.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

My post was in jest...

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

sith all the speculation going on right now i wonder how most people will respond to the show's ending seeing that a lot of people are going to be wrong since they just watch the shows and dont pay attentions to any important details.

though i am a kira fan i have to say this like it was already mentioned kira is the ultimate coodinator but not the ultimate pilot. it may give him an edge but he still can beaten clearly show when asuran kicked his ass

yay i just relized this is my 100th post yay yippie wahooo yahoo

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Eh, the Athrun versus Kira fight was a stalemate IMO. Both lost their mobiles suits and both got injured.

I think as long as SEED mode is on, the pilots can't die, even against other SEED users.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: MeroTZ
    You guys are crazy if you think Ben is wrong. Kira gave every indication of expecting to die, he shut off the reactor to save everyone else.

Just because you cant concieve of being selfless doesn't mean other people cant. And I dont think most people can concieve of being selfless, as I've not met many.

LOL ok so now you're making personal attacks over an animated cartoon.

Jurojin, I think we should stop - MeroTZ is getting a little too worked up over this. I don't want to be responsible for any psychological damage we could cause.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: XwingRob
    My post was in jest...
    if you're referring to my post XwingRob, i was not talking to you specifically, but more in general to people who think/say that Kira is the best pilot ever (i'm exaggerating a little perhaps) because he's (one of the) Ultimate Coordinator(s)
    if you weren't referring to my post then ignore this one

and to Dannynonsense: i do just watch the show, before every new episode i watch atleast the episode before that and sometimes more if i find that significant events from those episodes might return in the new one
    this way i feel i can just watch the show and enjoy it to it's fullest extent

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: Motteh
    My post was in jest...
    if you're referring to my post XwingRob, i was not talking to you specifically, but more in general to people who think/say that Kira is the best pilot ever (i'm exaggerating a little perhaps) because he's (one of the) Ultimate Coordinator(s)
    Er yeah, I thought you were taking my comment too seriously there, heh.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

well i wasn't so be at peace [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Eh, the Athrun versus Kira fight was a stalemate IMO. Both lost their mobiles suits and both got injured.

I think as long as SEED mode is on, the pilots can't die, even against other SEED users.
    didnt asuran choose to blow up his mobile suit to ensure his victory i wouldnt say it if i didnt know what i was talking about about as for the seed mode thing maybe because those people just happen to be the directors favorite character or who knows

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Mr. Nonsense if you read Rob's post you would notice that he said "IMO" which means "In My Opinion". With that said i would like to say that i agree with Rob on this one, it was a tie. Since both of them went in to kill each other not destroy each other's Gundam both failed.

As for that SEED mode thing i think Kira and Asuran are protected with the "Main character status" as they still both are main characters. Shinn got this protection to. That's the only reason they survive unexplainable events.

Missing Nin

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: Dannynonsense

didnt asuran choose to blow up his mobile suit to ensure his victory i wouldnt say it if i didnt know what i was talking about about as for the seed mode thing maybe because those people just happen to be the directors favorite character or who knows
    actually I believe Athrun was out of power at the time of detonation as shortly after Aegis clamps onto strike the phase shift armor shuts down before Athrun officially turns on the self detonation.

That aside I think the more important notes of this episode involve Talia really starting to doubt Dullindale. Also note in the previous episode her second in command ordered the Minerva to fire before the AA was completely submerged and NOT Talia herself. This is very similar to how the captain/leuitenant worked on the AA in GS. At this point I really believe Talia is getting ready to abandon Zaft as she can tell that Dullindale is manipulating everyone even quoting either Dullindale himself or a instructer they shared about the only way you can make people fight is by giving them a cause.