Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

shinn isn't going to change.
    shinn is more of the anakan skywalker of this series

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

First, I have to agree with the others, it was great seeing Athrun finally make a deceicive action. It was a great punch. Though to be honost, if this had been the first episode I had seen I might have liked Shinn. He didn't do anything that bad this time if you don't already know what has happened before. Of course this is an example of too little too late.

While it would nice to see Athrun tell Dullindal off, that would not be the practical approach. Even when he was wavering on his motivation, he has always thinking of the best way to act (with the lone exception being after Nicol's death). Personally what I would like to see is Athrun jump into Legend and take out Shinn and Dullindal right there then wipe out Gibralter.

Someone mentioned Dullindal playing this out like a chess match, I would say it is more of a chess/checkers hybrid. I say that because in Chess once the king is done the game is over, thus the Queen would be meaningless.

I'm curious what that one EAF soldier meant by the civilians being deceived. Obviously it could just be his opinion being a good soldier, but with Dullindal I don't think it is a comment that should be overlooked.

I also found it interesting that when they were showing the EAF's atrocities that they included a shot of GENESIS taking out the EAF Moon Base. Wouldn't that be counter-productive? Plus also the shots of Junius 7 being moved on purpose which was done by Coordinators and used by the EAF to stir up anger against ZAFT.

I wonder why they haven't transferred Neo to the brig yet? Remember where they put Dearkka. Unless of course the brig was taken out to install the hot spring.

A couple of things from the preview for 36:

I hope they don't spend too much time on flashbacks. They showed a few older scenes, and if it is just those fine, but much more would be a pain and would take away from the new stuff.

Where would Athrun go after he escapes? I don't believe that a GOUF would have enough power to fly all the way to Orb from Gibralter, and even if it did he doesn't have any friends in Orb right now. For all he knows Archangel was shot down, and even if they weren't it will take them time to get back to Orb. I would guess that the battle in 34 took place near the Arctic Ocean just north of Europe. That would mean to get to Orb they would have to go around either North America or Asia then head way south to near Australia. I guess he could go to South America. They have more or less gone independent and he might be able to get help from Ed the Ripper. I know it isn't likely, but it is a possability.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

One would think that Kira being killed would mean alot more to Asuran than Nichole being killed. The brother of the woman you love and at the same time your best friend from when you were a kid and add to that the dude dating your former fiancée. Kira is alot to Asuran and probably the closest he now got to family so Asuran not going crazy is probably only because he learned from past mistakes, mainly Nichole's death.

Asuran will obviously not tell Dulinandal off, he won't get the special treatment Shinn gets. He plans his next move carefully you can see that in the way he acts. It would be cool to see him sucker punch Dulinandal to tho and then tell him off while kicking Shinn in the nuts. Ah, sorry about my imagination getting out of hand.

I also think Dulinandal plans everything from that Chessboard he got, of course he isn't doing it like a real chess game but something similar. I found it very interesting when he called Lacus the "White Queen".

As for those shots off the GENESIS and the colony drop im also curious why they were in there, i mean its common sense to know that a military uses propaganda. Why put in stuff like the colony drop in it then?

Neo is probably kept up in a bed nice and warm cause he looks and talks like Mwu. Any other prisoner they would have put in a cell, or maybe just not pick up.

As for the Archangel heading to Orb why don't they go to the Kingdom of Scandinavia if they helped them before, surely we(Yes i live in Scandinavia, HAIL!) wouldn't have lacking technology. OK, maybe not up there with ORB and ZAFT but we would probably be able to fix up the Archangel a bit so the trip would become easier. My guess is that they goes straight for Orb tho. That would be the best choice if they can travel under water the whole way. Besides if things pops up send out Kira in Strike Rouge, he is the Ultimate coordinator surely he recovers quick.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: Sano
    Some how, I keep thinking Shinn will "wake-up" too and change later in the series. As with most major characters, he will mature sooner or later, thus him returning as (possibly) the hero. As for Dullindal, he's an enigma. We know he has some shady motive going on for his actions, but it's almost impossible to confirm what's he planning.
    Especially after seeing this episode, I think this possibility is remote beyond belief. Shinn has shown no moral or ethical developement to this point: In fact, it appears to me he is regressing.

At this point, Shinn is completely loyal to ZAFT, without even the slightest sign of questioning his superiors motives. He's confused by Athrun's feelings about the AA: Its obvious he went into that battle because he wanted a shot at Freedom, and the fact taht his orders told him the same thing were most likely secondary.

Personally, I like a deranged Shinn as the villain in the series. And if you dont think he's deranged, take another look at his eyes when he hears that Destiny is his...

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

yep shinn's loyalty to zaft was shown during his conversatition with rey and lunamaria. he is completely 100% behind the chairman which is why him joining the aa is less likely after this episode ( Shinn- lovers keep hoping he will join so kira doesnt beat the shit out of him) so at this point its whatever

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

This ep proved just how great Shinn is, I got my revenge and yours to. Pure cockyness at its best.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: MeroTZ
    Some how, I keep thinking Shinn will "wake-up" too and change later in the series. As with most major characters, he will mature sooner or later, thus him returning as (possibly) the hero. As for Dullindal, he's an enigma. We know he has some shady motive going on for his actions, but it's almost impossible to confirm what's he planning.
    Especially after seeing this episode, I think this possibility is remote beyond belief. Shinn has shown no moral or ethical developement to this point: In fact, it appears to me he is regressing.

At this point, Shinn is completely loyal to ZAFT, without even the slightest sign of questioning his superiors motives. He's confused by Athrun's feelings about the AA: Its obvious he went into that battle because he wanted a shot at Freedom, and the fact taht his orders told him the same thing were most likely secondary.

Personally, I like a deranged Shinn as the villain in the series. And if you dont think he's deranged, take another look at his eyes when he hears that Destiny is his...

Yes, at this point he is arrogant/insane/immature. But remember, he is still the main character of the series. Although is very grossly arrogant and unstable, this could be to his benefit later on. Remember, he's fighting to end the war, because he himself is a victim of war (his slaughtered family). When he does awaken into a mature character, I sense he will be much more responsible than some of the other characters because of what he has gone through. I remember Kira as a cry baby in the beginning of Seed because he cried so often, and was at times immature. However, once Kira matured and had the correct sense of justice, he turned out to be a very responsible character (as we see today in Seed Destiny). Although it's difficult to see Shinn like this right now, it's very possible he will turn out to be a mature character. For a diamond to become a diamond, it must go through many fire, heat, and high pressure. Right now, I see Shinn as going through that transformation. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not a Shinn supporter, I'm just speculating on how he will turn out, becuase he is the main character after all...

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Yes, at this point he is arrogant/insane/immature. But remember, he is still the main character of the series. Although is very grossly arrogant and unstable, this could be to his benefit later on. Remember, he's fighting to end the war, because he himself is a victim of war (his slaughtered family). When he does awaken into a mature character, I sense he will be much more responsible than some of the other characters because of what he has gone through. I remember Kira as a cry baby in the beginning of Seed because he cried so often, and was at times immature. However, once Kira matured and had the correct sense of justice, he turned out to be a very responsible character (as we see today in Seed Destiny). Although it's difficult to see Shinn like this right now, it's very possible he will turn out to be a mature character. For a diamond to become a diamond, it must go through many fire, heat, and high pressure. Right now, I see Shinn as going through that transformation. Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not a Shinn supporter, I'm just speculating on how he will turn out, becuase he is the main character after all...
    You say "When he does awaken into a mature character", as if its a given it will happen. I still think we might be lucky enough for him to just go totally crazy-nuts, instead of turning into another hero. We have enough heros, what we need is someone well and truly crazy. As in more crazy than Rau.

Also, as has been said before... Shinn is -a- main character, not the main character. Kira and Athrun are at least as important as Shinn, maybe Athrun a little more than Kira. Shinn makes a better villain than a hero, and they dont really need a crazy change in his character at this point. Better to stick with what they have established and have a cool villain than an inferior hero.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Even tho I would classify my self as a shinn-supporter I do agree that his reaction to the new suit was a little... overzealous.

But then again, I don't think it's completely out of the ordinary. If you are a fighter pilot and you get an F22 wouldn't you be happy? Or would you be horrified like Asuran was? I'd say his reaction was a little over the top as well...

I mean, their sole purpose is to pilot mobile suits... your life, the success of the mission, and the welfare of your friends and country depend on the mobile suit. If you hate war and fighting so much maybe you should just be a civilian.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Good ep. And it was story, not action, too. GSD is really picking up, but GS was best in it's second half as well.

Athrun's confrontation with Shinn was nicely done. I liked how afterwards when Rey was saying how they should fight whoever ZAFT tells them to fight Athrun flashes back to the holding a gun on Lacus, showing that he knows just where blindly following authority can get you. A lesson Shinn has yet to learn. They used the contrast between these two well in this ep, particularly in their meeting with the chaiman.

Speaking of the Chariman, I loved how he was like "Wow, I never thought that showing pics of those guys and naming them enemies of mankind would result in them being ripped apart by angry mobs. such a shame." lol. But what is he trying to do giving Athrun a new Gundam? Buy his loyalty? He should know better than that. Shinn worships the ground he walks on, but Athrun is pissed. Maybe he's planning for Athrun to defect?

And what's Rey up to? He preaches loyalty to ZAFT, and he could just be controlling Shinn for Dulandil, but maybe he's up to something else... And nice cameo by Yzak. "Is that head of yours just a decoration?"

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: PSJ
    As for the Archangel heading to Orb why don't they go to the Kingdom of Scandinavia if they helped them before, surely we(Yes i live in Scandinavia, HAIL!) wouldn't have lacking technology. OK, maybe not up there with ORB and ZAFT but we would probably be able to fix up the Archangel a bit so the trip would become easier. My guess is that they goes straight for Orb tho. That would be the best choice if they can travel under water the whole way.
    The only reason I can think that is against this is because Cagailli is really worried about how Orb will react from Dullindal's current moves. Remember they had decided to return to Orb before ZAFT attacked them.

EDIT: I know Shinn was the main character at the beginning, but if he still was then why is Strike Freedom the Gundam used with the GSD logo in the opening.

EDIT2: I think Dullindal offering Legend to Athrun may have just been arrogance on his part. Dullindal is used to people just being puppets for him to manipulate. That is why Archangel had to go since they wouldn't bow down to him.

Also someone mentioned somewhere about Yzak and Dearkka helping Waltfeld steal Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice. IIRC the source was questionable, but based on this episode I think it is something to at least consider (if you aren't ready to believe it).

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

I'm new to the Gundam universe in general, so can anyone tell me why it's "all over" if they go underwater? Is the minevra not underwater capable?

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Minverva probably can't go underwater, but that isn't why they were saying it. Beam weapons of any kind do not work under water (the only exception being Gundam Deathsythe in Gundam W). Minvera only has 2 non-beam weapons on board. 1 is their CIWS, more or less machine guns, that wouldn't really effect a battle ship. The other is their Isolade cannon in front of Impulse's catapault. Because it launches shell type projectiles they would be seriously hampered trying to move through the water. Since Minerva is supposed to be a space battleship things like torpedos and depthcharges weren't considered necessary.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Let me add something here for a moment.....Shinn is a main character, yes. However I've noticed that some people seem to think that he is'nt the MAIN charcter, when in fact he is. Yes, yes, i know...All of you Kira/Athrun supporters like to believe otherwise because both characters had such large roles in Seed...However, Shinn is the main character of Destiny. Thoughts like: "Then why is Strike Freedom shown as the logo of Destiny?" are simply foolish. Destiny has just as much time in the opening as SF, so making such a comment is ridiculous. Kira was the main character of Seed, with Athrun as A main character also. However, when you look at Seed Destiny which has many main characters with significant roles...You'll see that Destiny is Shinn's story....and his mobile suit.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Haro^2Tori^2 Torrent Out

@NineTailsKitsu: yesyes, we all know that. Its just a bit weird that SF appears more than Destiny in the OP, on top of the fact that most of us are Shinn-haters.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu
    Let me add something here for a moment.....Shinn is a main character, yes. However I've noticed that some people seem to think that he is'nt the MAIN charcter, when in fact he is. Yes, yes, i know...All of you Kira/Athrun supporters like to believe otherwise because both characters had such large roles in Seed...However, Shinn is the main character of Destiny. Thoughts like: "Then why is Strike Freedom shown as the logo of Destiny?" are simply foolish. Destiny has just as much time in the opening as SF, so making such a comment is ridiculous. Kira was the main character of Seed, with Athrun as A main character also. However, when you look at Seed Destiny which has many main characters with significant roles...You'll see that Destiny is Shinn's story....and his mobile suit.
    first and foremost shinn is part of the main cast and the story centers around but the reason why everyone is talking about SF being shown as the logo of destiny is because its possible that the focus of the story is changing since shinn is clearly crossing over to the darkside and the masses always want the good guy to come out on top so ill end this with my famous quote " Know your facts before you post something"

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Gay episode. Yzak laid the smack down. Rey is gay for Shinn. Shinn will accept Rey. In the butt.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

shin is and should be the main character, the series is named after his gundam. but for me he should die with his lover rey. hehehe and it was nice to see athruns characters develops "again".

Is infinite justice's head in the last part of the op?

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

Yzak indeed made a wonderful smack down.

Phase 35 is out (RAW)

shinns still a pussy, athurans finally starting to gro some testicles, teh new gundams are kool, but i wonder who's getting teh Legend, since athuran has to get Infinite Justice. maybe rey will get it.

and yes, yazks smack down was amazing indeed