Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth watching?

juna

Worth watching?

I've been searching around for a new series to watch and I came across One Piece, but it has like a "billion" eps. So I just wanted to know if it was worth a watch.

Worth watching?

Originally posted by: juna
    I've been searching around for a new series to watch and I came across One Piece, but it has like a "billion" eps. So I just wanted to know if it was worth a watch.
    Nah, we just watch it cuz we're really fucking bored.

edit: It's less predictable than many shounen series and the locations are pretty neat. Them's the plusses.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Worth watching?

If you start to watch it. You'll be glad it has so many episodes.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Worth watching?

What Souryusen said.

Also, it's very funny.

Don't let this forum be an indication on how popular it is though. The fact that this part of Gotwoot is mostly dead is very strange, because One Piece is generally just as, if not even more, popular than say Naruto.

In short: watch the damn show, you'll love it.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Worth watching?

Yeah well, Gotwoot is generally a Naruto fansite. Have you seen Kaizoku-fansubs One Piece forum. Its Huge.

Another thing. Stick to fansubs. The dub will want to make you go to 4kids entertainment and give each of them a slow and painful death.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Jounin

Worth watching?

Also One Piece manga is the biggest and most popular manga there is (dont know how big the anime is compared to others, but it's BIG).. So if you look at the fanbase, you just know it can't be bad..

Also even though i contains spoilers you might want to watch "One Piece Special - Soccer King".. That's what made me watch this show.. But it all depends on how picky you are with spoilers..

Also if you would have asked me yesterday what place on my favorite-list this anime is on i would have said 3 (after Naruto and Bleach) but i just saw episode 147 and thanks to a scene with some of the characters that made me laugh so much that i got tears in my eyes, i have to say they all share the number one spot.. That's how good it is for me.. Trust me, you wont be disapointed..

Also stick to K-F's fansubs.. the other once are crappy..

Worth watching?

worth watching? definately a hell yeah

Worth watching?

I honestly think that the main reasons this forum is dead is because

1. Nobody connected to GotWoot fansubs it. I imagine if a person wants to discuss OP, they do it at KFs forums.

And 2. Its WAY down the forums list. I suspect most people don't even know its here.

Worth watching?

It would definately be worth watching, although I haven't seen the anime, the manga is awesome.

I should get it soon.

Worth watching?

one piece hands down annihilates naruto in my opinion

the anime , i'm talking about

i just bought a straw hat, some really funny unique characters, the stuff thats said.. the comedy is just great and ofcourse there is some action ... so many memorable parts.. even the fillers are not bad

Worth watching?

i've seen a few episodes of this series and its pretty good, i mean it can be like wtf sometimes but for the most part its pretty clever, and can be entertaining

Worth watching?

its funny, sad at times, but just really fun to watch

hehe ur really lucky i say to start at ep1,, cauuuuseee one piece 150+ ep marathon!!! ^^

Worth watching?

I started watching this show recently, and its been entertaining to say the least. Can anyone tell me if this anime is very "fillered" (like Naruto)? I kinda got worried when I watched epsiode 18 (I know this will be a long time ago for some of u guys, but its the one where they go to the island and meet the guy with green hair whos stuck in a chest and has all these weird animal friends). Can't say I liked that ep too much, but I was relieved when I saw it get back on track the next ep.

Worth watching?

I would say that it does indeed contain several fillers... I just skip them, so no problems...

Worth watching?

Originally posted by: Kaigi-san
    I started watching this show recently, and its been entertaining to say the least. Can anyone tell me if this anime is very "fillered" (like Naruto)? I kinda got worried when I watched epsiode 18 (I know this will be a long time ago for some of u guys, but its the one where they go to the island and meet the guy with green hair whos stuck in a chest and has all these weird animal friends). Can't say I liked that ep too much, but I was relieved when I saw it get back on track the next ep.
    btw that wasnt filler

Worth watching?

Actually.....i heard the afro chest guy WAS filler

as well as the saga about the dragons, the part where luffy finds that hermit criminal with the dance powder, about 10 other episodes in arabasta, the painful span of fillers after arabasta......
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Worth watching?

you heard WRONG. Its chapter 22 of manga.

Apis arc was filler yes, so was the desert wandering in arabasta . But Ace went with them, which he didnt in the manga so its ok. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Worth watching?

Indeed, afro chest guy wasn't filler. I have a few of the first manga volumes here in my shelf, and he's in volume 3 or something.

Worth watching?

ah my bad - havnt read the manga. It just kinda seemed like filler due to lack of connection to the plotline... but maybe its just me.

Worth watching?

Oda even listed afro chest guy (Gaimon) as his favorite character after Luffy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]