Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory: Why people like/hate Kira/Shinn

Theory: Why people like/hate Kira/Shinn

I believe there is a reason to who prefers Shinn over Kira and vice versa. I believe this might have to do with the order in which people watched the SEED series.

My Hypothesis: People who think Kira > Shinn watched GS then GSD while those who think Shinn > Kira watched GSD first then went back and watched GS.

Edit: Is the poll working? If not...geez...I feel like a n00b.
    Questions:
    Kira > Shinn; Watched GS prior to GSD
    Kira > Shinn; Watched GSD prior to GS
    Shinn > Kira; Watched GS prior to GSD
    Shinn > Kira; Watched GSD prior to GS

If a mod would be so kind as to fix my n00b mistake if this doesn't work.

No there isn't a poll [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Kira > Shinn; Watched GS prior to GSD.

Can a mod help me out or someone tell me how to add the poll? Thx.

Kira >Shinn , Watched GS prior To GSD

Shinn > Kira; Watched GS prior to GSD
    -----------------

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Shinn > Kira; Watched GS prior to GSD.

Heh, I broke the chain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

lol terra i posted the same thing as you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    -----------------

Shinn > Kira GS - GSD

Personally most of you who watched GS probley said Kira sucks because he was a crybaby and near the end when he started killing everyone you guys were like "Omg hes the best thing alive" and you guys think hes gonna do the same in GSD so your all over kira's ass.

Shinn > Kira; Watched GSD prior to GS. ( Jeez, I feel like such a total newbie! )

Why I don't like Kira? Eh, guess it's because I can't relate to the guy at all. Shinn is like most of us. He's an egoist, easily gets pissed off and has a tons of other flaws which I really don't care to list. Now, I can relate to him, and can understand him. Kira on the other hand.. he's just far too goodie-two-shoes and naive for me.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Originally posted by: Dannynonsense
    Kira >Shinn , Watched GS prior To GSD
    that one, to be honest i didnt like kira in the begining of seed, he was a fucking crybaby and annoying at that but as he matured into a good pilot that didnt fight based on emotions i liked him better. i was annoyed to death when he went back to "crybaby kira" when frey got killed.

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Nai
    Shinn > Kira; Watched GSD prior to GS. ( Jeez, I feel like such a total newbie! )

Why I don't like Kira? Eh, guess it's because I can't relate to the guy at all. Shinn is like most of us. He's an egoist, easily gets pissed off and has a tons of other flaws which I really don't care to list. Now, I can relate to him, and can understand him. Kira on the other hand.. he's just far too goodie-two-shoes and naive for me.
    I definatly don't think most people can relate to Shinn. I don't think most people would go hey the girl I want just killed a few hundred thousand people most of whom were not even involved in the war. I know I'm going to go kill the guy that stoped her. I'm sorry but the fact is Shinn is a complete lunatic and I tend to believe that even the majority of his most loyal fans would have to admit that one.

Yeah, I'm sure you would be able to kill a person you loved or cared for without even flinching. Sure, Stellar did horrible things, but she did so without realizing what she was doing as she was being abused by the EAF. She had the mentality of a kid and acted out of pure fear, and Neo going "THE SCARY THINGS ARE COMING TO EAT YOU!!" did not help much. Shinn knew that and wanted to protect her, and I can't really consider him 'a lunatic' for wanting to do that. He made a promise and kept it until the end, as good as he could.

I would have done the same, as would most of you had, I reckon. And that is what I like about Shinn. He makes a much more believable character than Kira.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Nai
    Yeah, I'm sure you would be able to kill a person you loved or cared for without even flinching. Sure, Stellar did horrible things, but she did so without realizing what she was doing as she was being abused by the EAF. She had the mentality of a kid and acted out of pure fear, and Neo going "THE SCARY THINGS ARE COMING TO EAT YOU!!" did not help much. Shinn knew that and wanted to protect her, and I can't really consider him 'a lunatic' for wanting to do that. He made a promise and kept it until the end, as good as he could.

I would have done the same, as would most of you had, I reckon. And that is what I like about Shinn. He makes a much more believable character than Kira.
    I don't want this thread to become a discussion for this as its simply off topic if you wish to start a thread about how you can see yourself in Shinn I suggest you go into a mental esylum. I Also don't deney that Stellar was a victum. However the only person who physically hurt her in the entire battle was Shinn and there is simply no reason she should have died in the first place. I'm ending any discussion of this matter in this thread on my end here for good.

Personally, I think a lot of people have converted to Kira fanboys because they hate Shinn so much and really has no choice but to like "the other main character".
    Kira was unpopular throughout more or less all of Seed. This sudden Kira worshipping is really strange.

I agree with Nai.
    I can't see why someone should head to a mental "esylum" for seeing themselves in Shinn as DDBen states.
    Shinn is a very human character, except with an attitude (which in a way is also quite human...).
    Despite that, I find him to be very sympathic. It can't possibly be easy to lose yet another person in the same manner as he lost Mayu.
    It's easy for us watchers to say that "OMG stupid Shinn oolol it was obviously not Kira's fault that Stellar died", but would you seriously think so when put in Shinn's position?
    I severely doubt that.

ohh Shut Up DDBen Kira Destroyed Destroy, Shinn might have slashed it first but Kira Killed It , period.

And dont post again, Kira was a lunatic in Seed several times did you complain then,

I'm Shinn > Kira Watched GS prior to GSD

i simply prefer Shinn cause hes more like me, Kira often takes the high moral ground on everything, IMHO he wants peace for everybody yet he doesnt commit to pacifism.

Kira is a fucking hypocrite.
    Also, it's annoying how he keeps stepping in acting like he owns the damn place. He should stay home and hug Lacus & the blind guy.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Kira is a fucking hypocrite.
    Also, it's annoying how he keeps stepping in acting like he owns the damn place. He should stay home and hug Lacus & the blind guy.
    He tried that. ZAFT didn't let him.