Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Theory: Why people like/hate Kira/Shinn

Theory: Why people like/hate Kira/Shinn

Kira >> Shinn GS prior to GSD

In terms of piloting, character, choice of gf. And yea I like Kira more than Shinn as well. Although I do find Shinn to be very interesting. Kira getting pissed and fed up with Athrun pushed his points way up when Savior was dismantled.

Shinn != Kira (GS before GSD)

I don't compare the two. They're too disimilar and one is not better than the other. Kira needs to stay out of the way so he stops making things worse than they are, unless he actually has a damn plan, Shinn needs massive amounts of prozac. If I had to pick, Shinn > Kira, but only because I feel Kira has been on a high horse all this series so far. Shinn is just misguided.

Originally posted by: Jurojin

I don't compare the two. They're too disimilar and one is not better than the other. Kira needs to stay out of the way so he stops making things worse than they are, unless he actually has a damn plan, Shinn needs massive amounts of prozac. If I had to pick, Shinn > Kira, but only because I feel Kira has been on a high horse all this series so far. Shinn is just misguided.
    Almost everyone in this series seems misguided. How exactly is Shinn misguided?

Well, he understandably has a lot of pain/angst/hatred in his system. But the problem is, w/o parents or some sort of role model in that respect, he doesn't have a positive outlet for it- put someone like that in a mobile suit that can vaporize cities, and he's then allowed to release that rage on those that may or may not deserve it. To top that, he isn't being disciplined like he should be, which just promotes his sense of self-right when he does whatever he wants.

I like Shinn, but that doesn't mean I don't think he's a pompous ass [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

How is Kira making things worse than they are?
    Besides if he didn't interfere, the show would have been over in episode 23.

Originally posted by: Jurojin

I don't really think Kira is on a high horse at all. He does what he believes is right. He was probably not planning to get involved whatsoever in the whole conflict if it had not been for the assassination attempt on Lacus. Another thing, Lacus pretty much thinks the same way as Kira. Lacus is a godess imo. Lovely voice and pure of heart intentions. Even with these characteristics, she is not just using pretty words. She backs it up. She commanded the ship Eternal and is currently amassing a military force. She even has or own freaking faction.

So yeah....

-------------------------------

The conclusion thus far from those who voted in the poll is that the majority of the people who posted think Kira > Shinn and have watched GS prior to GSD. There has been 1 person who watched GSD prior to GS and this person thought Shinn > Kira and therefore gives some truth to my hypothesis. However, this is not enough evidence to create a more solid relationship between the order of the series. There is also an unknown factor to the few people who think Shinn > Kira when they watched the GS prior to GSD.

My guess is that the people who watched GSD prior to GS are new to the forums and don't frequent it much therefore will make it hard to get accurate results. Someone could also rally them from IRC to come and post their opinions.

Thanks to those who participated and please continue your discussion.

Kira>Shinn. Watched GSD before GS (hell...didnt even realize there was a GS until like ep 7 of GSD). I say this on the basis that Kira is good enough to accurately shoot whatever part he wants off an enemy without going into seed mode. And like Shinn and Rey said, Kira has mastered shooting and his use of thrusters to the full potential, thus giving amazing mobility. They even admitted that it would be hard to defeat Kira. Proof enough for me that Kira is the better pilot, since even Shinn admitted it, however indirect that might have been to some people.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

this is not about who's is the better pilot, but who gets prefered best, gonna bring up naruto, even though jiraiya would smoke kakashi, i still prefer kakashi, i know that kira is the better pilot, but i just like shinn more than kira, kira just seems like a terminator on a mission to protect cagalli, but then cagalli tells him not to kill, or whatever, just the way he fights lacks emotion, emotionless fighting is cool, but only if your some kind of bad guy or anti hero, shinn however shows alot of emotion when fighting some1, and kira seemed ultra overpowered, the way he was portrayed was just like, ok everybody, if freedom gets here SCATTER!!!, like he was some supreme godlike alien from another dimension, im glad shinn ended his godlike spree in ep34, actually made me like kira alot more than i used to
    -----------------

well, if this isn't about who's the better pilot, I still prefer Kira. His crying is at least better than Shinn's cocky attitude and bitching and all.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

It is too bad that Shinn didn't listen to what Athrun said at the end of episode 17. At the beginning of the series Shinn annoyed me, but I just passed it off as him being his own character. Lately though is when I've really hated him. I just can't stand the way he has been acting or the way he has been talking to people.

Another similar (though not intended as being part of the above paragraph) note, what exactly would Shinn have done if he had managed to stop Stellar in Destroy. I know he isn't smart enough to realize this, but there would have been 3 options under the best case scenario for him.

1. Take her back with him to the Minerva, where she would become a POW again and be turned over to PLANT scientists to study.

2. Try returning her to the EAF again and hope they keep their promise this time.

3. Take her and go AWOL. With this not only would he be on the run as a deserter, but they wouldn't have whatever drug it is that Stellar needs to stay alive (this also applies to #1).

I cannot think of any other option (besides the one that happened, killing her which obviously he doesn't like that).

those are well thought out scenario's its to bad nobody actually thinks about what would of happen if a certain event happend ( Shinn-Lovers) so basicaly it was just her time to die shinn should just suck it up

Originally posted by: Dannynonsense
    those are well thought out scenario's its to bad nobody actually thinks about what would of happen if a certain event happend ( Shinn-Lovers) so basicaly it was just her time to die shinn should just suck it up
    Maybe he should but he still beat wussy boy due to superior tactics and strategy.

Steveness

Kira > Shinn; Watched GS prior to GSD

superior tactics and strategy? LOLOLOLOL your kidding right? ( Rey: Shinn, remember you are invincible, u will never die because he will never attack you directly. So whenever your missing a leg or head, just call for another one u got like 40 to spare anyways. JUST KEEP THROWING STUFF AT HIM, eventually he will fall. ) OKAYY~~~

Yeah i did think Kira was a little crybaby at the beginning of GS, and i mostly only like him because of his gundam. But if u do look at the situation at different point of views ( as it is shown in the anime ) u will understand how he feels. BUT SHINN? OMGZZ wth is he doing? getting n3kk1d with a girl he just met a few minutes ago, saying "i'll protect u, so hug meee <3" . AND after all thats happened with her killing 10,000 innocent people and killing his crew members, he doesnt care? Episode 34 really really.. just made me wanna hate shinn lol. at first i thought he was an aight character. BUT NOW FREEDOMS GONE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] god.. thx shinn.......asshole. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

superior tactics and strategy? LOLOLOLOL your kidding right? ( Rey: Shinn, remember you are invincible, u will never die because he will never attack you directly. So whenever your missing a leg or head, just call for another one u got like 40 to spare anyways. JUST KEEP THROWING STUFF AT HIM, eventually he will fall. ) OKAYY~~~
    Yes, i believe that is called a strategy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img], his utilization of impuse at least justified some of the screentime wasted in showing impulse transform haha.

For me, Kira = Shinn

The main reason i like kira is because i just love how Freedom owns everything haha, his character and crybabyness i can tolerate. Shinn i like beause he wasn't anything close to what i expected him to be when they first announced SEEd. i was expecting a carbon clone of kira or athrun but instead, we get a totally different character all together.

My one beef against shinn is his attitude, but that will change soon hopefully.
    "You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII
    Yes, i believe that is called a strategy [img][/img], his utilization of impuse at least justified some of the screentime wasted in showing impulse transform haha.

For me, Kira = Shinn

The main reason i like kira is because i just love how Freedom owns everything haha, his character and crybabyness i can tolerate. Shinn i like beause he wasn't anything close to what i expected him to be when they first announced SEEd. i was expecting a carbon clone of kira or athrun but instead, we get a totally different character all together.

My one beef against shinn is his attitude, but that will change soon hopefully.
    changer to what? Either he'll realize what he's doing is wrong and become a carbon clone Kira, or he'll destroy all the enemies, which will inflate his ego, and that seems to have no limit.

Shinn can calm down but still have some ego, he wouldnt become a carbon clone of kira since they are totally diffrent.

as for kira being a crybaby he isnt in GSD while he was in the begining of SEED he has matured now. calling him a crybaby now is just unfair.

to comment on shinns battle strategy, it was a good strategy and he used his suit to its full potential but that doesnt make him a better pilot.

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Curium
    It is too bad that Shinn didn't listen to what Athrun said at the end of episode 17. At the beginning of the series Shinn annoyed me, but I just passed it off as him being his own character. Lately though is when I've really hated him. I just can't stand the way he has been acting or the way he has been talking to people.

Another similar (though not intended as being part of the above paragraph) note, what exactly would Shinn have done if he had managed to stop Stellar in Destroy. I know he isn't smart enough to realize this, but there would have been 3 options under the best case scenario for him.

1. Take her back with him to the Minerva, where she would become a POW again and be turned over to PLANT scientists to study.

2. Try returning her to the EAF again and hope they keep their promise this time.

3. Take her and go AWOL. With this not only would he be on the run as a deserter, but they wouldn't have whatever drug it is that Stellar needs to stay alive (this also applies to #1).

I cannot think of any other option (besides the one that happened, killing her which obviously he doesn't like that).

options 4 and 5...

4. Approach Neo stating he wants to protect stellar and ask him for the means to keep her alive and offer him in return either. A) The Impulse or B) to take her and go AWOL. Being Neo cared about Stellar this would really be a win/win for him by leaving the Minerva completely defenceless and getting rid of a enemy Ace.

5: Being that Neo had the only operational EA Mobile suit Shinn could have performed a Raid on Neo's Ship and attempted to take the means needed to keep her alive. This would also require him to go Awol in the long run but he would certainly get away with attacking the ship as it was benificial to Zaft and also gains them the data they would need to keep a extended alive. He could also possibly in this case kidnap Sting and offer him to be disected in order to spare Stellar as this would provide Zaft with the needed data and a living extended to test even after disecting one.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Well I have already gone on a tirade about why I think Kira is a POS in GSD.... To sum it up, I'm in almost total disagreement with DDBen and about 60-80% in agreement with Terra.... Kira was better in GS because his character progressed over the course of the show, he was very human and despite being naturally kind reacted normally (Tooru sp!, ep. 50, the incident w/ Sai in the desert, his thing with Flay) and now he is a self righteous one-man army who jumps into battle and....

oh don't get me started.

Shinn > Kira watched GS before GSD

I have hopes that Shinn becomes a bad guy by the end of GSD, kills Kira, and then somehow manages to lose to Athrun. Him and Rey are pretty serious soldiers and don't doubt the ZAFT cause much at all.... His lack of respect for authority figures is marvelous!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Kira > Shinn; Watched GS prior to GSD

It is quite simple to me...

1. Kira is da man.
    2. Shinn is da biatch.