Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duel and Buster

MrWhite

Duel and Buster

Hey, new to the forums. After cruising this forum for a while, I couldn't find my question. Hopefully this isn't a repost. Now, to the point:

Where the hell are duel and buster? I mean, not talking smak towards the Zakus, but let's be serious. Phase shift or no phase shift? That a big ethical question for any of you? In my mind, obviously at the end of the Gundam SEED series, buster was pretty f'ed up, but no where near freedom proportions. So I'm thinking that it would be logical for Yzak and Deakka to still use their gundams! Or possibly we might get to see them in the later episodes?

Just wanna hear everyone's thoughts on the subject.

Duel and Buster

maybe dulinandal didnt think it was necessary to use those suits. they are afterall EA suits and for a commander and an ace pilot to use EA suits over the newly produced ZAKU's doesnt really give the troops much confidence does it? think of it like this. you are a zaft pilot that is given a ZAKU when you see yzak and diakka piloting EA suits instead the talk will start in a few seconds "are the ZAKU's weaker than those EA suits?" and stuff along those lines. to see a commander and ace to have confidence piloting ZAKU's gives the rest of the army a similar feeling. thats how i would have thought of it if being the one deciding about these suits.

Duel and Buster

werent they pretty much destroyed? ZAFT's technology and EA technology is different. They probably couldnt repair it, also didnt we already see Yzak inside a ZAFT suit? (some special commander edition)

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Duel and Buster

... ask Lacus. she is greatest merchant with gundams in Destiny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Duel and Buster

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    werent they pretty much destroyed? ZAFT's technology and EA technology is different. They probably couldnt repair it, also didnt we already see Yzak inside a ZAFT suit? (some special commander edition)
    Obviously they knew something about them because they repaired and upgraded Dual after he got knifed by Strike. Also, Dual wasn't really damaged at the end of SEED. He had to get a replacement shield and gun that were borrowed from the storage for Strike, but that was it.

Yzak was piloting a blue Slash ZAKU Phantom.

MrWhite

Duel and Buster

Oh come on, we all know that in the Gundam SEED Series, Buster, Blitz, and Duel were damaged multiple times even to the point of having their extremeties blown off. They were able to repair them then. What about now? I mean, look at the new gundams that PLANT has been producing. They seem to be based on the design of last series gundams. I just think that it's rediculous to throw away such excellant suits.

On the whole moral point, what's the bother of having zaku's when there are gundams being handed out? I better see duel and buster at the end of this series. Cause I swear...

Duel and Buster

hmm i dont think they will turn up again, i hope not, those suits were nothing special really and could be replaced by ZAKU's i mean strike had its 3 modes, blitz had stealth and various weird weapons, aegis was a mobile armor. what did buster have? 2 giant cannons and duel was a suckier version of strike really. i think yzak is way better off in his new ZAKU, as for buster while it was easier to use with the connectable rifles its not all that diffrent from the ZAKU diakka pilots now.

Missing Nin

Duel and Buster

Well more then likely Zaft just scrapped them to steal as much tech as possible and then improved upon the design thus creating the various kinds of Zaku Phantoms. Notice they both heavily resemble Dual and Buster. My guess is they had to give up the suits to rejoin zaft and get them to forget about betraying them.

Duel and Buster

Originally posted by: DDBen
    Well more then likely Zaft just scrapped them to steal as much tech as possible and then improved upon the design thus creating the various kinds of Zaku Phantoms. Notice they both heavily resemble Dual and Buster. My guess is they had to give up the suits to rejoin zaft and get them to forget about betraying them.
    I'm not really convinced that ZAFT has Buster. It was heavily damaged and aboard Archangel at the end of SEED. We know that Dearkka eventually returned to ZAFT, but they never really said that he left Archangel with Buster, it could still be in Orb.

Duel and Buster

They obviously removed Yzak's Duel to make him balanced with the rest of the characters.
    Had he kept his gundam he'd fuck over the whole cast, hell yeah.

Duel and Buster

HA! Yzak isn't that great.

*runs for cover*

Duel and Buster

Yzak is god! He killed off 2 druggies as if it wasn't even a big deal. Oh yes, those invincible druggies... he cut through them like peanut butter jelly! *insert dancing banana here*

Also, only reason he lost to Kira is because he was the main character.

YZAK POWAHHH

Duel and Buster

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Yzak is god! He killed off 2 druggies as if it wasn't even a big deal. Oh yes, those invincible druggies... he cut through them like peanut butter jelly! *insert dancing banana here*

YZAK POWAHHH
    I really liked the way he took out Forbidden, it was really cool, but Raider I don't give him as much credit for. The pilot was suffering through withdrawl pains for the drugs and was acting depserate and not fighting the way he normally would.

Duel and Buster

When Raider did random movements of extreme evilness, Yzak calmly calculated the situation and shot through it! That is true skill!

Duel and Buster

its cuz zaft has more advanced technology. No more need for those "experimental" suits after you take all the info you need on them, especially if you can get a better suit. By better suit, its not necessairly equipment or weapons, but rather the OS.
    "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."

Duel and Buster

YZAK POWAHHH
    I agee with you Terra. Kira and Athrun couldn't even take out those druggies while they were working together. The druggies wern't even working together and they were still beating Kira and Athrun's teamwork stategy. If Yzak can come out of nowhere and suddenly kill two of them like it was nothing then hell he must be the gunam pilot god of GS.

Duel and Buster

Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
    I agee with you Terra. Kira and Athrun couldn't even take out those druggies while they were working together. The druggies wern't even working together and they were still beating Kira and Athrun's teamwork stategy. If Yzak can come out of nowhere and suddenly kill two of them like it was nothing then hell he must be the gunam pilot god of GS.
    There are 2 differances from when they were fighting Kira and Athrun. The first being that Kira wasn't trying to kill at all, and Athrun may or may not have been trying to avoid it (though he did finally take out Calamity). The other is that even though they weren't fighting as a team, Kira and Athrun couldn't really focus on just one because the other(s) would take advantage and attack from another angle without even worrying about accidently hitting each other.

Duel and Buster

Originally posted by: Curium
    Originally posted by: FelixZeroAlastor
    There are 2 differances from when they were fighting Kira and Athrun. The first being that Kira wasn't trying to kill at all, and Athrun may or may not have been trying to avoid it (though he did finally take out Calamity). The other is that even though they weren't fighting as a team, Kira and Athrun couldn't really focus on just one because the other(s) would take advantage and attack from another angle without even worrying about accidently hitting each other.
    That second one doesn't count. Thats all strategy. They probably learned that from playing those games ,even though you only saw one playing a game. The first one you mentioned can be left to argue over though.

Duel and Buster

YZAK POWAHHH
    woo you just made me realize how uber Yzak is ahahah

Duel and Buster

Most likely, Zakus are the better choice of Mobile Suits. We know Zakus are high performance... their speed and maneuverability are comparable to Chaos/Gaia/Abys. They are certainly faster than Buster was, and possibly faster than Duel.

Their lack of Phase Shift armor doesn't mean as much as it used to, as Beam weapons are now the standard. And since Phase Shift doesn't help against beam weapons, its not so much an advantage as it used to be.

Zaku's are also armed well enough to be better/as good as duel and buster. Yzaks Zaku, especially suits him. It has a powerful ranged weapon system that allows both of his hands free for melee combat, which he seems to prefer. While Dearka lost some of his cool abilities (busters scatter type weapons), he's picked up a little versatility (beam rifle), protection (shoulder shield), and speed. Not to mention a main weapon which prolly has better one shot damage than the Buster could put out.

Add all that to the psychological advantage of having your aces flying your new signature suit, and well, its not hard to see why Duel is gathering dust somewhere. Maybe we will see it again though.