Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning System

Warning System

A warning system has been implemented into the forums. Everytime a user does not follow the rules or just ignores the rules a warning will be issued by the Moderators. The warning system will tally the number of warnings a user has and take action based on the amount.

3 warnings = 3 day ban from the forums.
    4 warnings = 1 week ban
    5 warnings = 3 week ban
    6 warnings = perma ban

Consider this a heads up.

Warning System

wats the decay on warnings, like weekly, monthly, every 6 months, or even at all?
    gotta plan my rule breaking accordinly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Warning System

good idea.

Warning System

Never. Why should we forget about a warning we gave you so you can forget about it too?

Warning System

so how in the world could u engrave every warning into ur head? wouldnt there be a lot?

You don't need to worry about that. From now on, please only post in this thread if you need to discuss about the parts of the announcements that effect only you as the forum user. Anything that is staff-side, don't worry about it. Only post if you need to ask about user-side issues.

GotWoot Moderator

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Warning System

bummer I got a warning within a couple days of joining. oops.

Warning System

i might be a good idea to place a form wich tells wich people has warings or for a part in the persons profile to show how many warnings that person has... u know a way to keep count.... it might be a little help full and it would give the admin the abilty to just chake one up on the profile......but thats just my thought

hmmmmm....

So thats what it looks like.

Is this system still implemented, or was it for the old forums only?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    the new layout of the forums uses a different warning system. It is on a scale from 0-100%, and increments go in 10s. At 100% the user is automatically banned.

However, the system for allocating warnings and instituting bans is not the same as the one used before. In fact, I'll be totally honest, the system is largely up to the mods/admins discretion at this time. At first this may seem chaotic, but I think it's for the best.

For example, new users often just get verbal warnings for first violations, even if they are multiple offenses or incredibly annoying things. But I hold older members at a higher standard, usually marking them up 10% for each offense. In rare occassions a single violation of the rules may be so gross as to warrant a larger warning (or a ban), but that's the way I do it.

I also set the expiration date for the warning level to return to normal at about one month's time, although sometimes I'll roll them back early more often than not.

that's just the way i do it. don't take my words here to make big inferences about the Warning system, because I really only speak for myself.

edit to below: Because you attacked a brand new member, for no real reason, and in the Introduction thread of all places. It was obviously unbridled flaming, and a violation of the rules. Besides, we can't let the most 'reputable' member of Gotwoot set a bad example for everyone else.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 08-01-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I did not know calling someone a fag was against GW rules and the person in question or his alleged friend did not even seem so bothered until the savior of all humanity and justice jumped in to save the world from all-evil.

I thought there was difference between sarcasm and flaming. You people need to chill out.

Also why 20%?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I imagine that your nearly 2500 post count and fairly high reputation would indicate that you should have at least some foggy idea where the line is. For a veteran poster to warrant a warning of only 20% means that someone was feeling a little lenient with you.

Newbies can warrant smaller warnings than that, but someone who's been around a while shouldn't need to be reminded of the rules of engagement.

Yes Sir.

Understood.

With the new system, could a moderator set a warning to never wear off? Masa made a point in saying he let's his wear off in about a month.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I've had 13 warnings so far. Who can beat that eh?

Quote Originally Posted by mage
    I've had 13 warnings so far. Who can beat that eh?
    13 warnings at 10% a piece would be 130%....

Edit: Also, I have a warning level of 30% all of a sudden...what happened to the PMs telling you "BITCH YOU GOT WARNED HERE!"?
    Last edited by ChaosK; Fri, 08-04-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    13 warnings at 10% a piece would be 130%....
    Some of them expire before the next one comes in, but I think i've been banned for exceeding the warning limit before.

I'm at 0%, not bad!

SK..........
    wtf are you doing here??
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    SK..........
    wtf are you doing here??
    Posting. Ban me now if my existence is so bothersome to your own.