Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning System

Yay. Is there any presents to be won?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopider
    Yay. Is there any presents to be won?
    ... where did that come from?

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    try not to stupid-up the Announcement section guys. If you have something to say about the system, do it. Otherwise go mess around somewhere else.

but to answer your question stoopider: Yes, you win a Ban when you get to 100%, or when a staff decides we're all better off taking a break from yourself and the rest of Gotwoot-society

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Hello ?igma it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
    I read, read and ..read.. if you have problems with this ^^ well, I probably dont have animated emotes for stuff that should be kept under the table Ill just hint it..hint..

Quote Originally Posted by Complich8
    I imagine that your nearly 2500 post count and fairly high reputation would indicate that you should have at least some foggy idea where the line is. For a veteran poster to warrant a warning of only 20% means that someone was feeling a little lenient with you.

Newbies can warrant smaller warnings than that, but someone who's been around a while shouldn't need to be reminded of the rules of engagement
    Ha! You got off easy Jadugar... I got 30% for posting an Akatsuki member's name in a manga-only thread title - and I'm a complete newb!

Fight the ban

So if you get 100% warns and get banned, what's to prevent you from just creating another userid and causing more trouble? Do they ban IPs or something?

Watch, I'm going to get warned and banned for necro-posting.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    na, you are right. Your question is valid and needs a answer

100% on the warning bar should ban you for a set amount of time. This amount of time is determined by the staff member that is giving the warning that is pushing your warning level to 100%.

In most cases a temp ban longer then a week is discussed by the staff as a whole, however we trust the judgement of our fellow staff members if less then 3 have time to discuss (Note a admin's judgement is final and can veto any mod judgement in any matter any time)

We do not ban IP's for the simple fact that people if they really wanted to could use other ways of coming back. It's a known fact that IP's can change and different locations have different ones. As well all the IP's you log into the forum with are recorded, so in other words we know if your IP matches a member we have banned. Ban evasion results in immediate banning of the new account and at least a week (most times a month) extension of the ban on the first (already banned and original account)
    Last edited by Deadfire; Fri, 06-01-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    image fail!

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I think it's a bad idea to have extremely rigid policies, because they encourage people to find the edges of those policies and ride them as close to them as possible. We're all sort of making it up as we go along.

If you're an idiot who keeps coming back over and over again making the same sort of ass out of themselves, and you can't take the hint that warnings and bans should be sending you, AND you come across as enough of an idiot that you couldn't find a proxy, then I have no problems ip-banning you. If you ban-evade but take the hint and behave well, I find myself fairly indifferent these days.