Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.
    you know...making a MG to a PG is way easier than making a HG to a MG....so not much skills are needed...
    for MG to PG, all that is needed is just to add a little extra joints on the feet and fingers....that's simple like hell...
    cuz the real main difference for PG and MGs are just the armor lines and some joints that MG can't perform easily due to it's size....

Originally posted by: DDBen
    also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
    High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
    Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)
    there's a HG 1/144 for strike rouge, it's a strike rouge+I.W.S.P.
    and there is also strike rouge custom kit for PG 1/60 strike (I.W.S.P. unit) by B-club

Originally posted by: DDBen
    as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.
    but in impulse's case..it's different...the 1/60 is cheaper than a HG 1/144 impulse...lol!!!

i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.