Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1449

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

You can say Real Grades are 1/44 models with Master Grade quality and reception of this new Gunpla line has been generally positive.
    So far, there are only three kits in this line. The other two are RX-78-2 Gundam and Char's Zaku II.

1/144 scale, but much higher quality than a HG.

edit: (Whoops, totally missed your post Illrenmazou...sorry about that)

As for Epyon, I just finished building MG Deathscythe Hell and am a bit disappointed in it. Add to that I've never really been impressed with Epyon in the first place, I'll probably skip it. If it were Tallgeese on the other hand....

1/44? So it's bigger than a PG?
    Or did you mean 1/144?

Anyway they do look kinda good.
    -----------------

The only model kit grades that are bigger than a PG are the 1/48 scale kits. Currently we have the RX 78-2 and Char's Zaku II.

Speaking of Gundam Wing MGs, I really hope Bandai will include these extra parts for Heavyarms Ver. Ka and the Full Armor Parts for Sandrock Ver Ka.

Jesus, thats enough missile spam to make any ship in Macross envious.

Since they have released 3 of the 5 ver.ka MG kits of wing, the other 2 will most likely follow. Personally I think the Heavyarms ver.ka is actually cooler then the anime version..

Probably kind of late to be asking, considering how many years I've been putting kits together now, but what's so special about Katoki designs? What sets his apart from non-Katoki kits?

KIMOCHI~II

He changes them slightly, mostly making them more sleek and "cool".
    With gundam wing however he actually made some completely different designs based on the originals, like wing gundam ver. KA.
    I think that is where it basically started.

Most MG's have been going this route anyway, even though they don't explicitly mention it, you can clearly see a Katoki like influence on several of the SEED MG's, like SF, Impulse and Destiny.
    -----------------

Nothing much.. but Hajime Katoki is a renowned mecha designer, who sometimes customizes/redesigns some mobile suits. There is nothing 'special' about them, it's just that they are redesigned by Katoki.

Ah, thank you both.

It's kinda-sorta an issue with me, as a collector, when it came around to deciding which version of the MG Unicorn to purchase. In the end, I got the MG re-release, but there's still exists only the ver.ka MG Sinanju, hence a bit of a dilemma.

KIMOCHI~II

Well, In the case of MG Unicorn, the OVA version (the re-release that you mentioned) is slightly better than the Ver. Ka because it has better articulation and a slightly different sculpt (OVA version has vulcans and they shrunk down some of the armor pieces to improve the articulation).

As for the MG Sinanju, I don't think there will be a non-Ver. Ka model since it doesn't need any fixing.

Didn't they rerelease Unicorn twice?
    I personally still like the Ver. Ka more, it might not be as articulate but it simply looks better.

edit:
    it seems hlj has got a pretty sweet sale going on atm
    -----------------

Yep. There's also the MG Unicorn with the MS Cage. I believe it's the OVA version that is bundled with the cage.

The Unicorn with MS cage is the OVA version molded in 'HD colors', giving it a little bit more glossy finish.
    There are only a few different parts in the OVA version, and the 'old' parts are included. I have both the ver.ka and the HD color+MS cage version and I can say that the increase of articulation is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji View Post
    The Unicorn with MS cage is the OVA version molded in 'HD colors', giving it a little bit more glossy finish.
    There are only a few different parts in the OVA version, and the 'old' parts are included. I have both the ver.ka and the HD color+MS cage version and I can say that the increase of articulation is minimal.
    Yeah, saw the runners holding the old parts- maybe I should do a side-by-side comparison myself. Oddly glad to hear that the increase of articulation is minimal, the more I heard about it, the more I was beginning to think that the Unicorn ver.ka could only move as much as the FAZZ model.

it seems hlj has got a pretty sweet sale going on atm
    Alas, I can't buy stuff from hlj, anymore, not after realizing that I'm going to get ripped off someway, or another. I say this while hauling home The-O I found for $90 USD tucked away in a corner of an Animate in Hong Kong.

KIMOCHI~II

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel View Post

Alas, I can't buy stuff from hlj, anymore, not after realizing that I'm going to get ripped off someway, or another. I say this while hauling home The-O I found for $90 USD tucked away in a corner of an Animate in Hong Kong.
    Try amiami or hobbysearch.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I realised I didn't post any pics of my completed PG 00 Raiser. Well, I didn't airbrush it but I did use a matte spray finish. More pics over at my facebook page.

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    How would you rate the results Psyke? Does the matte spray do a pretty good job, or does it still leave a fair bit to be desired from the finish?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~