Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1449

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Jumbo Grade? holy crap:

and MG unicorn, first MG to feature "Revoltech joints", supposedly a great improvement for extreme posing:
    http://akibahobby.net/2007/12/mg_unicorn_sample.html
    -----------------

The Jumbo Grade is like 1/30 scale, right?
    I wonder what the level of detail is. About HG or more like PG.
    Too bad they aren't model kits.. just models

MG Destiny EBM shipped yesterday

Sorry to disappoint you dark, but MG Unicorn's articulation of the knee joint is very hampered. But I guess the level of detail and the transformation makes up for the flaws.

I didnt say articulation, i said extreme posing, holding a certain pose for a long time without wear or holding objects that would normally be too heavy, also i just made a note about the type of joints, not the unicorn itself, that is most likely a design choise.
    -----------------

The next thing they should improve is the hands. The grip of HG in particular is horrible. Getting them to hold a gun or staff can be a pain. Even with MG kits I have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    The next thing they should improve is the hands. The grip of HG in particular is horrible. Getting them to hold a gun or staff can be a pain. Even with MG kits I have that problem.
    But with models of those scales, isn't it usually the case that the fingers joints work in tandem with unit-specific inserts in both hands and equipment to provide "grip?"

As far as that goes, I, at least, don't see any problem with them; unless you are suggesting that HGs and MGs be equipped with fully-functional fingers.

KIMOCHI~II

Not really.. the HG models I have from Gundam Wing simply cannot hold their weapons. Deathscythe (and Hell Custom) can't hold his scythe properly, Shenlong and Nataku can't hold their weapons either. The HG Aegis from Seed has pre-shaped hands, so that doesn't really count.
    For the MGs the same thing applies. They do have attachment points for the guns and beamsabers, but especially the guns are mostly too heavy to really stay in their place. I found this with Strike Freedom FBM to be especially true. The guns let go really soon, and it's almost impossible to make him hold his gun when it's combined.
    It could be that I need more patience or I'm doing something wrong, but this is my experience.

Individual fingers like the PGs would be great, although I think they'll snap easily.

But I'm happy that Bandai did something to the joints of the kits. The elbow joints of the HG Wing ones are so bad that it is saddening.

Not really.. the HG models I have from Gundam Wing simply cannot hold their weapons. Deathscythe (and Hell Custom) can't hold his scythe properly, Shenlong and Nataku can't hold their weapons either. The HG Aegis from Seed has pre-shaped hands, so that doesn't really count.
    For the MGs the same thing applies. They do have attachment points for the guns and beamsabers, but especially the guns are mostly too heavy to really stay in their place. I found this with Strike Freedom FBM to be especially true. The guns let go really soon, and it's almost impossible to make him hold his gun when it's combined.
    It could be that I need more patience or I'm doing something wrong, but this is my experience.
    All right, I've just finished up the MG FAZZ (sans hypah mega lazer), and I think I'm inclined to have to agree with you, now. Despite the fact that posing the arms on that thing is a pain, it cannot seem to support the weight of the double laser cannon past a certain height when held by hand (attached to the arm, it's fine).

KIMOCHI~II

It's Done!

After a long time I finally found the time to finish painting my 1/144 Tallgeese.
    Here are some pictures:
    front:

back:

Gun: (on the right you can see the customised closed up shield.)

Guntip: (I made the tip open again, like it is supposed to be.)

Customised parts: (I closed up the openings from the hip armor and the back skirt, so it looks more solid.)

Constructive criticism is welcome.
    Be gentle, since it is my first painted plamo

I'm not too happy with my marker-skills, but from a little distance you don't see any flaws at all.

Good first attempt. I prefer my paint matte rather than glossy, but I guess it's a matter of preference. I'm not sure if it would help, but here's the guide I wrote a long time back, for people begining to paint their Gundams.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

MG Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 - mass-production type, April
    MG Strike Gundam + Sword Striker & Launcher Striker - April, 5,250 yen
    HG Gundam Nadleeh - April, 1,260 yen
    HG Gundam Throne Drei - April, 1,680 yen
    BB Senshi Sangokuden Koumei Re-GZ - April, 630 yen
    In Action!! Offshoot Guren Mk II - Summer
    In Action!! Offshoot Gloucester - Cornelia custom, Summer
    GFF Gundam Mk III - May

.........yet another strike MG.

Wish they made the PG parts of the Sword and Launcher Striker packs..PG IWSP would rule too..

The 1/100 Gundam 00 kits, are they HG?
    The 1/100 Virtue can turn into Nadleeh.. looks really sweet.

Is nobody model-kitting anymore? What happened to this topic?

edit: Found this today: Master Grade Force Impulse
    Last edited by Harima Kenji; Mon, 04-21-2008 at 04:52 AM.

Actually, Ive been rather busy lately putting together 4 MGs (wing gundam ka, nu gundam metallic coating, MK II ver 2 and cross bone full cloth). Im going to order hyper mode master gundam and I have MG impulse and 1/100 overflag on pre-order.

That's the spirit!

I've ordered:
    MG God Gundam
    MG Shining Gundam
    MG Master Gundam
    MG Gundam Spiegel
    MG Qubeley
    HG Saviour

Kinda sucks that the 'anime head' extra for Master Gundam im discontinued at HLJ.. looked sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Good first attempt. I prefer my paint matte rather than glossy, but I guess it's a matter of preference.
    I have to agree with that. I havent done any in a while (money's been tight) But the matte paint works better. For me, the gloss paint show off way too many imperfections that were made during the painting and assembaly process.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

I'll give matte a try when painting my 1/144 D. Hell.

edit: after painting the legs in white paint, I found that it's not a smoothe as I had with the gloss paint.. does this go away?
    (I paint by hand, no airbrush)
    Last edited by Harima Kenji; Mon, 04-21-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Currently in the midst of putting together the HG Buster, which is taking far longer than it should, since this is the first time I've had to paint every piece, just about (damn set of five sounded like a good deal at the time...). Will be ordering the MG Sazabi in due time.

KIMOCHI~II

I was actually putting together MG master gundam, but then school work caught up with me again, so ive only finished the arms so far.

But yeah MASTER GRADE FORCE IMPULSE OMGAWD!! >_>
    -----------------

Kinda sucks that the 'anime head' extra for Master Gundam im discontinued at HLJ.. looked sweet
    Yeah I dont know....I mean it looks cool in a way but it also looks kind of freaky too.

BTW future plans are to get MG musha gundam and the new RX-78 whenever they come out.

...and i still have my fingers crossed for MG Double X and ZZ 2.0.