Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Originally posted by: PTX-003C
    Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    PTX PLEASE... STOP....... TYPING ........ LIKE......... THIS........
    but it's true.....
    a normal hobbylist will tell you that right away...
    "if you don't have enough money, don't start the hobby"
    cuz you will end up being a half decent only...which is worst than not knowing at all....

if you guys can't accept the truth...i really can't help it..
    First, Astronopolis was talking about the way you type. You use sentance fragments followed by the "..." rather then real sentances. I think it is annoying him.

Now to my point, you REALLY need to work on you attitude. I would like to be able to work on models and make them "perfect". However I know my limitations. I don't have the skill, supplies, or money to make every model into a PG (I know I'm exaggerating a little). On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the best I MIGHT be a 70 on a good day. I take the parts off the plastic trees and snap them together like the instructions say too. That is it. I see the pictures of models other people do online and wish I could do that, but I know I can't. Heck, I don't even always get the pegs that hold the parts on the tree completely off. All that, and it doesn't matter 1 bit. I enjoy putting the models together and having them around afterwards.

I am a true hobbyist. I do something with my free time I enjoy just for the shear enjoyment of it.

YOU are an obsessive compulsive freak that can't understand real life. Nobody is perfect at anything, and just naturally some people are not as good as others. Your need to automatically insult and/or attack everyone that doesn't happen to be as "dedicated" as you just shows your luck of reason.

i know noone is perfect...but i do think if you try to do a thing...either make them perfect or just give up...that's my policy...and i think really....if not enough money...don't even start it...or a half decent thing will be worst than nothing...if i do go into one hobby or anime, i will really go detailed on every single parts... that's how life should be...detailed on everything...that's why you can tell ...my life is only on few experties, i gave up chasing bands and stars since 5 and had my life into anime...if you going to start anything...make it perfect...also, i think collection andd hobby are basically different things.....hobby is something you can actually work on and collection is basically just on the money and luck...

also...it's definitely not work...the whole point of the fun is to make them absolutely perfect with all the skills you have...then you absorb more and try again...until it's really perfect to everyone...

last, i think hobby is basically something you do whenever you are not working for your living...it's a part of your life...not just free time...if you are just doing them in free times...i don't really call that hobby, i call those messing around...

P.S. sorry for these "..."s....it's just my chatting style on the net....can't really help it...i do it whenever i am thinking for next sentense...

Originally posted by: Astronopolis
    PTX PLEASE... STOP....... TYPING ........ LIKE......... THIS........
    but it's true.....
    a normal hobbylist will tell you that right away...
    "if you don't have enough money, don't start the hobby"
    cuz you will end up being a half decent only...which is worst than not knowing at all....

if you guys can't accept the truth...i really can't help it..
    DUDE THE SERIES OF PERIODS AFTER EVERY THING YOU SAY IS IRRITATING, PLEASE USE PROPER PUNCTUATION

Edit: sorry didnt notice your post there Curium, thank you for clarifying for me

yay~~finally out!!!
    buying it for sure....

RB-79K Üüë,08MSŠH
    áü«ü  Ð?À¤
    ¹±üë  1/100
    ·êüº  Þ¹¿ü°ìüÉ(MG)
    z?å  2005t5 ì
    š¡  \2,400

Sadly then your hobby will lead you to an emptiness since you will never become perfect at modelling. Perfect is something unattainable. You only play with HG and trying to improve on them. You don't try to be perfect and make MG and PG even better than they are. How can you be a true perfectionist in this case?

You constantly contradict yourself and make statements that rarely hold any ground. I think before you start thinking on your next sentence you should reread the one your on and evaluate your post as a whole before hitting that button to post it up.

Do you classify yourself as a hobbyist? It seems with all your talk you are trying to play yourself up as a perfectionist when you only can afford to work on HG or no grade models. If you really did want a challenge and a test of skill you would be working with MG and PG trying to make them even better. Other than this I can't figure you out. Your points are off the wall and are constantly lacking.

Here are the version KA models of the Endless Waltz Gundams. Only Wing Gundam was made into a kit, the rest didn't make it.

As for the topic concerning PTX, the last thing I wish to say is that my modelling skills are far from perfect. I've still got a long way to go and a whole lot to learn and explore. Yes, I strive to improve but will I ever be perfect? And do I really care about being perfect? All I know is that I'm having fun doing the models and the sense of satisfaction I get whenever I complete a model is enough for me to carry on having modelling as a hobby.
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    Sadly then your hobby will lead you to an emptiness since you will never become perfect at modelling. Perfect is something unattainable. You only play with HG and trying to improve on them. You don't try to be perfect and make MG and PG even better than they are. How can you be a true perfectionist in this case?

You constantly contradict yourself and make statements that rarely hold any ground. I think before you start thinking on your next sentence you should reread the one your on and evaluate your post as a whole before hitting that button to post it up.

Do you classify yourself as a hobbyist? It seems with all your talk you are trying to play yourself up as a perfectionist when you only can afford to work on HG or no grade models. If you really did want a challenge and a test of skill you would be working with MG and PG trying to make them even better. Other than this I can't figure you out. Your points are off the wall and are constantly lacking.
    i do have a few MGs and a PG GP-01 and Zeta.......but i find no challenge in them at all...not to mention they are way too close to perfect that it doesn't really allow people to customize them, but HGs and no grades have more choice, i can find a lot of the units that were never released in MG/PG...scene re-making is my main target for all the models i have...sadly i just don't have enough space here in canada to let me work on the stages and display them...all my scene works are still left behind in HK

and thosee 5 ver.Ka are B-club parts...they are really cheap...why not try to get one are customize them onto your model......i believe is around 3000~5000yen only

where ca i find these parts ( cause my store doesnt hav eem )
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    where ca i find these parts ( cause my store doesnt hav eem )
    no normal stores will order them
    you must go to japanese hobby stores to order them..
    or maybe you can order from Hobby Japan

That is just too cute. I'd kill for the Yzak & Heine ones.

And the Talia plushy is like "Do your fucking work, bitches!"

Awwww!

Also PTX if you're gonna flood the whole damn page with pics at least make sure they aren't almost identical...

that freedom and destiny are only no graders......no point buying...

that freedom and destiny are only no graders......no point buying...
    You really are a twat who thinks he knows all... They're both scratchbuilds from existing MG kits...

as you can see...

Example of the Strike Freedom -

I don't see you building entire kits out of plasticard now PTX [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

and reading through this entire thread, im REALLY surprised at the masses of misinformation being spread...

1) there are 1/100 High Grade kits for both Seed and Destiny. They no longer write it on the boxes but they are officially recognised by Bandai as such in their product codes. They also have identical engineering to the 1/144 kits, so in essence they are HG in all but name.

2) stop fucking confusing the No Grade articulation-less 1/144 kits with the High Grade ones...
    http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN933917 - High Grade 1/144 Abyss (you can *just* make out the HG in the top left of the box)
    http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932133 - No Grade piece of shit Zaku Phantom

Notice how the price differs by about 1000 Yen...

edit - sorry, feeding the troll... my bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    That is just too cute. I'd kill for the Yzak & Heine ones.

And the Talia plushy is like "Do your fucking work, bitches!"

Awwww!

Also PTX if you're gonna flood the whole damn page with pics at least make sure they aren't almost identical...
    i have to agree with ya on Yzak and Heine, wish i could buy those for my car.

Talia, Yzak, Heine and Cagalli are must gets for me

Originally posted by: Souryusen
    I wish I could justify spending $200 USD on this.
    It's not that expensive, perhaps $100 tp $120 USD. And guess what, PG Sky Graspher has been released, and PG Laucher/Sword Strike are announced.....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Damn, Psyke, those models like fine. Especially like the RX-78, gotta love those oldschool suits and the poses are neat, too. But one thing I gotta ask: the basic colour of both models looks like a grey while it should be white...is that because of the screenies turning out darker or did you leave the basic colour of the model as it is, when it's fresh out of the box. Just wondered, because I can see all the paint jobs, like brushing and stuff...

About that PG Strike: Something is odd with the looks of the suit. Like the shoulder pads, shouldn't there be more white and less dark grey? That actually goes for the entire suit, or is it a redesign or something? I really don't remember Strike to have that much dark parts on it's armor.
    Anyways, it looks terrific. Especially with the whole mobility going on with PG kits.

Originally posted by: Psyke
    Originally posted by: Souryusen
    I wish I could justify spending $200 USD on this.
    It's not that expensive, perhaps $100 tp $120 USD. And guess what, PG Sky Graspher has been released, and PG Laucher/Sword Strike are announced.....
    Hey Psyke, have you heard anything more about the PG Launcher/Sword Strikers? Your post back in July is the only thing I've been able to find about it. I just got the PG Sky Grasper and have begun saving up for the PG Strike, but if possible I would like to get those to go with the SkyGrasper as well.

Oh, got my Sky Grasper for $42 + shipping.

Wow that 1/100 Scratch Build Strike Freedom is really impressive =)

Just waiting for the MG anytime now... ^_~

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    Wow that 1/100 Scratch Build Strike Freedom is really impressive =)

Just waiting for the MG anytime now... ^_~
    how can you call that piece of crap impressive...=.=b

Because:

It's not literally CRAP!
    It's your OPINION that you think it doesn't look all that GREAT...
    As you said before, you don't like "wings" on Gundams, but maybe someone else likes it!
    What have YOU DONE that is BETTER than this so called "CRAP"?
    Why don't you just STFU and leave everyone opinions open?