Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
PTX you crack me up sometimes with the way you analyze stuff. I thought I was a bit of a unique thinker but you take the title on that one. There are lots of japanese stores online that sell in yen and will even convert to the US dollar. Or you can exchange your money online for the equivalent and pay in yen. And when you are talking about modellers there aren't many serious ones like you. Alot of the people in here have been going against what you've been saying. So you can take majority for what it is that your views on what needs the most skill and what modellers prefer to build as your own view.
Personally I like the room, scale and size of the MG and PG kits. They allow you for much more customization. You can get detailed beyond belief going even beyond the armor down the the servos and wires. You just can't afford the room that a MG and especially a PG offers you. Sure it takes alot of skill to make a HG or many no grades upto the quality of a MG or PG. But it takes skill to improve on the MG and HG as well. You can rebuild your HG models all you want, but as said you're gonna have a tough time with such small pieces even just getting the articulation down of the higher quality models.
HG are for modellers who can't afford to play with the bigger and better model kits while still offering quality that many no grades don't have. When you start playing with resins in that scale then you get abit more challenge. You need to actually visit some modeller forums and get your facts straight. After alil while in there you will see which models people find to be the most challenging and which need alot of skill to make look alot better than what they give you in the box.
Just cause I want to treat you guys to a guy with real skill. I'm maybe got half the skill of what this guy has. He put up some tutorials not to long ago which have proved useful. You prolly gonna need a translator thou.
http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/
His BAZ project is especially awesome. I love his Kampfer Zwei as well.
http://members12.tsukaeru.net/peck/bazproject/bazp.htm