Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    I think changing a HG models DOES requires handfull of skills to make it into a MG level, but I ALSO think that making a MG/ PG even better (although it's near perfect) into something beyond what it's already is would be a greater challenge to Modelers.

As for me I stopped buying HG models and stick with MG, because I find them more challenging to built and the extended amount of time it takes to finish the product. =D
    i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...

in the other hand....it's way more challenging to make HG able to move like MGs...

also remember one thing...the basic is always the highest level

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

i only agree with MGs has more detail and stuff....but since it's too close to perfect...it's really hard to find anything that's needed to be added....and MGs are way too stright forward....only thing needed is time...which is not much of a challenge...
    Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: PTX-003C

Than you have to use your thoughts and imaginations in making the MG even better now.. don't you? ^_^

But, whatever your opinions on whichever you think is more "CHALLENGING" is up to you. [img][/img]
    even you make someone near perfect perfect...not many ppl will notice it...
    so i think not much of a point to do more stuff on the MGs apart from the basic stuff...

All the Seed models I have (less Rouge) are all HG kits. Yes I know it does not have any grades on the box but it's widely accepted as HG grades in the shops where I bought them. So, the no grade 100 models you mention are the HG 1/100 grades I said.

I thought of doing what you said for Rouge, but like what I said it was really cheap when I saw it and I was attracted by the base, that's why I bought it. Would have loved to get the MG Freedom but I've already got the HG versions way before the MG was announced. I've got friends who still refuse to buy Justice Gundam because they are hoping for the MG version to be released.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

MG Justice Gundam would be really cool to have =D

Missing Nin

I'm curious if I was to pick up a freedom which would be better?

Gundam Seed 1/60 Big Scale Model:
    ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

or the

Master Grade 1/100 Gundam Seed Model:
    ZGMF-X10A - Freedom Gundam (Bandai)

I'm just overall curious if the 1/60th scale models are better then the 1/100 master grade kits. Note both kits cost the same amount which leads me to believe the Master grade kit is a much higher quality piece.

Yes, the MG is much more detailed and is actually re-designed. Check the previous posts for pictures with comparisons. The MG version also comes with a stand for you to pose your Freedom Gundam. For me I would buy the MG version, but if you can paint the 1/60 model it would look great too if you added your own stencils and shadows.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    MG is a much higher quality model than the 1/60. Scales do not determine the quality. HG/MG/PG can be used to reference. While people keep calling 1/100 HG I don't know. The HG models were built to 1/144 scale. I am trying to think of a bandai 1/100 that says HG on the box. MG are all 1/100, and PG are 1/60. The higher the grade the higher the quality in almost all cases. A few models got some decent HG although haven't made it to MG or PG.

If you want to customize your model and plan to make parts and are serious about modding it. I'd almost say go with the 1/60 since you will be rebuilding most of it anyways. But normal kits go like I stated above. The MG is gonna be better than that 1/60 detail wise just smaller scale wise.

So basically PTX-003C you don't do the MG or PG becuase they are too hard for you to make better. I would say that about sums up my point I was trying to make. Sure it does take skill to improve the HG to make them like the MG quality. It takes even far more skill to improve on the quality of the MG or PG. If you can't agree on that then I don't understand why you bother to even argue since it debunks your whole point.
    you know...making a MG to a PG is way easier than making a HG to a MG....so not much skills are needed...
    for MG to PG, all that is needed is just to add a little extra joints on the feet and fingers....that's simple like hell...
    cuz the real main difference for PG and MGs are just the armor lines and some joints that MG can't perform easily due to it's size....

Originally posted by: DDBen
    also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
    High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
    Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)
    there's a HG 1/144 for strike rouge, it's a strike rouge+I.W.S.P.
    and there is also strike rouge custom kit for PG 1/60 strike (I.W.S.P. unit) by B-club

Originally posted by: DDBen
    as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.
    but in impulse's case..it's different...the 1/60 is cheaper than a HG 1/144 impulse...lol!!!

i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    -----------------

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    i really dont know where you saw that, cause i still cant find impulse at the so called 10$ price
    We've already been over this (with PTX being rude I might add). He said the price is only available in some stores in Japan if you go there in person.

Missing Nin

I"m lazy so if I bother I'll go with the Mastergrade freedom Kit. I just picked up the eternal for no other reason then its a really neat model with justice, freedom and providence along with both meteor units and all of the random guns and launching bays in a 1/1700 scale model. I'm also tempted on the archangel kit that can be built and painted as either the Archangel or the Dominion (which would of course require obtaining 2 such kits).

also didn't someone say that there wasn't a high grade of the Strike Rogue because.... (or if it was a mastergrade they also have one of those)
    High Grade 1/144 Gundam Seed Model MSV-01:
    Strike Rouge Custom Kit (Bandai)

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Deblas
    But MG's cost more, don't they. That's the prize you pay for being lazy I guess.

as I said both the 1/60th and the MG are exactly the same price in this case.

then get the MG, really
    -----------------

I think getting the MG would be a better choice also.

Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?

Anyone planning on getting the 1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam?
    After seeing episode 28 I want to...same with blast impulse

Hahahah i see i'm not the only one that is interested in this model! ^^

Sword Impulse is being released this month. You can definately expect Blast Impulse soon, but I feel that either Abyss or Gaia will be released before that.