Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Episode 135 Discussion!!

Episode 135 Discussion!!

a strong body is something he could create himself. it's the sharingan which he has no control over that he wants. where does it say that Oro does not want Sasuke to kill Itachi? i'd conjecture he'd want Sasuke to take out Itachi for him because Oro sees Itachi as his only true threat. but conversely, he might not want to Sasuke to try for fear of Itachi killing him and Oro losing his container. but when does Oro say he does not want Sasuke to fight Itachi?

Episode 135 Discussion!!

It doesn't say, but it's pretty obvious that Sasuke's very important to him and no matter what he can not afford to lose him. Sasuke's merely a future container for him, and chances are slim that Sasuke can defeat Itachi with Orochimaru's given powers when Orochimaru himself is weaker than Itachi....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Episode 135 Discussion!!

I know Oro is fixated on the sharingan because of the easyness to obtain new jutsus.
    But has he never thought about the byakugan?
    I mean, it's not that hard to get a Hyuuga. Also, we still don't know most of the secrets of the byakugan.

It's just that oro is so hardheaded to learn all the jutsus in the world [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    If not, he could detect any threat in advance, he'd be fleaying before Akatsuki even get near him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Yes it is slim which is why Oro is training him to be better than just a genius ninja who relies on a seal. Of course the seal does not afford Sasuke that much power to kill Itachi. While Oro believes he cannot defeat Itachi, I am more than willing to bet that he is confident that Sasuke can eventually do it. Oro has so much faith in the Sharingan that if anyone is gonna beat Itachi, it'll be a sharingan user (being only Sasuke and possibly the 3rd Sharingan which I doubt Oro knows about) or Oro using the body of one. That's not stated but what I believe.

Sasuke is important to him...but the fate of Itachi is just as important. After all it was Itachi who drove Oro out of Akatsuki. It is Itachi's strength Oro gauges in his goal to be the best ninja. Itachi's existence directly shapes how far Oro will go to become the most powerful ninja.

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Originally posted by: Psyke
    It doesn't say, but it's pretty obvious that Sasuke's very important to him and no matter what he can not afford to lose him. Sasuke's merely a future container for him, and chances are slim that Sasuke can defeat Itachi with Orochimaru's given powers when Orochimaru himself is weaker than Itachi....
    Perhaps, but I would think that the only reason would beat Orochimaru is because of the amazing amount of power given by the Sharingan, so he may not be immensly stronger than Oro with out the Sharingan.

Also to chet, I don't think that Oro is simply trying to be better than Itachi but rather he thinks that the amount of jutsus you know directly relates to your power. I think he aims to be the strongest ninja ever, that is to learn all Jutsu and then be the strongest possible ninja.

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    Miaka, i knew someone would say something along the lines of feeling emotion to judge voice acting, but its still more to it than that.

People say that french is the language of romance, because the dialect has a very romantic feel to it. Does that mean that french actors are the best actors for romance movies? No. Does that mean its easier for them to take on romantic roles than people with other dialects? Well probably yes, I think a person with a scottish accent, for example, would just feel awkward as some romeo, no matter how good his acting is. However if you're from scotland, then maybe you'll be more easily moved by a scottish romeo than other people would.....who knows?

Terra: how many laxatives did you take to pull that one out of your ass? Actors and actresses take their careers seriously, no matter where they're from.

The problem here, is that people always fail to realize that voice actors for dubs have a MUCH harder time than the original voice actors. You are locked in to specific timeframes for not only sections of dialogue, but even the spaces between open and closed mouth frames of the characters. Sometimes they have to say words slower or faster than natural to fit what needs to be said with the animation. Alot of times extra dialogue has to be awkwardly thrown in just to fill the void. It's not as easy as you'd think.

well actually carrying emotions across is what all voice actor is about.. i mean they can't even show their emotion though their face.. so they would have to do with emotion.. and the fact that i don't understand what they are saying.. but can tell what emotion state they are in.. means that they are doing a good job..i mean when a voice actor really is crying herself when they are acting a sad part.. that they are doing good job.. and yes accent /language sometimes i guess helps.. since some languages has some feeling to it.. but i m not talking about just one feeling.. i mean variety of feeling (annoyed, sad, angry, happy, ) or even the type of voice that fit s the character(goofy, calm, etc) . japanese anime companies i think generally does a good job of choosing voice actors that fit..(not all the time.. but most of the times..)

well yes.. dubbed voice actor would of course be little more harder.. but that would mean that they would have to work as much as harder...... to not be able to carry out much emotions... is no excuse.. (and most of the times.. can't even pronounce the names correctly..-> shows how much effort they are putting huh...) i am sure that they can pick ones that really fits and really voice act as that character.. but i don't think amercan anime companies are taking their time to choose ones.. (to me they also seems to just pick the ones that only fits few type of that character's voice) For ex) if a chacter mostly goofy.. they just take that.. and pick one that doesn't fit the other type as in when the character gets serious.. or etc

what do you think voice acting is about? it's really to speak as if you are really in that situation.. and carry that feeling across to audience.to get audience to feel like they are in that situation.. to make them feel as the character....

EDIT: @assertin: okay okay.. it is HARD.. but it's still no excuse for being that bad....i mean to the fact you barely see any emotion carried??
    @Y the alien: well in that case is little different.. because some american names have been Japanized.. like Smisu?? for Smith.. or something like that..

but anyways.. pronunciation was a little part.. THE BIG FACT IS that american anime companies does a crappy job at picking good voice actors.. i mean Hollywood have good actorsand actresses (acting: acting + voice acting) .. and i just think that they can do better (way better) at picking voice actors!! but it might have to do with them trying to save money.. maybe.. V_V....

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Terra: how many laxatives did you take to pull that one out of your ass? Actors and actresses take their careers seriously, no matter where they're from.
    1, you are wrong.
    2, I didn't make that statement up. It's old. I merely agree with it.

@Y: I don't give a shit about cultural differences. My opinion has nothing to do with that.

My opinion in short:
    English voice acting generally sucks.
    Japanese voice acting doesn't.

Amen.

Also,

<@Terracosmo> My opinions are facts!
    oh really? hmm, do you mean like bruce lee old, or godzilla movie old? either way, the only references I hear about japanese acting is that of the comical parodic nature

Most of the best movies ever made came from Hollywood.

Miaka: Dub voice acting is a LITTLE harder? I think having to alter the entire production process of a cartoon in regards to animation and sound interaction results in a little more than a slight inconvenience. As for pronouncing names...well....it happens when characters are given names that aren't native to the country that is dubbing <<shrug>>
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Originally posted by: miaka

. (and most of the times.. can't even pronounce the names correctly..-> shows how much effort they are putting huh...).
    Kind of like how Japanese voice actors can't pronounce the English words and names they throw in for no fucking reason?

Episode 135 Discussion!!

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    1, you are wrong.
    2, I didn't make that statement up. It's old. I merely agree with it.

@Y: I don't give a shit about cultural differences. My opinion has nothing to do with that.

My opinion in short:
    English voice acting generally sucks.
    Japanese voice acting doesn't.

Amen.

Also,

<@Terracosmo> My opinions are facts!
    oh really? hmm, do you mean like bruce lee old, or godzilla movie old? either way, the only references I hear about japanese acting is that of the comical parodic nature

Most of the best movies ever made came from Hollywood.
    Dude, I don't include live movies in "voice acting". I'm only talking about cartoons/anime.
    I'm well aware about the occasional non-stop comedy that is Japanese movies. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Episode 135 Discussion!!

oh, then in that case i suggest you watch Invader Zim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07