Page 79 of 144 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and playing it now. It's great so far, especially the fight with Miss Liberty
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I picked up a $20 PSN card and purchased Uno and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. Uno seems to be quite different from the one I have on 360. 6 players instead of just 4, 7-0 play type, and the ability to Jump-In. I've been having a blast playing online and managed to crack the top 50 and obtain the Gold Trophy.

From magicbox:

Japanese magazine Gemaga posted a list of the 10 most disappointing games in Japan, 4 games belong to Square Enix:

1.Thunder Force VI (PS2, Sega)
    2.Final Fantasy VIII (PS, Square Enix)
    3.Seiken Densetsu 4 (PS2, Square Enix)
    4.Gyakuten Saiban 4 [Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney] (NDS, Capcom)
    5.Rogue Galaxy (PS2, Level 5)
    6.Super Mario Sunshine (GC, Nintendo)
    7.Unlimited SaGa (PS2, Square Enix)
    8.Devil May Cry 2 (PS2, Capcom)
    9.Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (NDS, Square Enix)
    10.Blood of Bahamut (NDS, Square Enix)

Surprising about FFVIII, since I've always thought IX was the one people didn't like.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I thought FFIX was a beautiful game. But I'm with them on 8. I hated that one with a passion.
    Though, since it is a list of disappointing games, even if people liked 9 less than 8, the disappointment that 8 was might've lowered their expectations, making 9 less of a disappointment.

Im actually surprised the Japanese have FFVIII there as well. I could expect if from the Americans, whose dissapointment isn't directed upon the game itself, but rather on the fact that Cloud wasn't there anymore.

FFVIII is actually one of my favorite FF's, behind FFVI and FFV.

The only FF I haven't played, from the mainline, is FFXI. And I'll never touch it. Neither will FFXIV.

I agree with the whole list cept 1 and 10 since I never played'em.

I'd put DMC2 ahead of Rogue Galaxy though.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    FF VIII is my favorite one
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

FF VIII IMO was the best - I'd rather play FF VIII again than VII. Maybe because it was my first FF game - but i still love it. Put DMC 2 on higher position.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I can't see what's wrong with 4 and 6, but that's my opinion of course.

Currently playing Uncharted 2 multi beta. Loving it, and cannot wait for the full game, one of my most anticipated in a few years.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Currently playing:
    TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    I picked up a $20 PSN card and purchased Uno and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.
    I found this new port by ubisoft highly disappointing. I think Konami's SNES port of Turtles in time was better. What do you two think?
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    I found this new port by ubisoft highly disappointing. I think Konami's SNES port of Turtles in time was better. What do you two think?
    The port is good if compared only to the Arcade version. But yes... I liked the SNES version more.

I hate the fact that you can spam the super (triangle) without losing HP. And I miss several of the stages, like the Technodrome.

I think I miss the original music from Turtles in time. The remixed music doesn't sound good to me.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

i borrowed my friend's Call of Duty 4 once again. Singleplayer is just epic, and lan multiplayer is great too. I have claymore effect too - i hear claymore sound - say f**k and then I die.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

More Champions Online. I've got three characters or so up to level 25, so each gets a nemesis now.

I play some of my other games on consoles...but superhero MMOs with excellent character creators have always been my weakness.

Is the game fun? How grindy is it? I picked up Aion and have a 23 Ranger, and I'm bored out of my mind. I was used to grindy games like Lineage 2, but since WoW I've been spoiled. My mentality now is that, in this generation of MMO's there shouldn't be a need for excessive amounts of grinding. I had pretty high exoectations for it.

But it's just another grindy Korean MMO with SOME quests here and there to mask the fact that there isn't much content really. Which is silly considering that it's been out for around a year in the Eastern hemisphere. Not to mention the visuals though of high quality, are stale and quite bland. I haven't gotten to the Abyss to get to the real crux of the PVP, but I don't intend to. It's just going to be uphill.

There are a few who complain that you level too fast in CO. The current cap is 40, and it is not all that hard to hit (unless you make four alts and play them just as much).

It's not grindy at all. Basically, you gain squat from grinding mobs. But the quests give out tons of experience. You can easily get from level 5 (end of tutorial) to level 19 in two days, like I just did with a telepathy build. After that, the game slows down considerably, and each level takes some time, as the experience needed outpaces the missions.

Missions are generally the same sort of fare, collect items from boxes, take out a couple mobs, but the variety in some of the instanced missions is a lot of fun. In the low 20s, you start getting missions where you use your crafting aptitudes to flip switches and such that can make the mission that much easier. Other things like holographic disguises show up infrequently. You can solo 80% of the missions with any build.

There's also a lot of the humor in the story arc texts. Mad cowboy robot amusement parks, ultra-right wing Canadian radicals, kung fu love stories, etc.

PvP is fairly unbalanced. You can do great, or min/maxers will exploit you to death in seconds. But it isn't essential like Warhammer, the game in primarily PvE.

There are no classes in CO, you can pretty much make whatever themed character you want by just grabbing the power from another set. Demons, sword-wielding gunslinger, high-tech power armor, powerful psychic with pyrokinesis, etc. Some sets mesh better than others do, based on your stats, but it is more fun to diversify and make a themed character. As such, the character creator is only beaten by City of Heroes, which benefited from years of additions.

If there is a downside, it is that it is both really easy, and really hard to play with your friends. There are no shards, just instanced maps (100 max). You can switch whenever you like, but you'll probably never see the same person twice. Communication is global, type in a person's handle, and you'll find them on whatever character they are using. That doesn't make it any easier to get used to a usual crowd.

Crafting is actually useful. You can make consumable devices like a flamethrower sort of thing, health items, and equipment that can be better than what you get from normal missions. It's also really easy to get caught up on where you are supposed to be in terms of skill by breaking down items.

All in all, it is a lot of fun. I can't speak for endgame though, because I spent too much time across too many characters (pretty typical for me). They are still messing around with a few things since it has only been a month, and PvP will probably be broken forever, but I'm not much of a PvPer in most MMOs (that's what Warhammer was for).

I've been playing flash game canabalt for some time.

Here is my current record:

Man, everyone's playing some awesome game and here I am just finishing Professor Layton and the Curious Village on the DS.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I want to have the music from canabalt, don't like the game though

Shadow Complex. XBLA GOTY for me.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day