Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2864

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Played Batman:Arkham Asylum on X360 at the relatives', not sure why it's rated so highly. The combat seems very boring, just a lot of button mashing of the same 1 or 2 buttons. The side missions are silly and more bothersome than worthwhile. What bugs me the worst is the voice acting. I guess I'm too used to the Bale/Ledger/Oldman voices from the new movies. We didn't get very far in the game, and I'm not missing it at all.
    Really? The gameplay was indeed easy, and playing it on hard just made it "tedious hard" and not actually "fun hard". I also didn't like detective mode and how easy it made things. Plus, the boss fights were very lack luster, especially Joker fight. Ivy was probably the best boss fight. Other than that i thought it was a fine game. Cool story and I thought the voices were done rather well. I liked the sneaking around as well. Gave it a MGS feel to it.

Not the best game, but it's not a bad game either. I do agree it's a little overrated.

You're just too mainstreamed. Mark Hamill and Michael Conroy are as exceptional as they usually are in their animated counter parts, Mark Hamill especially.

@animus: Thinking Batman and Joker's voices should be like in the long-running animated series is far more "mainstreamed" than liking the voices from the movies. I've always preferred the darker side of the Batman and Joker characters. The animated series made them too cartoonish and clownish. These are dark, emotionally-twisted characters we're dealing with, not superheroes and super-villains. Their voices should fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Really? The gameplay was indeed easy, and playing it on hard just made it "tedious hard" and not actually "fun hard". I also didn't like detective mode and how easy it made things. Other than that i thought it was a fine game. Cool story and I thought the voices were done rather well. I liked the sneaking around part. Gave it a MGS feel to it.
    Gamespot gave it a 9.0. That's rating it as a great game, which it's not. It's probably better than any other Batman game, but that's not saying much.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

You should probably look mainstream up, since you don't know what it means.

These are super heroes and super-villains. It's a comic book. What did you think the source material was? Based on a true story? If you wanted a twisted voice, Mark Hamill easily sounds more twisted than Ledger.

I thought it was a great game, you don't. Opinions.
    Last edited by animus; Mon, 11-02-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    You should probably look mainstream up, since you don't know what it means.

These are super heroes and super-villains. It's a comic book. What did you think the source material was? Based on a true story? If you wanted a twisted voice, Mark Hamill easily sounds more twisted than Ledger.

I thought it was a great game, you don't. Opinions.
    Yep, and you know what they say about opinions and a**holes... you are one.

You should maybe read some Batman comics sometime, instead of just basing what you know off the animated series. He's no superhero. And his enemies are not supervillains. None of them even have super-powers. They're just criminal geniuses and wackos. You think an asylum could hold a supervillain who can bend steel or shoot lasers from his hands?

The voices set the wrong tone for the game, and the game lives up to the poor voice acting, resulting in a poor game.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

You should maybe read some Batman comics sometime, instead of just basing what you know off the animated series. He's no superhero. And his enemies are not supervillains. None of them even have super-powers. They're just criminal geniuses and wackos. You think an asylum could hold a supervillain who can bend steel or shoot lasers from his hands?
    Killer Croc - Superhuman strength, regeneration.

Clayface - shapeshifter, occasional superhuman strength (depending on which one you're referring to).

You're getting out of a lot of it when you said "criminal geniuses," since a lot of them have gadgets and knowledge on their own, but saying none Batman's enemies are supervillains just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Killer Croc - Superhuman strength, regeneration.

Clayface - shapeshifter, occasional superhuman strength (depending on which one you're referring to).

You're getting out of a lot of it when you said "criminal geniuses," since a lot of them have gadgets and knowledge on their own, but saying none Batman's enemies are supervillains just isn't true.
    None of them are particularly "super".

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I'm an opinion? Cool, now grow up.

Maybe YOU should read the comics sometimes. You clearly haven't played the game much or know anything about the Batman universe. Poison Ivy doesn't have super powers? She controls plants with her mind. Killer Croc doesn't have super strength and have crocodile genes spliced into his DNA? Bane doesn't have Venom injected in his body allowing for a super huge body and super strength? And these are just the villains from the Batman Universe in this game alone.
    They're all results of freak accidents, not nature. Real supervillains are results of nature.

None of them are particularly "super".

They're all results of freak accidents, not nature. Real supervillains are results of nature.
    What? I have no idea where you got that from, since it doesn't make any sense at all.

But if you want to get technical, Killer Croc has had a metagene from birth that gave him strength and hardened skin.

I'm an opinion? Cool, now grow up.

Maybe YOU should read the comics sometimes. You clearly haven't played the game much or know anything about the Batman universe. Poison Ivy doesn't have super powers? She controls plants with her mind. Killer Croc doesn't have super strength and have crocodile genes spliced into his DNA? Bane doesn't have Venom injected in his body allowing for a super huge body and super strength? And these are just the villains from the Batman Universe in this game alone.

Then spiderman and hulk arent super either, cause they are just results of freak accidents too, seriously stop this nonsensical shit and get back to talking about games.
    -----------------

I have no idea what you're trying to do You're either trying a pathetic troll attempt or you're honestly ignorant. Killer Croc isn't even the least of which that could be considered a Super Villain compared to many others in the same Batman Universe.

Also, you don't need to have super powers to be considered a super hero or super villain. Batman's in the Justice League, and every single person there is considered a super hero.

But I'll humor you.Batman Villains Wiki And I assure you, Killer Croc's not the only "super villain" on that list from the Batman Universe.

But, I'm not the only one, next to Gamespot that thinks it's a great game.Metacritic

Lulz BATMAN isn't even that cool guys, Kratos would fuck his shit up. And yes, Animeniax is a pathetic troll. If you look up his post history, he takes every opportunity to respond to my posts with some lame ass comment(s) about some shit that doesn't even make sense and half the time isn't even in context. For proof, just wait for his reply to my post.

So anyway, I've been playing that God of War III demo, and it is the sheeeeeet. The voice acting in God of War III is going to blow any B-grade Batman production out of the water any way you look at it so we can just end that debate now, thanks. (In all actuality, any production is going to look B-grade in the shadow of God of War III.)

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Lulz BATMAN isn't even that cool guys, Kratos would fuck his shit up. And yes, Animeniax is a pathetic troll. If you look up his post history, he takes every opportunity to respond to my posts with some lame ass comment(s) about some shit that doesn't even make sense and half the time isn't even in context. For proof, just wait for his reply to my post.
    One more bit of irony and the universe will implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    So anyway, I've been playing that God of War III demo, and it is the sheeeeeet. The voice acting in God of War III is going to blow any B-grade Batman production out of the water any way you look at it so we can just end that debate now, thanks. (In all actuality, any production is going to look B-grade in the shadow of God of War III.)
    I Kratos, i kill stuff, i manly.
    Last edited by UChessmaster; Thu, 11-05-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

GoW3 will be no better than Batman:AA. Mindless Button mashing and bad voice acting. Right up Stitch's alley. It will keep him out of his mom's hair for a few days at least, so she'll buy him a copy.

For once I have to agree with Stitch, GOW's voice acting is pretty damn good. Though the combat is pretty simple and really easy.
    -----------------

Voice acting doesn't really matter in GoW in my opinion, since it's a fun, mindless button masher that'll keep you busy for a couple days.

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origin at the moment and it's pretty awesome. It's a genuinely hard RPG, i can't remember that last time i had to kite a boss around while my range characters attack him in order to win.

Ha, my brother was able to return his copy of Batman: AA to Gamestop. Seems they'll accept games purchased used within 7 days of purchase.

Waiting for CoD:MW2 on Tuesday.

2 of my cousins and I have just finished going through MGS 1-3 and we're going to play through the original MG games to continue on with the story then finish up with MGS4. I don't think I've ever seen such a complex story weaved into a game series...so much so I'm usually asking my cousins questions like, "who's that?" and "where did they come from?" That Kojima is a mad genius.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i was thinking of playing MGS2 since I never played it...

it came out in a period of my life where video games were far from a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    i was thinking of playing MGS2 since I never played it...

it came out in a period of my life where video games were far from a priority.
    It's more of an interactive movie than a game, IMO...I think you spend more time watching cut scenes than you do playing. And when you do actually play, the controls can be a little frustrating at times. At the very least though it's worth checking out for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    I just found a Gamecube Disk with four Zeda games on it. After spending a few minuted on the original NES game, I'm playing Ocarina of Time now.
    You didn't finish the original game?