Page 65 of 144 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2864

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

i just go through story, but i focus on scouts/shocktroopers and i leave snipers and lancers 1 lvl lower, then comes engineer. Works great for me, because i just love to run to the enemy with my scouts and shoot them in the face from close range, snipers were great distraction for the enemy on the recapturing the bridge mission - jut get one of them onto the tower and shoot at the Ragnite "barrels", after that tanks will focus on sniper(10% chance to hit him or lower), lancers are pretty obvious to keep them high, and i use engineer only for repairing tank and restocking ammo(i just keep her behind tank and repair when i need).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Junior
    Kingdom Hearts 2.

My brother restarted it and now so am I.

Ah...the good ol' days with Goofy and Donald.

Killzone 2 multiplayer is the motherfucking bomb.

Anyone want to join my clan?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Kingdom Hearts 2.

My brother restarted it and now so am I.

Ah...the good ol' days with Goofy and Donald.
    Junior still exists

Currently playing:
    Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga
    Star Ocean First Depature
    Dragon Quest IV DS

I'm playing Valkyria Profile Covenant of the Plume right now(along with quake live, Valkyria Chronicles and Defcon). Great game for now - plot is interesting, gameplay is well made but damn hard(good thing for ds game) and by really damn hard i mean that you can spend whole day trying to get past one battle. There is no way to train your characters if you can't pass the battle - and that is a downside.

Oh and thank god that squeenix haven't made "yet another save the world" type plot. Its dark themed and it focuses heavily on your morals. You got the Valkyria Plume, which you can use to empower characters, but after battle they die, they really die - there is no way to "revive" them after this, of course this affects plot dramaticly based on who you will sacrifice.

It is possible to finish this game without sacrificing(i'm trying this - except for one guy - he pisses me off so he is dead).
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

All of Squeenix's games suck except for two, and they happen to have "save the world" plots.

The two games in question are Illusion of Gaia (Enix) and Final Fantasy VII (Squaresoft).

Resident Evil 5 : The Mercenaries
    Seriously, this is like the best shit ever, I seriously hope capcom brings in some char DLC, like leon/hunk.claire :x.
    -----------------

been messing with FF:Tactics but thinkin i might try to get Wild Arms off PSN for psp since its cheap....damn my multiple collectin addictions ruinin my budget

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    i remember playing the first resident evil and it made me mad that I'd spent money to rent it and that it was so hard to knife those damned zombies !

they definately made it more player friendly in 2-3, never played 4 and dunno if i'll play 5.

Game: What game are you... Fri, 03-27-2009 04:14 PM what a sore loser

You probably negative rep me because you're too young to have played the first resident evil.
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Tue, 03-31-2009 at 08:11 AM.

I am playing Star Ocean: Last Hope. Eh... it's alright, I guess. Lack of save points and long cutscenes kind of drown it out, but the combat system and characters make up for it for their nostalgic gameplay and cheery atmosphere, respectively.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48178.html

Some new gameplay videos from the FFXIII demo that came packaged with the Advent Children Blu Ray set. There's more videos on the first page on gametrailers.com
    Last edited by animus; Fri, 04-17-2009 at 06:24 PM.

I feel sorry for xbox360 owners - demo of FFXIII takes 5.6gb - now imagine the size of full game and that you have to swap those discs. Unless they 'll install the game engine on HDD(which would be a bad idea - not everyone have got a hdd in their xbox) it 'll take much more space than ps3 vers because they would have to include engine on each dvd.
    I'm plaing Last Remnant on PC. really good game, plot is interesting but at start main character is more annoying than Luke from Tales of the Abyss(instead of being jackass he is just too stupid) but after 1h of game he gets better.

Disc swapping really isn't a big deal, unless it is badly implemented like Star Ocean 4. We did it constantly in the PSX era, did it in the PS2 era (rarely), and if you were an unfortunate gamecube owner, you did it all the time. Even PC games have had a history of swapping, like Baldur's Gate, Wing Commander, Oregon Trail (on two 5 1/4 floppies!). It has never once bothered me.

I just hope we don't get screwed with FFXIII like we did with Star Ocean on audio tracks. There's plenty of room on a Blu-ray, and if you're already disc swapping on the 360, what's the difference with leaving more data? Square-Enix should get with the times and start putting dual audio tracks on their flagship games. Atlus has been doing it for years, it doesn't really cost them anything additional if they are going to get a dub anyway, and I'm tired of listening to terrible voice overs when I know there was a much more professionally done version out there. Final Fantasy X and X-2 were fine, with a few notable exceptions. Still, fighting games, Nippon Ichi games and other Atlus titles like Odin Sphere have spoiled me forever.

Developers have done some amazing things through compression techniques given the space limitations on XBL Arcade and DVD9, all that space on the blu-ray just makes ps3 devs lazy and not bother. It won't be as bad as you are making it out to be.

Lost Odyssey, 4 discs
    Blue Dragon, 3 discs
    Star Ocean 4, 3 discs
    Infinite Undiscovery, 2 discs
    Last Remnant, 2 discs
    All multiple disc games, the only RPG that are single disc on x360 are Eternal Sonata and Enchanted Arms (which is actually a pretty big game, with dual audio).
    Also I highly highly doubt the filesize is that big because of the assets in the FF13 demo, there simply aren't that many shown.

It's a combination of the compiled engine, uncompressed assets and of course duplicate files, blu-ray read speed is pretty slow already, combine that with the access time for the 50gb disc and you get loading that is abysmally slow.

And actually Ryll, it would cost them extra, every disc after the 3rd one means extra royalties towards MS, though I doubt the game would be bigger then 4 discs.

Anyway I'm trying to finish up Dynasty warriors gundam in time for DWG2 next week =D
    -----------------

Tales of Vesperia was 1 disc also.

I'm sure it'll be larger than 4 discs. The only reason LO was that large was cause of the amount of CG and cutscenes though it was also a 40-50 hour game. And this game might just outdo them in that category due to it's history of it. However, I'm not sure how long this game is gonna turn out. Hopefully it won't be one of those shitty 20-30 hour ones we've been plagued with.

On that topic of new games, Tri-Ace is releasing a new game published by Sega (wonder why no SE?) titled End of Eternity. Not that much has been released, and it looks a bit on the weird side, though gunplay seems to be a big factor.

No game series will ever out-cutscene the three Xenosaga games, in terms of the ratio of gameplay to cut scene length.

I've kind of had it with JRPGs of late. They were always a little bit cookie-cutter, but now that Final Fantasy and the rest of the franchises have slipped thoroughly into science fiction and left the fantasy far behind, it's only gotten even worse. I find it harder and harder to actually finish one than ever before.

The absolute linearity of some of them has really ruined it for me too. It's hard to continue to defend them when Western RPGs have been getting of higher quality in overall terms, though often the writing still needs some work to catch up.

I'd love if the Japanese could come up with another dark strategy rpg (especially you Squeenix, no more light-hearted bullshit strategy rpgs). There's a few out for the PS3, but I'd really like one on the xbox. Given how xenophobic Japanese developers are without a big wad of cash, that doesn't look like it will happen any time soon. Hell, I'd take one on the Wii, but that's even less likely to happen.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Dark strategy RPG? get Valkyria Profile Covenant of the Plume on DS - great but damn hard game.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Tales of Vesperia was 1 disc also.

I'm sure it'll be larger than 4 discs. The only reason LO was that large was cause of the amount of CG and cutscenes though it was also a 40-50 hour game. And this game might just outdo them in that category due to it's history of it. However, I'm not sure how long this game is gonna turn out. Hopefully it won't be one of those shitty 20-30 hour ones we've been plagued with.

On that topic of new games, Tri-Ace is releasing a new game published by Sega (wonder why no SE?) titled End of Eternity. Not that much has been released, and it looks a bit on the weird side, though gunplay seems to be a big factor.
    Speaking of Vesperia... its being ported to PS3
    And the developers said they were adding everything that had to be cut out of the Xbox360 version due to disk space issues. Its going to have a new character... and I think they mentioned its going to be fully voiced.

Yes it will be fully voiced - and it will be a loli.
    ToV is not released in Europe yet, it 'll be released for x360 in June and 2-3 months later for ps3 if i remember correctly. I think that ps3 version will sell more in Europe.

Right now im playing Empire total war and Medieval 2 total war(with mods). Im a fan of the total war franchise. There's a lot of ps3 games that I really want to play but sadly I can't afford a PS3 .

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.