Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    What? I love Halo 3, easily my favorite FPS. That said the campaign is short, really short, you could go through the entire campaign in one sitting and it'll only take you a couple of hours. So unless you're going to play on Legendary and try to get all the campaign achievements, I don't see you playing it for more than a few days at most. Minus the multiplayer, there really isn't much to Halo.
    Well that's disappointing to hear. I've never been much for X360 achievements, so I'm playing whatever level is between normal and legendary I think. I can always go back and continue Burnout: Paradise. Still waiting on reviews of RE5 before I place the order.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat.../residentevil5

Few reviews there. I'm gonna get it when it's out, though prob after a week or two.

Halo 3 is the only real deathmatchy action FPS this generation, ie huge jumps, power ups, etc. akin to the old Unreal Tournament or Quake days.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Halo 3 is the only real deathmatchy action FPS this generation, ie huge jumps, power ups, etc. akin to the old Unreal Tournament or Quake days.
    Perhaps in terms of following, but a larger part of the reason I've never gotten into the Halo games is because it couldn't be less like UT or Quake. Quake and UT are both big twitch shooters. High accuracy and quick movements will save your life.

For someone used to playing UT or Quake, playing Halo is like constantly slogging through mud. It never really feels like you are moving fast enough. Even the original Call of Duty felt worlds faster.

There's always some guy halfway or more across the screen with your head in his sniper rifle's sights. Give me a decent Flak Cannon and we'll see how well Master Chief would really fare.

Finally got to finish Final Fantasy IV DS. Im giving my NDS some vacations now, since I just picked up my PSP after months of leaving it forgotten. Just begun Star Ocean on it and it completely rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Perhaps in terms of following, but a larger part of the reason I've never gotten into the Halo games is because it couldn't be less like UT or Quake. Quake and UT are both big twitch shooters. High accuracy and quick movements will save your life.

For someone used to playing UT or Quake, playing Halo is like constantly slogging through mud. It never really feels like you are moving fast enough. Even the original Call of Duty felt worlds faster.

There's always some guy halfway or more across the screen with your head in his sniper rifle's sights. Give me a decent Flak Cannon and we'll see how well Master Chief would really fare.
    I'm not a huge advocater or a Halo fanboy, but Halo 3 is extremely high twitch and high accuracy, just like UT and Quake. There is no recoil. You can't compare it to CoD4. You should watch some of the MLG Pro videos of people playing, they are world's apart from what you usually experience in Pubs, and shows what can really happen when you're REALLY good and not just playing when you have an extra 15 minutes of free time.

I didn't compare it to CoD4 (another game I'm not that big of a fan of), I can only compare the original Halo (PC) to the Original CoD (PC) in terms of my own experience. In the original CoD multiplayer, you'd pop around a box and fire off a quick burst from a russian machine gun, killing your opponent. Halo levels are so open in comparison, you always seem exposed.

Maybe Halo 3 is better in terms of twitch, but even when I cranked the sensitivity all the way up on the xbox or the 360, it still felt like moving through molasses to me. FPSs on a console will just never be for me.

I will check the videos out though.
    EDIT: Watched some videos, I am hereby impressed.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Wed, 03-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.

I still don't get how you can play such fast paced FPS game on pad. It just seems wrong for guy who played his first fps at age of 5(Duke Nukem 3D).
    I personally suffer from same thing as Ryll - not enough sensitivity and precision(i can't seem to fit right after the dead zone of analog to make slight movement, and it is worse for me on xbox360 pad(got one for pc) than on ps3 one) on pad compared to mouse(i'm a guy who plays on 1500 dpi + maximum speed at windows and when i was playing UT3 i use 7/10 sens in game if i remember correctly).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I bought House of the Dead: Overkill and... it's what the title says. You're in a house with a lot of dead people and you kill them. It's overkill if you have a buddy playing with you.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    I still don't get how you can play such fast paced FPS game on pad. It just seems wrong for guy who played his first fps at age of 5(Duke Nukem 3D).
    I personally suffer from same thing as Ryll - not enough sensitivity and precision(i can't seem to fit right after the dead zone of analog to make slight movement, and it is worse for me on xbox360 pad(got one for pc) than on ps3 one) on pad compared to mouse(i'm a guy who plays on 1500 dpi + maximum speed at windows and when i was playing UT3 i use 7/10 sens in game if i remember correctly).
    I've been playing FPS since I was young and sure there're limitations with dual analogs but it still works very well with enough practice.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I've been playing FPS since I was young and sure there're limitations with dual analogs but it still works very well with enough practice.
    That's true too I guess. That's probably also one of the reasons they don't have both console and PC version competing. Everybody suffers the same handicaps with the dual sticks.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quake Live.

Take great gameplay of Q3A, add to it more maps, plus make it browser based - and you got quake live - surprisingly it works very well. Join the beta, create account and play one of fastest shooters from anywhere.

back to fragging.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Finally got Fallout 3 and Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3. Just finished Killzone 2. I love the multiplayer, just finished doing the pistol ribbon so I can quick draw, I love being the medic though, total ownage if you know how to run away and use those med packs.

Currently on Chapter 5 of Valkyrica Chronicles fighting one of the first generals of the Gallion Invasion. Fallout 3 is bad ass though, just finished the "Those" quest where you have to kill all those fire ants. So far im enjoying these 3 games, just can't wait till they push more of the consoles to their limits .

Edit: Also I did the whole perfect stats from Gamefaqs just incase people want an even built character.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Picked up Persona 4 on the cheap, so I'm just a few hours into it. I kinda feel like I'm doing it wrong with a lot of the dialogue choices, but hey, I can always play through it again.

I'm probably gonna pick Persona 4 up in a few days after I finish Star Ocean: TLH.

Funny, I'm going to do the opposite, but replace "days" with "weeks."

Finished Halo 3 on heroic mode. Awesome game. Much more satisfying and thrilling than the previous 2. New vehicles (I think they are new) and much more diverse levels than the other 2 as well. I think it took a good 12+ hours to complete, though I had to repeat several levels so that explains the length of time.

I'm playing through on Legendary mode now.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Picked up Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (my namesake) a few days ago.

I like Radiant Dawn but these type of games just feel so much more right on a hand-held. The original was notoriously difficult and this one is the same but a few accommodation like one time use mid-battle save points does help a lot. The redone 2d graphic for the game is great but I'm not particularly fond of the clunky 3D battle animation but overall the game is pretty good for 30$.

Valkyria chronicles is really great. currently at chapter 4.
    This game has:
    -Visual novel-like driven plot
    -Great strategy experience
    -Stylish graphic
    -Great plot

only thing this game lacks is multiplayer mode.

Madworld, pretty awesome game.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Valkyria chronicles is really great. currently at chapter 4.
    This game has:
    -Visual novel-like driven plot
    -Great strategy experience
    -Stylish graphic
    -Great plot

only thing this game lacks is multiplayer mode.
    Lol that would be bad ass though, I wouldn't mind a multiplayer. I leveled up my shock troopers and scouts to level 10 before doing chapter 4 lol. Spent like 35-45 minutes just leveling from the 1st skirmish.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham