Page 26 of 144 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

In other news: The DS Lite is pretty damn sweet.

The downside, however, is your friend code changes for all your games, since the code is derived from both the cartridge and the DS.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I reinstalled with a sleeve of new mods ( get mods here ) and am enjoying it greatly once again.

Playing a sharply dressed transvestite dark elf who likes to cast pretty fireballs while frequently changing his hairstyle has never been as entertaining. Seriously!
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Finished Suikoden Tactics. A very easy game, yet fun.
    As for my next tactical RPG, I'm moving onto Makai Kingdom. So far, it's soooo much better than Disgaea (no more item leveling, YAY!!) and the comedy is just as good. Where else do you have a self-proclaimed most freakin' badass overlord who is so impulsive that he somehow turns himself into a book? There's not as much story since not every level has cutscenes, which is the only disappointing part so far.

I've been playing Space Cowboy Online for a few days. It's actually really fun, I'm enjoying myself on here so far. It's a space shooter mixed with RPG elements. The PVP in the game is really cool, especially when a war breaks out between the two featured nations.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I'm also playing an tactical rpg though mine is on PS1. And that game is Saiyuki Journey West, its just like I'm playing FF Tactics. If you havent played it I suggest you do. So far since I picked the girl as my main character the relationship between her and Goku reminds me of Inuyasha and Kogome right down to the spell to keep him in check if he acts up.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    www.naruto-arena.com

just started. I got owned.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    i am still paying MapleStory,. every server are getting even more populated...

DotA , Maplestory and O2jam ... leveling in maple is hell..

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Currently playing Chrono Cross and FFVII again.........ah the good ol'days

Hitman: Blood Money, fun game except the outrageous amount of space it uses up on a PS2 memory card. 2200 kb for saving progress? Bullshit. Absolutely bullshit. I will throw that file away as soon as I tire of the game.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect, fun, although I really wish games would stop being so hard to unlock stuff in...

I hate that. I am a person who wants EVERYTHING in games, but it's just impossible in some of them. I want gaming to be fun, not to feel like an effort...

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    replaying Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne

god... so many noob hacker now...

Student
    i play puzzle bubble! since all the other shooting games and killing games are so damn hard.! i once played maple story, complicated! i have no skills for games! but when it comes down to puzzle bubble! you'll never find anyone better

Genin
    go xbox!.
    although freecell is quite fun
    BANZAI

<rant>I'm playing Chrono Cross on a PS emulator. And I have to say that it's awful. The fights are boring as shit, and that's like 90% of the game. How the hell could they mess that up? I mean they're all the same, it's too easy to win, the combat system sucks ass and the worst part is that you don't get any exp. You actually don't level up from fights. Just about every aspect of the fights suck, except for the boss fight which at least offer some difficulty.

I actually managed to break the game a little because the fights were so easy. There is a part where you are supposed to freeze some lava so you can get across without getting hurt and handle the enemies in there. I thought this was just a difficult part and you were supposed to get hurt. So I went ahead and started all fight with 1 hp. This was actually the best part of the game and the only part that demanded some skill.

The magic/spells system in the game is just lame. There are like 3 or 4 useful spells and you have like 70 slots to put shit in. You actually only need some healing spells. Offensive spells are pretty useless since you can just as well do ordinary physical attacks for more damage.

I think the plot sucks as well, I don't know really because it's conveyed so poorly.

All the characters suck. There are like 50 characters or something and all of them are below average in every way. Ordinarily in RPGs there are characters that are either good at magic or fighting or a balanced mix. But here all the characters fucking suck.

So all in all this game fails in all areas that make a RPG fun to play.

Skip this piece of shit and play Chrono Trigger again instead.</rant>

Rogue Galaxy, absolutely awesome rpg by Level 5, props to z for telling me about this one
    Samurai warriors 2 (x360)
    Def jam icon demo
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    replaying resident evil 4 on hard mode. it can really be a bitch sometimes, even in the beginning..
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Bleach Heat the Soul: 3...mostly because they finally got characters to do bankai.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Battlefield 2142

I don't know I'm not really a FPS guy myself...however I'm just so addicted to this game
    image fail!

Genin
    @ el_boss: I'm currently playing the game and i don't have a problem with it. Yea the fights are pretty easy but they do help you level. Once you reach a new star level, the next 5 fights help bring up your stats till you get a Rainbow Stat boost (it boost almost everything across the field).
    The spells help a lot. I don't know how you are playing it, but if your physical attacks DO NOT do the same amount as your spells (except for your main character...his physical attacks are awesome). If you turn the field to a certain color, your spell of that color does more damage. Also if your opp is yellow, use a green spell (hurts them a lot more). Red--> use blue, white--> use black, green--> use yellow and Vice Versa. In the beginning when i didn't have fun with the fights i just used Kid to steal stuff from everyone. That somehow made it fun
    I can't really compare it to any other game b/c I've never really played anything like it (just started the old school RPG's).
    As for the story, its weird as hell. I think you're supposed to have played Trigger before this to understand and appreciate a lot of it. I only understand and appreciate a bit of it 'cause i have the stupid 12-year old kid who wrote the FAQ to tell me every other step of the way how something is related to Trigger. BTW, he loves the music and can't f*cking stop writing about it!!!!! The major plot development happens more toward the second half than in the first so stick with it.
    Characters : with this many there is always a best of their Element. Use him/her unless you like someone else. Guile (in the beginning) does tremendous amount of damage with is Wanda spells. Everyone else kinds sucks but i used kid cause i liked to steal.
    By the way, There are combo attacks with your characters Elements. They are supposedly Devastating. I haven't tried them b/c i forgot to get the lvl 7's for my Arni Village ppl and i can't talk to anyone back in Home Arni.
    Ohh yeah, it also has New Game +. At a certain point in the game you get back everything you originally had in the game prior. (if you play the game 3 times through you could get everyone in the entire game). I think thats when it gets fun b/c you can do all the combo Element stuff. I still have yet to finish my first time through (i only play like once every week or so).
    Btw, what console was Chrono Trigger for?
    i saved a unicorn

I get the element system, but it still suck. The fight are over before I have turned the field anyway. And physical attacks do more damage actually. An elemntal attack takes 7 stamina points. With that amount you can do two 2 hit and one 3 hit. That will net you something around 150 - 200 damage (I have pumped up my characters with dragoons gauntlets/honors). This is at the point I'm playing now. I just finished the dead sea part. And your best elemental (which is free fall for me) against an opposing color will do maybe 150 - 250. But then you will have to watch an annoying animation which takes like 30 seconds. In that time you could have finished the fight. That's just one spell at the top of the grid. So you can do without it.

Elements are only useful against bosses, but even then you gain more from doing status attacks so your physical attacks get better.

Who in their right mind could play this game three times?

Chrono Trigger is on the SNES, and it's one of the best games I've ever played.

The plots aren't really connected, except that they both contain time travel.

I'm gonna try to finish the game though. I have a compulsion for these things. I can't leave a game unfinished. The only games that I have not finished are Final Fantasy X-2 and Dragon's Quest VIII. And those were beacause the combat system sucked. So maybe Chrono Cross isn't so high on the list anyway.