Page 113 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2864

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...k-souls/721882

decided to post the video
    basically the whole part starting from 3:14 till... dunno.. 5:20 or so
    the human character looks awfull
    and those "cobra" enemies... argh

and that weird huge weapon
    its just so unbelievable how he swings/carries his axe and shield when he is just moving around like that
    meh, absolutely not what I had in memory but oh well if it has always been like that so be it. I don't like it (anymore) though

You like the game you like, but don't be a dick and tell me which is better. The CoD series is king for a reason.
    underaged children
    I believe CoD is king because the older ones were great
    CoD was good, CoD2 too, CoD:MW was awesome and new, CoD:WaW = meh, CoD:MW2 okay
    but CoD:BO is probably the worst of them all and most likely has been sold the most.
    must be an american thing or something... or a console thing.

I've seen that video and while it's not the most flattering it still looks a lot better than anything in demon's souls, just play the game yourself.
    Also the 2 weird weapons, the super long spear thing and the bendy blue axe, in that video are special, just like the meat cleaver in demon's souls.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    underaged children
    Yet you like BF more than CoD? I guess you're ahead of your classmates in 3rd grade.

I'm with Buffalobiian, I prefer the more face-to-face confrontations of CoD to the long range warfare in BF. Getting killed by shots from nowhere sucks.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yet you like BF more than CoD? I guess you're ahead of your classmates in 3rd grade.
    of course
    BF doesn't want to make me feel like a supersoldier from hell with 100% accuracy bunnyjumps around corners
    and it won't allow me to start nuclear warfare with 25 knife ninja-instant teleportation kills.
    and lets not forget that new diving shit which came with :BO,
    and on a sidenote, a tomahawk is not a modern weapon

CoD went from CS-Like to Quake-like
    and it went from atmospheric to "funny gimmick" *trollface*

hell, even BF is going more and more into that direction.. and it sucks
    and I'm making console and CoD players responsible for that
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 10-11-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    and on a sidenote, a tomahawk is not a modern weapon
    Oh, but it is.

Now a Claymore, that's not a modern weapon.

ya right

not.

SKYRIM

I've been playing for about 10 hours now, and I've still only been on what I estimate to be less than 1/8th of the map. Skyrim itself is huge!

The skills/perks system is really well done. Your character grows based on your play style, as before. I've been focusing on assassination shots with a bow, and it's really paying off. The Sneaking HUD/UI is vastly improved over Fallout 3's, and unlike New Vegas, sneaking actually works. So far, most of the enemies are not equipped with supersonic hearing and x-ray vision (like they were in NV's broken stealth system). You get to gradually see if you're hiding properly, made good your escape, or if they are steadily getting closer and closer to understanding where you're hiding.

To go with that, daggers make a great compliment when I can't get a good bow shot. They also have a 6x backstab, that can be increased to 15x! Occasionally, the game will cut to a stylish kill animation much like Fable III or Dragon Age. It's very satisfying to sneak up behind a bandit mage and slit his throat.

Problems so far: Inventory management. I'm not hoarding or anything, but unless you get your own residence, you don't get a storage container guaranteed to have your stuff still in it.

I am still waiting for my copy. Stupid shipping...

Did you get any sense of how level scaling works in Skyrim? This was one of the annoyances I had with Oblivion.

Working my way through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. So far it's been a pretty good game with some minor gripes. I find myself constantly trying to change the camera view but the view is computer-controlled. Sometimes it's difficult to see where I'm to jump because the camera's at a weird angle. Though, those could arguably just be my own failings. And as much as I love Patrick Stewart's voice, his narration can seem a little cheesy at times...but that could just be the script.

Lords of Shadow was fucking amazing keep playing it, by the end you will be totally sucked in; also after you finished it, don't skip the credits ;].

Just finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, just in time for Revelations.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    Did you get any sense of how level scaling works in Skyrim? This was one of the annoyances I had with Oblivion.
    I'm guessing you mean enemy scaling.

Overall, the difficulty has been pretty much where it should be. I'm Level 15 now, and if I'm not careful, I die against stronger opponents. In fact, due to my perhaps excessive specialization towards assassination, I die in most melee combat. Anything using a greatsword or warhammer for example (and most two-handed battle axes as well).

Giants require intelligent use of the landscape (making sure they can't get within melee range, they one-shot you). Dragons require distractions so you can get in toward their weak spots, similar to the high dragons in Dragon Age. They do tremendous damage when they're facing you. If you don't hit certain mages fast and hard, they can kill you pretty easily, while others are a piece of cake.

Equipment wise, they're keeping to items at or below my level, with a few "bosses" and bandit leaders possessing the nicer stuff that acts as loot for me. I stole a powerful bow at the cost of well over a dozen lockpicks, and even now enemy archers are still often carrying the lower ranked bows. I'm only now starting to see some of the nice ones creep in (still not as good as mine).

That said, I've had a few enraging encounters. One in particular took me forever to get through, and I ended up using a lot of consumables. And it was just three bandit types. One better than average archer, one two-hander, and a unnaturally strong sword/shield guy. They seemed to each have three times the health of the average enemy in that same dungeon. There are a few other encounters where I have had to reload at least a half-dozen times.

tl;dr: I have found the challenge to be appropriate. Some enemies are a joke, some are very much combat "veterans." I die a lot, but only once did I feel it was unfair.

As a side-note, my character is now a lycanthrope. If I use that, then I have no problem killing everything in a room on my own.

I think he wants to know if you go back to kill some "rats", did they become annoyingly stronger or do they get oneshotted (like they should).
    -----------------

Random critters? One-shotted. I can easily kill bears and saber cats now. A large part of that is the perks that improve damage with your chosen weapons.

People? They get a bit stronger. Not all bandits get one shotted unless I'm careful.

That's good to hear.

I read that the system was an improved version of what was implemented in Fallout 3. Now I haven't played Fallout 3 but the system in Oblivion was just far too simplistic. Almost everything and everyone around leveling at pretty much the same rate as yourself doesn't even sound right in theory. Especially when going back and dealing with enemies in previously 'conquered' areas.

From what I understand, the level of enemies in a region is set based on the your level when you enter it for the first time. I guess that pretty much means that the only thing that grows is the unexplored portion of the world. And even then, the scaling isn't linear. So entering a particular new area at level 20 would be somewhat easier than entering the same area at level 5, which makes sense. Of course, this doesn't supposedly apply enemies that randomly pop in like Dragons, but it seems like they have put alot more thought into the whole thing this time.

This is based on what I have read. I have yet to experience any of it myself but from what you said, it sounds like it is a nice mix of challenge and that feeling of accomplishment you get when you have grown enough to one shot certain enemies.

One final detail regarding leveling now that I've beaten a randomly popped dragon and toppled a few more bandit hideouts. I'm now between Levels 18 and 19.

Say you encounter a group of 5 bandits at their hideout. Three of them will be weaker than you, lower quality equipment (sometimes substantially so). These guys are trivial to take out with a single bow shot and only the 3x modifier you get from that. One of the other two will be about your level. You can take him out in two shots. Once with a sneak attack and one regular shot (sometimes it takes three total arrows). Or give him a one-shot via a backstab with a dagger.

The last one will feel significantly higher than you. If he's got a two-handed weapon, he will one-shot you in light armor. If he's got a bow, he will have many more of the perks. The last one I fought like this had the perk that staggers on an arrow hit. This will be at about skill 50. He can easily two-shot you with his bow. Hitting him from a sneak attack will only take about 1/4 of his life bar. He will be a tough opponent no matter what way you decide to take him down. I have to go for the 15x dagger backstab usually. Even that isn't always a one-shot.

So you get a nice difficulty curve on any encountered group. This is improved even over fallout, where each of a group are all sort of the same, only equipment differs.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 11-12-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: clarifying edits

Blog Entries
    I've been playing Borderlands a bit

It's pretty cool, like a more fun to play version of Fallout 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

I enjoyed both but Borderlands is a lot more whimsical and therefore less involving and meaningful than Fallout 3. I enjoyed Bioshock 2 more than 1 because of this feeling and what I felt was a better story.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

I agree. FO3 was way more serious. I didn't have as much fun, and stopped playing in the end because I couldn't find this place on the map. (that's unrelated though, sort of).

My Lilith with heaps of critical and elemental damage + SMGs ruled that world. Still have to finish playing the expansion packs I bought for it. The tournament one is actually pretty hard. Or I just suck at fighting aliens.

Can't wait for Borderlands 2. Let's hope ATI drivers won't have so much of a problem with them this time.

I wanted to play Bioshock 2, but I was trying to get through Bioshock first. It's just so non-engaging though.. I don't know if it'll ever happen.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Currently Playing:
    - Nintendo 64: Ogre Battle 64
    - SNES: Chrono Trigger
    - XBOX 360: just bought it and have yet to use it ..
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Lords of Shadow was fucking amazing keep playing it, by the end you will be totally sucked in; also after you finished it, don't skip the credits ;].
    I'm on Chapter 10 now so I'm almost at the end and it does seem to get better the further I go in the game. I'll make sure not to skip the credits, thanks :-)