Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 134 Discussion!!!

Episode 134 Discussion!!!

I liked the ep. Near the end when Sasuke did the whole fish bowl view when he was shocked and walking alone. I expected Itatchi to be there. I am glad they did not drag it out another 2 months like the 3rd's fight. I am disapointed with the lack of showing how the Sharingan work. Thats about it.

[quote]
    Originally posted by: Assassin

the best part imo was te itachi flashback at the end, and sasuke saying "i'll gain power in my own way". but does this mean hes not going to oro anymore? or was that just to say that he wont try to get the mangekyo sharingan?

i think he meant to gain the mangekyo without sacrificing his friend.

Great ending. Shows that Naruto is powerful and has come a long way, but also shows that even the main character can't win every time (kind of refreshing). I'm not sure what the whining is about Sasuke's look. Naruto has a glowing fox outline. I know the Kyubi is bad mofo but honest to god a fox in real life scares no-one and looks silly. Sasuke looked more like a bat... which I agree the lipstick is awkward... but other than that. To sum it up both of them look cool but can both me made fun of.

Plus with this mission out of the way it means new story time! Atsuki back? This might be fun!

i dont think naruto TRIED to hit sasuke's forehead protector.....it looked more like he got jabbed, and then just kinda swung blindly before losing consciousness
    it was just a symbolic coincidence that he hit the forehead protector.

oh, and i was wondering if anyone would notice or not, but just before sasuke pulls off the chidori, he changes his hand from a jab form to a closed fist form
    otherwise he probably would have pierced straight through naruto's body again
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

right, sasuke hesitates and turns the stab into a punch so it wouldnt kill naruto, probably he already made up his mind about not getting mangekyou the way itachi did. other than that the hand-wings were kinda silly looking, but the venus flytrap guy looks pretty cool.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

well i'm new here but i'm throwing in my 2 cents anyhow.

Forehead protector scratch: Either Naruto was hoping to knock him unconscious (rather than risk killing him w/ Rasengan to the body, you saw what it did to that water tower) and lost consciousness mid-strike, or he was trying to prove a point, somewhat realizing he wasn't going to win anyhow. Either way, Naruto only lost this fight because he didn't want to hurt Sasuke in the way that Sasuke did want to (at least initially) kill Naruto

That hanging in space moment before the attack: Sorta awkward no? How many lunging strikes give you a nice moment to look your enemy in the eye, reflect on your past with them, realize you might not want to kill him and then give you enough time to change the intensity/lethality of the blow? At least it shows Sasuke is no where near Itachi as far as coldness goes, probably because Naruto is so much like him that he's more than an obstacle. I think he intends to let Naruto live as a "gauge" to measure his growing power with.

The yaoish stare: Come on people. Get your minds out of the gutter. While Sasuke has never shown any interest in any female character on the show ever, it would be ludicrous to suggest he's got the hots for Naruto. For me it was just a realization that he is unable to kill his best friend, later manifesting in the realization that he isn't like his brother. And he was probably dead tired from using Seal Lvl2 and Chidori, plus all those fireballs and unlocking 3 Sharingan... He may also have been making sure that Naruto was alive, or trying to convey something to him (although, if i'm totally wrong and Sasuke thinks he's dead it'll be a shocker later on. Shoulda just slit the guy's throat if you wanted him dead 100%)

Orochimaru and Sasuke: don't be surprised to see this turn out very much like whatever happened with Itachi and Orochimaru, although I think Sasuke is already more accepting of Orochimaru's advances and intentions. What will Kabuto do? (i love that guy, needs more screentime)

Does anyone else find themselves getting upset at the CLIMACTIC FINISH TO BATTLE WITH HUGE POWER GAINING AND 'Ohmygodhispowerlevelissomuchhighernow!!! Where'd this strength come from!?!?!" Especially the MY VISUALIZED ENERGY ATTACK MEETS YOURS, hangs there for eternity, and takes 2 minutes to explode/ destroy the landscape all around it.... then the victor is just standing there! wasn't there a show that was like this all the time? wasn't it DBZ!?!

honestly, Naruto is about ninjas, ninjas not super saiyans and higher Sharingan levels and bigger Seal Levels and Gohan (i mean Naruto's) hidden power that he unlocks when he's pissed. strategy, different techniques, using the terrain, stealth, deception are the elements, not MYFIREBALLISBETTORZZZ!!! For a climactic battle like this to end on just who can charge up the biggest energyball is a great disappointment and a step in the wrong direction.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

^^ agree with the stare thingie and the scratch was prolly both, he didnt want to hurt sasuke but also prove a point to him

i myself was hoping for the kyuubi rasengan from the ps2 game narutimate hero2, cause its really big and red and powerfull ( its about as big as naruto himself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]) but instead we get the purpleish rasengan with kyuubi energie covering it ......meh
    -----------------

Originally posted by: masamuneehs

Does anyone else find themselves getting upset at the CLIMACTIC FINISH TO BATTLE WITH HUGE POWER GAINING AND 'Ohmygodhispowerlevelissomuchhighernow!!! Where'd this strength come from!?!?!" Especially the MY VISUALIZED ENERGY ATTACK MEETS YOURS, hangs there for eternity, and takes 2 minutes to explode/ destroy the landscape all around it.... then the victor is just standing there! wasn't there a show that was like this all the time? wasn't it DBZ!?!
    Had it been any other fight I would agree with you. This is a show about ninja's and they are supposed to be stealthy and clever rather than simply overpowering their enemy with a huge energy attack. But since it was Naruto and Sasuke...I don't know. It just seems like both of them using every last bit of chakra they could muster seemed more fitting with how competitive they've been the whole time

tangsihan

i got 2 questions, one is about the fighting, why everytime when sasuke and naruto fight, they hit chidori and rasengan together, not to the body...
    another is y dont naruto just summon the frog to fight sasuke?...easy job...one blow can finish sasuke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Please change your avatar. Animated avatars are not allowed. Read the rules before posting.

GotWoot Moderator

Becuse that would be not climatic at all. Its just like Cops why dont they just shoot them when they run. Its pointless. How about on the next mistery movie you watch the guy just admits o it in the first 5 minutes.

i'm fairly certain that he can't really summon anything but the frog boss or that little frog...and summoning the frog boss to take someone home or settle a rivalry is a little bit of overkill. He wanted to keep him alive evertime they fought afterall...

The black sphere was a big letdown. When that awkward sphere appeared, and Kakashi was all like "That chakra!" and lines appeared all over it, I was thinking that the demon fox would be released in some way. Not a very pretty scene.

The new guy is just bizarre. I don't know about him...

then read the manga [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img], well i can tell you this.....................hes AKATSUKI ..........oh noooooess spoiler..........
    -----------------

^^^^^^

Hey darkshadow, no one cares. Bug off and crawl back to your manga section, thanks.

..........i DONT read the manga, it was ALL sarcam, damn......sry to give you the wrong idea or something
    -----------------

Great episode!

Seeing the new Akatsuki member in the anime was really cool. As Terra said earlier, it's a fitting voice for him.

Originally posted by: darkshadow
    then read the manga [img][/img], well i can tell you this.....................hes AKATSUKI ..........oh noooooess spoiler..........
    Im assuming you were being facetious... but isn't his robe a glaring clue that hes in Akatsuki. As it is the same garb that Itachi and his buddy (forget his name, guy with the weird chakra eating sword) wears.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

I had complained about it earlier, but I do think that a nice explosive battle like this one is very fitting for the scenario.

Good Episode I think...
    'cept for the fuckin' purple rasengan...

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Well, a purple Rasengan is quite logical. Red chakra mixed with blue chakra would make purple chakra. It looks weird, but it would be biased (in a way) since Naruto still has some control of his actions.

good ep but i hated the hand wing thingys and the gay stare down in the seclusion of the big black sphere (NASTY) and the guy with the chakra eating sword is kisame i think??

I'm official.