Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gundam Wing

RE: Gundam Wing

Wow. Terra. That paragraph was a interesting read. I mean I liked GW when it came out in the States. When was that... like somewhere in the 90s I presume correct? Well back then I was in my early 10s or something. Still a kid that doesn't care about plot, characters, etc. Just the action. And killing. That was what made me hooked onto GW when it came out. I was crazy about it. Good Gundam models though in my opinion. I still think its good (Gundam models wise). I should rewatch it and see how different it is affecting me this time. Probably as good in the action parts but I mean I really only got into fansubs around January so I look for more depth than fighting now. Character development is a major part in the animes I choose to watch. Anyone else agree with me?

Missing Nin

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    Finaly someone who doesnt like Shinn iether [img][/img]

People think he is diffrent from Fray just cause he is a Gundam pilot.
    I don't just not like Shinn I absolutely hate everything about the character. Every time they try to make a episode about him it becomes pointless and you simply want to kill every character involved in the mess they are trying to hard to make him Fllay/Kira's bastard child. The only somewhat good news is he likely won't survive the series but we will have to put up with him dying a hero of some sort.

The thing that ticks me off about him beyond all else though is the retarded nature of the impulse. It takes time and all of the random weapon packs are flying through a battlefield. Why in gods name hasn't Kra just shot down a weapons pack and left Shinn dead in the water? Much less any other random mech or ship. The impulse has to be the single worst idea for a gundam EVER. Atleast with Strike you had Mwu flying out the weapon pack instead of some nameless drone.

Impulse wasn't the first Gundam to be formed by multiple parts. There was also V Gundam and ZZ Gundam. I do agree it's kinda silly to have all the parts fly out of the minerva separately instead of merging to form impulse Gundam from within the minerva. But they ability to switch parts is kinda cool, remember the time when the legs were destroyed Shinn can just ask for another set for replacement.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Black ops
    Wow. Terra. That paragraph was a interesting read. I mean I liked GW when it came out in the States. When was that... like somewhere in the 90s I presume correct? Well back then I was in my early 10s or something. Still a kid that doesn't care about plot, characters, etc. Just the action. And killing. That was what made me hooked onto GW when it came out. I was crazy about it. Good Gundam models though in my opinion. I still think its good (Gundam models wise). I should rewatch it and see how different it is affecting me this time. Probably as good in the action parts but I mean I really only got into fansubs around January so I look for more depth than fighting now. Character development is a major part in the animes I choose to watch. Anyone else agree with me?
    It will probably be different indeed. I for example loved Dragonball Z to death when I saw a few eps around my 10's...still a good show of course but now I can see all the things that people hate with the show, so it's no longer the cool action romp it was in my younger eyes.

Missing Nin

Originally posted by: Psyke
    Impulse wasn't the first Gundam to be formed by multiple parts. There was also V Gundam and ZZ Gundam. I do agree it's kinda silly to have all the parts fly out of the minerva separately instead of merging to form impulse Gundam from within the minerva. But they ability to switch parts is kinda cool, remember the time when the legs were destroyed Shinn can just ask for another set for replacement.
    I have no problem with being able to obtain replacement parts when your gundam takes damage. However thats a emergency situation. In a normal case sending out a piolet in a under armored death trap is pointless. Note Shinn flying through the cage was once again a reason to do it but it still does not explain why initially you wouldn't have the gundam in one piece so you could launch it normally and fully equiped.

Then as a final note realise that the core flyer unit has boosters that Shinn ejects before forming the gundam meaning that the core unit if the gundam legs and top were destroyed has no reasonable way to be detached. Much less the ability to flee back to the ship as a escape pod.